Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Byredo Thread

I’ve really enjoyed Byredo perfumes for a while, but I recently picked up a couple of their lipsticks and wanted to share some swatches. If you are interested in Byredo products, please share your experiences and recommendations!
My collection of full-size Byredo. I’ll dig up my purse sprays eventuallyMy collection of full-size Byredo. I’ll dig up my purse sprays eventually

6875077E-C06E-4F31-80BF-9D90F140A44C.jpeg
The metal lipstick packaging is hefty and luxurious. The magnetic tops stay on securely.

C3B43201-8C20-41E8-AE76-D791CDCFC81C.jpegA2809528-9200-433E-9913-A447B796A5DC.jpeg

The swatches: Top: Red & Blue, a satin finish with cool undertones; Bottom: Red Armchair, a matte finish with warm undertones. They go on smoothly and feel comfortable on the lips but I haven’t really taken them on a test drive yet. And yes, I’m obsessed with red lipsticks!

Re: Byredo Thread

Congratulations, @blackkitty2014 ! 🥳  It's gorgeous!  Looking forward to the results of your play session. 🙂

Wow, @blackkitty2014 i did like it but now I think I love it. I want it more now after your picture. Let us know how it goes!

Good grief @blackkitty2014 that is truly gorgeous!! Yours is much prettier than their pics! Enjoy that! Fomo. Must stay strong. Lol. 

F789AE39-AAA6-4C25-9E28-8C2689561A39.jpeg
‘Available at Byredo direct now @ChristalM @itsfi @curlychiquita @Sunnysmom . Ugh I want this but the timing is just bad since Sephora sale is just hours away

What a fun palette! These shades would be very good on you I bet @blackkitty2014 ! I will pass but look forward to your thoughts! 🤗🥰

These shades look very pretty @blackkitty2014 but this color family doesn’t get on very well with my eyes. 😔 Will be fun to hear about it and see looks and swatches from those who pick it up. 

@blackkitty2014 Thanks! I see it is up on Holts too! I am heading out on vacation tomorrow but will definitely be getting it upon my return!

Enjoy your vacation @ChristalM! Will look forward to hearing your thoughts on this after you get back!

New palette coming!  The Remembrance I LOVED the previous version Flora Kalahari.

byredo 2.PNG

It looks gorgeous, @ChristalM! I own a lot of these colors so I probably won't buy it but I definitely admire it.

Wait new one? I’m so on it. I enjoy the Flora version and kick myself for not getting the first one. Thx for posting @ChristalM  🌹

Very pretty, @ChristalM ! 😍

Ohhh, the packaging @ChristalM! 😍 

State of Emotions Eye Palette arrived over the weekend, and I have had a little time to play with it. 9BF6999E-D8BF-4D18-A005-9B2DED25EAD9.jpeg

The packaging is gorgeous; weighty but not bulky. It is much smaller than I anticipated, which was a relief!

00C3813D-2CC6-4F27-8033-487147FA876A.jpeg

Initial thoughts: My heart sank a little when I saw how dark the shades looked in person. Thankfully, they swatched much sheerer than they look. They are all wearable, neutrals that have at least some shimmer in them (including the far left shade).

6C9459CD-5244-48BF-8BE1-B478A381BFFF.jpeg

Application is definitely proving to be a challenge. I read that using the fingertips was encouraged, and in the swatch photos, I did just that. Each is 3-4 swipes, so it took a little work to build up depth. 

I have been using natural hair brushes to apply to my lids, and it seems so sheer that it can appear patchy. This is over primer, too. So maybe synthetic brushes would be better? 

@ChristalM @Sunnysmom 

These colors are gorgeous on you, @eshoe ! 🥰  I understand about being uncomfortable with using your finger to apply.  I have a palette from another brand with one shadow that only seems to apply decently with my finger.  It's the only eyeshadow I apply like this...and it just feels wrong! 🤣

Thank you, @Titian06! I know exactly what you mean. I have a couple of tube liquid shadows that I try to apply with my finger tip, but usually end up using a synthetic brush. It is just too hard to get into the corners without!

Other than that, I will apply a topper to the mid lid with my fingertip. This is just different, and that is ok😊

@eshoe Oh wow that is bizarre because to me they packed a punch! I just use a flat lay morphe eye brush for the lid and I had no issue getting a beautiful pigment. I am so sorry because it is a beauty for sure!

Sometimes I just think I am an anomaly, @ChristalM 😂 

I am definitely going to try a synthetic brush. I did my lazy look today so did not play around with it, but it is definitely worthy of additional experimentation. It is always interesting to see how differently some products work for people.

And even though it behaves in a way I did not expect, I am pleased as punch to give this little beauty a new home!

@eshoe Here is my application of the eye quad and the lipstick, Transported, from this collection. As well as the Kohl from this collection, a GEORGEOUS Burgandy! Forgive the odd photo...Byredo.jpg

You look wonderful in these colors, @ChristalM ! 🥰  They were made for you!

@Titian06 oh thanks so much!

Conversation Stats
Photos56
  • They tossed in 2 fragrance samples, yay!
  • 3 Colour Sticks on top, 2 Lipsticks on bottom.
  • My collection of full-size Byredo. I’ll dig up my purse sprays eventually
  • C3B43201-8C20-41E8-AE76-D791CDCFC81C.jpeg
  • 6875077E-C06E-4F31-80BF-9D90F140A44C.jpeg
  • A2809528-9200-433E-9913-A447B796A5DC.jpeg
  • I added Saie Mascara 101 and topped my lips with clear Glossier Lip Gloss.
  • At least you can't see the creasing when my eyes are open. :D
  • You can see Kumato starting to pool in my crease, and this was just 5-10 minutes after application.
  • Gold flecks are from the Vega Flash pencil.
  • Photo taken in warm bathroom lighting. LH's Vega Flash Crayon has a moderate gold shimmer that's hard to see here. Poppet is a Westman Atelier blush stick.
  • Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow.PNG
  • Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow 3.PNG
  • 4DD272C3-CE36-4290-89F9-C7868FA5A64F.jpeg
  • 9AE1A1ED-EDD7-4683-9B06-E49F9E56EBA5.jpeg
testing