Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Byredo Thread

Iโ€™ve really enjoyed Byredo perfumes for a while, but I recently picked up a couple of their lipsticks and wanted to share some swatches. If you are interested in Byredo products, please share your experiences and recommendations!
My collection of full-size Byredo. Iโ€™ll dig up my purse sprays eventuallyMy collection of full-size Byredo. Iโ€™ll dig up my purse sprays eventually

6875077E-C06E-4F31-80BF-9D90F140A44C.jpeg
The metal lipstick packaging is hefty and luxurious. The magnetic tops stay on securely.

C3B43201-8C20-41E8-AE76-D791CDCFC81C.jpegA2809528-9200-433E-9913-A447B796A5DC.jpeg

The swatches: Top: Red & Blue, a satin finish with cool undertones; Bottom: Red Armchair, a matte finish with warm undertones. They go on smoothly and feel comfortable on the lips but I havenโ€™t really taken them on a test drive yet. And yes, Iโ€™m obsessed with red lipsticks!

Re: Byredo Thread

Thanks @Titian06 I truly appreciate that. We all have different experiences obviously with products, ugh. I get it on the scent thing. Some of them are just a deal breaker. I canโ€™t handle Kilian and I love the shades. ๐Ÿ˜• Money will be better spent elsewhere for sure! I wish these were less! 

@Sunnysmom  Aw, too bad about the stickiness and lack of staying power. And the weird taste. You might've just saved me some money. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Part of me still wants to test one, but not for $50 if it has all those issues. 

@WinglessOne @Sunnysmom  Same. Now I am reconsidering and that is good ๐Ÿ™‚ I tend to buy lots of thing to "just try one" . All those "ones" add up!

So so true @ChristalM , they do! If you do see and try them please let me know your thoughts so I donโ€™t think Iโ€™m crazy. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ @WinglessOne 

Well I donโ€™t want to discourage you from trying just one @WinglessOne !๐Ÿ˜‚ There are def still positives that Iโ€™m hoping will eventually outweigh the others. Hoping. Lol. The taste and stickiness isnโ€™t terrible thatโ€™s for sure and the color is really pretty. I do think itโ€™ll prob stay quite well but it did blend out /faded a bit. I didnโ€™t apply too many coats bec I didnโ€™t want to risk any stickier but l suppose we could. Iโ€™m hoping the taste calms down too. Maybe I should have some coffee. ๐Ÿคฃ Keep you posted. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Oh she is here and she is a stunner!

Byredo.jpg

Congratulations, @ChristalM !  It looks gorgeous!  Enjoy!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

And here are some swatches. Sadly they are not very good and my camera is notByredo 1.jpgByredo 2.jpgByredo 3.jpg picking up the amazing shades differences ๐Ÿ˜ž

@ChristalM - Thanks for swatching...so pretty!  I really like the green just above the silver. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’š

@ChristalM ooh I really like that silver, green, and pink! Thank you for the swatches. 

Wow ๐Ÿคฉ @ChristalM! Some standouts in there! Youโ€™ll have so much fun for sure! 

@ChristalM, she is absolutely gorgeous! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Your pic of this beauty is the best Iโ€™ve seen! โ™ฅ๏ธ

You are going to have such fun putting together looks with these stunning shadows! Looking forward to hearing which is / are your favorites. 

Received the grey Fetes Noires palette - itโ€™s deep and moody cool. The black glitter topper at least shows up vs the one in Boots in the Snow , tho this one is chunky. Iโ€™m just not good at using those so that will be unused Iโ€™m afraid, unless some of you guys can give me advice on how to use them! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚ The other shades are very smooth . @LCResz @blackkitty2014 @itsfi @curlychiquita @Titian06 @Samtian @Ispend2much6 @ChristalM not sure who all may still be interested in these! ๐Ÿ˜Š

BEE6FC97-E2BC-4D85-A4AA-25384BBDF827.jpeg

1DDA9656-F09A-4D70-891B-C8F588646153.jpeg

@Sunnysmom, I like the sound of "moody cool." The swatches look lovely - the neutral to cooler leaning tones here are great. They look like they might lean too deep / dark for me so I'll live vicariously through you. Thanks for the tag.

This reminds me of an OLD, OLD Lancome palette I got one year. It was a quad with 4 very deep dark shades - basically dark grey/black, dark plum/black, dark blue/black and one other. The only think I have ever used it for was liner with a wet brush. Seems like this is good for a smoky eye or liner, but not as easy for every day, it seems! @Sunnysmom Thanks for the swatches! 

That sounds fun tho @sister13 ! ๐Ÿ’ž

@Sunnysmom It's a really interesting palette but I'm not sure what I'd do with it, either. I really stink at doing a smokey eye, to be honest.  I own the TOM FORD Eye Color Quad Eyeshadow Palette Double Indemnity palette and I absolutely love it, but I use it so much less than I should.

I know @curlychiquita I hear you. I love this TF one. I donโ€™t use it enough but sometimes. I think like this new Byredo I will be using it with light layers on top on nights or days when I just want a crazy/ smoky / messy look with little finesse. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚ Like when I want it to look like that slept in look I love and can seldom achieve! ๐Ÿคฃ @sister13 

@Sunnysmom thanks for the tag! Beautiful but those colours are not for me. I can't wait to see others looks with it though. I am sure it will be amazing for people with better skills than myself!

Itโ€™s def tricky @ChristalM and Iโ€™ll be watching for good ideas to temper it as well! It can be tho. I swatched it heavily too. 
@LCResz @Titian06 

@Sunnysmom Gorgeous! Canโ€™t wait to see what kind of looks youโ€™ll make ๐Ÿคฉ

Conversation Stats
Photos56
  • They tossed in 2 fragrance samples, yay!
  • 3 Colour Sticks on top, 2 Lipsticks on bottom.
  • My collection of full-size Byredo. Iโ€™ll dig up my purse sprays eventually
  • C3B43201-8C20-41E8-AE76-D791CDCFC81C.jpeg
  • 6875077E-C06E-4F31-80BF-9D90F140A44C.jpeg
  • A2809528-9200-433E-9913-A447B796A5DC.jpeg
  • I added Saie Mascara 101 and topped my lips withย clear Glossier Lip Gloss.
  • At least you can't see the creasing when my eyes are open. :D
  • You can see Kumato starting to pool in my crease, and this was just 5-10 minutes after application.
  • Gold flecks are from the Vega Flash pencil.
  • Photo taken in warm bathroom lighting. LH's Vega Flash Crayon has a moderate gold shimmer that's hard to see here. Poppet is a Westman Atelier blush stick.
  • Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow.PNG
  • Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow 3.PNG
  • 4DD272C3-CE36-4290-89F9-C7868FA5A64F.jpeg
  • 9AE1A1ED-EDD7-4683-9B06-E49F9E56EBA5.jpeg
testing