Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@Sunnysmom, I'm reaching out to my SA in Canada to see what she knows. Thanks for reaching out to yours.  Hopefully not as painful as your experience with the glass lipsticks!!

Hey @TraceyEB so here’s what I know so far 🥰. My area boutique does not have the blush yet but she’s hoping they will arrive this week, today potentially. So imagine others as well or maybe they have now but this is just my local. The highlighters are considered holiday and will probably arrive end of Sept. (Btw, I guess the eye powders are pretty but not practical so I’m guessing they have fallout issues. 🤔 I am going in this week and will check all of this out! I will of course report back at once on this very important mission. Lol) 

@Sunnysmom @TraceyEB I watched a YouTube video by Sara ElBaff and she got two of the shadows. She accidentally spilled powder out of one of the vials and said you have to be very careful with them. They looked pretty but maybe not the most practical?

@Winthrop44, thanks for pointing out Sara's video. She held the vial almost upside down and some came out, so yes, be careful when handling them. It was good seeing two shades that I've not seen swatched and applied. I noticed that a commenter advised to use a brush to minimize any fallout (that seemed to come with shade 402).  Are they practical? At $40 each, no. Still, I plan to pick up two to try the formula.

@TraceyEB @Winthrop44 @Sunnysmom - OMGosh!  What a LOL moment when she was swatching and without thinking turned the bottle upside down.  I use loose eyeshadows and blushes frequently as well as loose setting powder every time and saw the mishap coming before it happened. 😄 

She most likely was getting fallout because she wasn't tapping the excess off the applicator; that's what you do when applying with a brush whether it's eyeshadow, blush, or setting powder.

@Titian06 @TraceyEB @Sunnysmom  I feel a little badly for her because there were several comments about the spill.  I tend to be a bit of a butterfingers at times so I could see myself shooting one of those little vials across my bathroom. I’m still undecided on whether or not I will try these. Back in the day I purchased way  more MAC pigments than I ever used. I’m just not a big fan of loose powders.

I agree you guys. Same with me @Winthrop44 I could totally see myself doing this as it never fails I drop a lip on the counter or nick a shadow or something. I’m not a big fan of loose either as I’m just not a pro at it and also probably don’t have the patience for precision! I want some quick swipes blend and done! 🤦🏻‍♀️ I can’t even recall any that I’ve bought. Pretty sure zero! It would be great if these are wonderful tho! 

@Titian06, I think everyone who watched that video was yelling at the screen to turn the bottle back up. Appreciate your advice on minimizing fallout. I usually push loose powder into a brush when using complexion products but haven't used loose powder on the eyes.

Great tips thank you  @Titian06 @TraceyEB @Winthrop44 ! These seem tricky but I still want to try one as well! I did not care for the liquids the other year but these show more promise. Now to remember to tap and not turn upside down! 

@Sunnysmom, that's great intel!! Glad you are able to go counter and see the products. Rebecca's video has the loose eyeshadows in 406 and 408 and there was no mention of fallout. Interesting that the blushes might come in this week!

Well it’s something I guess @TraceyEB ! Why all these little scattered releases have to be so confusing is beyond me. Lol. Yes I was surprised to hear this about the shadows as I thought they looked good from the video. I’d actually changed my mind and wanted to try one after seeing them! Who knows - it’ll be good to see and find out how they perform. Maybe a good primer can do the trick! Otherwise money saved! ( On sep note, are you thinking about the new glass lip beauties coming in Sept?! I really want to try one. Just one. Lol. Also, insanity. Beautiful art-like keepsake however?! I’m rationalizing deeply. )

IMG_8171.png

IMG_8173.png

IMG_8174.png

I *think* the release date for the collection is the 4th so Friday? I wonder if it will be both the fall collection and those eye quads, which seem to be a separate collection?

My SA says Aug 15 for US  fall collection @ChristalM . What are you thinking about getting? I’m conflicted about this one! May be a Bloom lip and a plum blush, but I think I can live without the eyeshadows sadly or happily!

@Sunnysmom oh no 😞 I was really hoping it was this Friday. I should call my SA. I was definitely going to get 2-3 pf the blooms, and 2 of the loose shadows and the quad with the yellow shadow! LOL Debating the blushes but I think they are much too dark for me sadly.

Well maybe you’ll get yours earlier @ChristalM as you guys sometimes do right? Keep us posted and can’t wait to see what you get! I may just do one Bloom and a blush if not too dark. Conflicted about the shadows and loose shadows. Love to hear what you think if you pick one up. I have to save my pennies for the darn lip set I think! Ugh. 

@Sunnysmom Haha that is why I am watching SDM...use points! I see Holts has the new quads up today so fingers crossed!

@ChristalM, isn't the Byzance collection just the eyeshadow quads? I'm seeing them also at the Bay and Chanel Canada.  I think the blushes, bloom lipsticks, and loose eyeshadow powders are in the Equinoxe Fall Collection. I think they're due to launch mid-August.

@TraceyEB you are right. I called my SDM...they have the eye quads now and the fall collection Aug 14th.

@ChristalM, thanks for confirming! I need to decide on the items I want from the Fall collection.

@TraceyEB opps Aug 16th. yeah me too. I need a preorder! I got two of the new quads yesterday and they are beautiful. I will post pics later

6,222 Replies
testing