Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@Titian06 Thank you! It is a beautiful shade for sure!

I think that one is so special @ChristalM ! You did what we all should do 🥰. Will be so fun to see all of the shades ! 

@ChristalM, 874 is beautiful! 😍 Just the one is great - kudos to you for even narrowing it down to one. And hey, if it's joined by just another one down the road, that would be great as well! 😉 I'll be interested to know how you like the formula on this lipstick.

@Sunnysmom @ChristalM @TraceyEB @Winthrop44 Chanel knows they would get us 😘 This line is officially more expensive than Tom Ford lipsticks 😘 Probably won’t stop us but restrain us from hoarding all 😘

This is just ridiculous @blackkitty2014 ! Are they trying to reach Hermes pricing?! 🤦🏻‍♀️Stop it Chanel. 😭

Actually, because the Chanel one has less product, it’s already pricier per oz than Hermes lipstick.

With the case, Chanel L’Extrait ($55, 0.07oz) is $786 per oz.  Hermes with case ($72, 0.12 oz) is $600 per oz.

For the refills, Chanel L’Extrait refill ($40, 0.07 oz) is $571 per oz. Hermes refill ($43, 0.12 oz) is $358 per oz.

And Hermes comes with all the luxurious packaging! Also, Hermes refills can be retractable on their own, but no, Chanel refills are not. 

Chanel’s regular lipsticks are 0.11 to 0.12 oz, so this time they really made the L’Extrait bullet smaller, like about 1/2!!!

Tell them @Sunnysmom 😂🤣 We would tell your mum that you’ve been naughty Chanel  (PS I can’t find spanking paddle) 

Haha love it @blackkitty2014 ! Yup I’m so brave. 😫 not. Even ! 😂

@Sunnysmom Wow so pretty...but $75 in Canada. Ouch. Not sure yet. Maybe with my Optimum points? HAHA

Ouch is right @ChristalM , that’s just so much.😕 Def a great idea for using those points! 💞

@Sunnysmom Maybe 🙂 But I might avoid on principle. Maybe...

I am also trying to save point for those 4 tweed eye quads coming. Now those I NEED!

Nothing wrong with that @ChristalM , I highly support you! 🤗🥰 It’s just nuts. Even US price is beyond. 

@Sunnysmom, wow, that's a lot of shades for your wonderful SA to swatch! I appreciate it, too! I heard the refill cartridges do not twist up on their own and need to be inserted into the outer component to do that. I haven't invested any time looking into this release, so looking forward to seeing what people buy and post!

@TraceyEB Wait seriously? That is sorta awful!

@ChristalM   If you check out Hey It's Jackeline's YouTube video you can see how the inserts look up close and why they won't twist on their own. The little mechanism that's required for twisting is recessed inside the gold tube.

I agree @TraceyEB ! I’ve heard that about the refills also , bums me out. At least let them twist up so a person doesn’t have to always put it into a case. Seems kind of mean. Lol. Something tells me this idea may not be permanent for them?! 😆

Thanks @Sunnysmom . I "pre-ordered" 812 and 814 off the web site and already had them both by yesterday. Really love the formula and both shades. Hey It's Jackeline has a good review and mentions my one quirk with them (besides the already discussed $$$, esp considering how little product you get). There is no shade name or number visible anywhere once the gold tube holding the bullet is clicked into the base, regardless of  whether you purchase just a refill or a lipstick complete with black case. That could drive me a little 😜. If I had realized right away I might have kept the boxes...but it's already too late for one of them. Don't understand why they didn't at least place  the name higher up on the gold tube.

Cool @Winthrop44 that’s so exciting! Glad you love the formula too. Love to see your swatches if you want to! 😊 Waiting on mine! Oh no, that’s crazy annoying about the number. That seems like a big error. Reminds me of Guerlain too- drives me batty! I’m not thrilled with the small size either needless to say. Seems like the trend doesn’t it, grr. Pay more get less! 😖 Tho it should work out better for some of us to stand a fair chance of using more lipsticks up this way! But less $$ if so. 😂 I want it both ways. lol. 

@Sunnysmom You and me both on wanting it both ways! I’ll see if I can get decent swatches tomorrow but they will pale in comparison to the ones from your SA. Which shades did you order?

So true @Winthrop44 ! Sounds great and certainly don’t mean to trouble you to do it either! 😘 Just whenever and so fun to see what we all end up with. I did the usual suspects- 858,868,874 in refills and 872 in full size. Ugh. Once I saw so many “different” reds ( 😳 ha) I knew I was toast! 872 may be too rust , hoping not!  

RA L'Extraits.jpg

Well, you can see here how bad I am at swatches, lol. From left to right this is 812 and 814. They look almost exactly the same here, which they definitely don't on the lips. My arm is not this wrinkly either. I swear. 😅

The SA swatches are accurate for these two. 

6,223 Replies
testing