Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

@Kim888   Me too; I really want the lightest Healthy Glow Sheer Powder.

@TraceyEB Yippee I see that too! Thank you! 

@Sunnysmom, so excited to try the Water Fresh Tint foundation. It'll be in my hands tomorrow!!  Eeeeekkk!

What do you think @TraceyEB ?! I got mine too! It’s interesting isn’t it? I got medium light. Worried would be too ”dark” but seems ok! I don’t notice much. Maybe a slight blurring or evening out? I also got cranberry, fuschia and blackberry is it lip? Love em!! Goooood collection and of course so happy for these deeper more saturated red and berries! 🙄☺️

@Sunnysmom, it really is an interesting product. It seemed to even my skintone without providing much coverage. I'm used to wearing medium coverage foundation everyday, so to see an even skintone with very little coverage was surprising to see and feel. The radiance upon application dried down to a sheen and a light tackiness remained. I used concealer and corrector, and lightly powdered. Later in the day I wanted to touch up one small area, and it worked well for that but where I needed coverage (noticeable redness on the tip of my nose), I reached for my lightest foundation stick and it all looked cohesive. Will use it for a few consecutive days to see if there is a benefit from this skincare+makeup product with continued use. Ah, science. I can see reaching for this when it's hot and humid. I can also see going through it quickly if I'm not too careful. I chose shade Light and think it's a good match (I'm usually N.10 in Chanel base products).

Thanks for your comment about the lip balms! I saw a video on Chanel direct where Lucia was featuring this collection and the lip balm looked so pigmented. I'll pick one up for sure!

@TraceyEB   The balms are definitely pigmented!  I've never seen a balm that pigmented before.  

@Ispend2much6, that's so good to know! I would usually pass on balms but seeing one used in a video on Chanel's site left me intrigued.

Me too @TraceyEB @Ispend2much6 I usually can pass right by any so thanks a whole lot @Ispend2much6! Lol Now I will have to check them out next trip to Nordstrom! Do they bleed into lip lines or maybe you don’t have any?! Lucky girl if so! 

@Sunnysmom   I didn't notice about the lip lines, and because I didn't like the scent, I didn't really pay attention since I wouldn't be purchasing them.  Sorry!

Oh you don’t? Too perfumey @Ispend2much6 ? 

@Sunnysmom  They really are, for me, at least.

Aw that’s a bummer @Ispend2much6 .  I like it tho I don’t like too much of an overly scented one either usually. Prob bec I’ve gotten so used to it after years of wearing them maybe? You aren’t the first that’s for sure! Well $ saved that’s for sure! 🤗

@Sunnysmom   Money saved until next weekend. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 you got that right! Great idea. I’m gonna do same! 

@TraceyEB yes it’s really up my alley too as I love a very light barely tinted look and if glowy then perfect! I’ll have to experiment today also with different moisturizer as I do same patting into skin. It does mix up well against hand but like you I think I’ll go through it fast as I needed repeated dots of product, seemed to disappear into brush at least until I applied it to my skin. Then it appeared! Magic. Lol. Yes I bet light was perfect for you. I think our girl @Ispend2much6 commented on lip balms. 🙂 FYI I got the matte crayon lip in Blackcurrent, the liquid powder lip in 966 and velvet Extreme lipstick in Muted Fuschia and happy to swatch any. 🙂

RE: Chanel Updates

More of the June collection - not sure on the translation but the one from this morning called it the Blurry Eye collection

Part of the June collection; quad and grey revolution mascaraB47850CD-182F-4185-B719-233750AB90C2.png

FC2028E8-39F8-45DD-BD3E-5E7454979470.png

I received a sample pack of these from Neiman Marcus last week.  They have a pretty strong perfume scent to them, in case anyone was wondering.

Just watched a first impressions YT video by Angela van Rose featuring the Chanel Les Beiges Eau de Teint/Water Fresh Tint and the Les Ombres 9-pan Natural Eyeshadow Palette. The Water Fresh Tint looks like it has a blurring, dewy glow effect with slight coverage with skincare benefits; the Les Ombres 9-pan looks more pigmented in this video. Update: Angela posted a review video on the Water Fresh Tint (a one week followup). She cautions that over moisturizing can make the product more sheer than ideal. She also found it didn't work well applied over foundation. Wanting both the Water Fresh Tint (please don't be too expensive) and the 9-pan palette when the collection launches.

I agree on this @TraceyEB.  Found it tricky to use over my moisturizer but as it doesn’t have SPF I of course need to use it and or serum. Mine had almost a chalky look at first when I used it over it. If no moisturizer it didn’t. 😖 Brush is a bit tricky too for me. Thoughts? I’ll have to keep on experimenting w different products but I like my serum / moisturizer routine to get a bit of a glow going on this old girl skin! 🤣 Grr. 

testing