Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Byredo Thread

I’ve really enjoyed Byredo perfumes for a while, but I recently picked up a couple of their lipsticks and wanted to share some swatches. If you are interested in Byredo products, please share your experiences and recommendations!
My collection of full-size Byredo. I’ll dig up my purse sprays eventuallyMy collection of full-size Byredo. I’ll dig up my purse sprays eventually

6875077E-C06E-4F31-80BF-9D90F140A44C.jpeg
The metal lipstick packaging is hefty and luxurious. The magnetic tops stay on securely.

C3B43201-8C20-41E8-AE76-D791CDCFC81C.jpegA2809528-9200-433E-9913-A447B796A5DC.jpeg

The swatches: Top: Red & Blue, a satin finish with cool undertones; Bottom: Red Armchair, a matte finish with warm undertones. They go on smoothly and feel comfortable on the lips but I haven’t really taken them on a test drive yet. And yes, I’m obsessed with red lipsticks!

Re: Byredo Thread

@ChristalM I think this is the first time I've seen a full photo of you! I love the way you did your makeup! It suits you very well, as does the lipstick shade 🙂

@Guessgal oh so sweet! Thank you so much!

@ChristalM  Oh thx you for lips watch this shade. @Sunnysmom was enabling me to try at least one. Looks liked you 2 don’t need to convince me anymore. You both did great picking your shades. Just beautiful 🌹🌹🌹

@blackkitty2014 ah thanks 🙂

Oh I love it @ChristalM ! It’s so natural and great on you! Do you like it?! That’s wild. Nothing?! Wow. I’m going to ask the SA at Nordies what he thinks because now I’m so curious! PS I adore your hair!! Perfect on you! 😍

@Sunnysmom I know it is wild! I was prepared for fragrance but...none. Odd very odd.

I do like it. it is sticky like you said but it does last decently i world say. I love the coverage. Not sure I would get more but I like this one and happy I got it.

Ah thanks you are always so sweet!

I’m so glad it’s working out so well for you @ChristalM , yay! I can not believe it has no smell! Lol that’s crazy. I agree. I’m happy with the one I got and that’s gonna be it unless some new crazy can’t live without color shows up. 🤣 Better not! 🥰🤗

That's a very pretty color on you, @ChristalM ! 😍

@Sunnysmom Oh pretty! I think I will get one. Now to figure out which one....

Really pretty, @Sunnysmom ! 😍

Thanks @Titian06 @ChristalM . It feels very smooth when you first apply it almost gel like but then gets a little stickier and stays kind of sticky . It sheers out fast too so this level of pigment def did not last but it’s still a great red. The taste is unusual. Reminds me of something. Not plasticy but not totally floral fruity either. More synthetic. Not sure how I feel about that. Let me know if you try it. Trying to figure out what it is. lol. 
@WinglessOne 

Thanks, @Sunnysmom !  Sticky, weird taste, and it doesn't last?  Yea, that's a definite pass!

😭Eeks I feel so badly saying it @Titian06 but it’s kind of a mixed bag. 🙃I still love the brand , their lipsticks and shadows, fragrances too. So I’ll keep working with this one as the color is so pretty! 

@Sunnysmom - Don't feel bad, though I understand when you like a brand so much.  Providing an honest assessment, even an unpleasant one, allows the rest of us to make an informed decision.  I'd rather spend that $50 on something else rather than something that may not be a quality product. 🤑

FYI, in this case, knowing my sensitivity to scents (some can be migraine triggers), this is concerning to me.  If the product were less expensive, given your review, I might give it more consideration. 😁

Thanks @Titian06 I truly appreciate that. We all have different experiences obviously with products, ugh. I get it on the scent thing. Some of them are just a deal breaker. I can’t handle Kilian and I love the shades. 😕 Money will be better spent elsewhere for sure! I wish these were less! 

@Sunnysmom  Aw, too bad about the stickiness and lack of staying power. And the weird taste. You might've just saved me some money. 😂 Part of me still wants to test one, but not for $50 if it has all those issues. 

@WinglessOne @Sunnysmom  Same. Now I am reconsidering and that is good 🙂 I tend to buy lots of thing to "just try one" . All those "ones" add up!

So so true @ChristalM , they do! If you do see and try them please let me know your thoughts so I don’t think I’m crazy. 😣 @WinglessOne 

Well I don’t want to discourage you from trying just one @WinglessOne !😂 There are def still positives that I’m hoping will eventually outweigh the others. Hoping. Lol. The taste and stickiness isn’t terrible that’s for sure and the color is really pretty. I do think it’ll prob stay quite well but it did blend out /faded a bit. I didn’t apply too many coats bec I didn’t want to risk any stickier but l suppose we could. I’m hoping the taste calms down too. Maybe I should have some coffee. 🤣 Keep you posted. 😊

Oh she is here and she is a stunner!

Byredo.jpg

Congratulations, @ChristalM !  It looks gorgeous!  Enjoy!  💖💖💖

Conversation Stats
Photos55
  • They tossed in 2 fragrance samples, yay!
  • 3 Colour Sticks on top, 2 Lipsticks on bottom.
  • My collection of full-size Byredo. I’ll dig up my purse sprays eventually
  • C3B43201-8C20-41E8-AE76-D791CDCFC81C.jpeg
  • 6875077E-C06E-4F31-80BF-9D90F140A44C.jpeg
  • A2809528-9200-433E-9913-A447B796A5DC.jpeg
  • I added Saie Mascara 101 and topped my lips with clear Glossier Lip Gloss.
  • At least you can't see the creasing when my eyes are open. :D
  • You can see Kumato starting to pool in my crease, and this was just 5-10 minutes after application.
  • Gold flecks are from the Vega Flash pencil.
  • Photo taken in warm bathroom lighting. LH's Vega Flash Crayon has a moderate gold shimmer that's hard to see here. Poppet is a Westman Atelier blush stick.
  • Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow.PNG
  • Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow 3.PNG
  • 4DD272C3-CE36-4290-89F9-C7868FA5A64F.jpeg
  • 9AE1A1ED-EDD7-4683-9B06-E49F9E56EBA5.jpeg
testing