Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Byredo Thread

I’ve really enjoyed Byredo perfumes for a while, but I recently picked up a couple of their lipsticks and wanted to share some swatches. If you are interested in Byredo products, please share your experiences and recommendations!
My collection of full-size Byredo. I’ll dig up my purse sprays eventuallyMy collection of full-size Byredo. I’ll dig up my purse sprays eventually

6875077E-C06E-4F31-80BF-9D90F140A44C.jpeg
The metal lipstick packaging is hefty and luxurious. The magnetic tops stay on securely.

C3B43201-8C20-41E8-AE76-D791CDCFC81C.jpegA2809528-9200-433E-9913-A447B796A5DC.jpeg

The swatches: Top: Red & Blue, a satin finish with cool undertones; Bottom: Red Armchair, a matte finish with warm undertones. They go on smoothly and feel comfortable on the lips but I haven’t really taken them on a test drive yet. And yes, I’m obsessed with red lipsticks!

Re: Byredo Thread

@Sunnysmom - That is a gorgeous red!  😍

It’s so very pretty and lasting too @Titian06 ! Perfect for holiday season! 💄

@Sunnysmom Oh wow that is stunning! I actually don't own any Gucci 😖 but that sounds interesting. I'd dent it the first day too.

🤦🏻‍♀️ @Samtian I think I can trip on air much less drop everything too! 😆

Oh boy I’m in trouble again @Sunnysmom 😜

Yup @blackkitty2014 you are! 😂😘

Thank you for the swatches, @Sunnysmom!! I'm glad the formula is what you like!! I am also glad to know they aren't as metallic as all of the things I have seen so far. 

Me too @haleyvvvv ! I went back and forth and so glad I got it. It’s so nice. Fine line between shimmer and too much metallic at least in my world! 

@Sunnysmom, oh wow, these do look less metallic. Thank you for your swatches. Maybe it’s time for a sibling for my other Byredo eyeshadow palette. 😆 

Probably so @itsfi ! 😊 Do you like your other one? This is my first. 

@Sunnysmom  @itsfi   I just saw a demo of this palette on "Hey It's Jackeline"'s channel.  She did a really good job; it's so pretty!

I haven’t seen her review on this one @Ispend2much6 , but I do think she does a nice job on her others that I have seen. 

@Ispend2much6, thank you. @Sunnysmom‘s swatches are enough to get me to take a look at the palette (and probably the other one that is or coming out) the next time I’m in Byredo.

@itsfi   If you're talking about the all-gray palette, please let me know what you think if you see it in person.  I saw some reviews, and it looks more dry than this one, and a little more glittery.  But the shades are so pretty!  Thank!

Will do @Ispend2much6! I’ve seen some photos where the shadows are mostly black and others where it looks like a mix of greys and blacks. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Ugh, that's beautiful!!  I think my shades also.  Is it scented?  Thanks for the tag @Sunnysmom .  I would have never considered this on my own.  I hope Black Friday is a bust, because I will have a tough time controlling myself. 😉 

I debated quite awhile @Ispend2much6 . So pretty. No I don’t detect any real scent on it. Packaging is beautiful as well not that I bought it for that tho.  I am however always challenged getting them open when they have these closures, takes me a minute! 

I haven't tried any makeup products yet though the packaging is fun!

Of the perfumes from this house, I've enjoyed Seven Veils which is this curious vanilla root beer thing and Pulp which kind of has a touch of rotting fruit, not your typical friendly fruity perfume, but I think Pulp is discontinued now? Inflorescence is a pretty white floral that gets overlooked. They were also one of the earlier houses to do western style ouds so while those don't stand out so much anymore, they were a little more challenging than TF's Oud Wood and I appreciate frontrunners.

Has anyone tried their candles yet? 🕯

New perfume: Mumbai Noise. It sounds fantastic exactly like something I’d enjoy, can’t wait to try it out!

From the website:

Mumbai Noise – a tribute to the sensorial multitudes and multifaceted modernity of Mumbai, anchored in Ben Gorham’s memories of its past.

A scent crowded with contrasts: of rich, warm woods and amber blended with brightness; of plummy Davana positioned alongside leather; bitter coffee stirred with sweet tonka beans.

The mesmerising abundance of Chembur’s streets – the smoky haze of incense interspersed with streetside coffee carts and cacophonous soundscapes – is explored through a contemporary lens.

A new eyeshadow palette from Byredo - Metal Boots In the Snow. Photos from Byredo site.

Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow.PNGByredo Metal Boots in the Snow 3.PNG

The collaboration between Ouai and Byredo gives me hope we’ll see the full Byredo line being sold at Sephora sooner rather than later. 🤞

https://www.sephora.com/product/ouai-haircare-ouai-x-byredo-mojave-ghost-leave-in-conditioner-P47384...

Conversation Stats
  • 47 replies
  • 203 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos19
  • They tossed in 2 fragrance samples, yay!
  • 3 Colour Sticks on top, 2 Lipsticks on bottom.
  • My collection of full-size Byredo. I’ll dig up my purse sprays eventually
  • C3B43201-8C20-41E8-AE76-D791CDCFC81C.jpeg
  • 6875077E-C06E-4F31-80BF-9D90F140A44C.jpeg
  • A2809528-9200-433E-9913-A447B796A5DC.jpeg
  • I added Saie Mascara 101 and topped my lips with clear Glossier Lip Gloss.
  • At least you can't see the creasing when my eyes are open. :D
  • You can see Kumato starting to pool in my crease, and this was just 5-10 minutes after application.
  • Gold flecks are from the Vega Flash pencil.
  • Photo taken in warm bathroom lighting. LH's Vega Flash Crayon has a moderate gold shimmer that's hard to see here. Poppet is a Westman Atelier blush stick.
  • Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow.PNG
  • Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow 3.PNG
  • 4DD272C3-CE36-4290-89F9-C7868FA5A64F.jpeg
  • 9AE1A1ED-EDD7-4683-9B06-E49F9E56EBA5.jpeg