Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Byredo Thread

Iโ€™ve really enjoyed Byredo perfumes for a while, but I recently picked up a couple of their lipsticks and wanted to share some swatches. If you are interested in Byredo products, please share your experiences and recommendations!
My collection of full-size Byredo. Iโ€™ll dig up my purse sprays eventuallyMy collection of full-size Byredo. Iโ€™ll dig up my purse sprays eventually

6875077E-C06E-4F31-80BF-9D90F140A44C.jpeg
The metal lipstick packaging is hefty and luxurious. The magnetic tops stay on securely.

C3B43201-8C20-41E8-AE76-D791CDCFC81C.jpegA2809528-9200-433E-9913-A447B796A5DC.jpeg

The swatches: Top: Red & Blue, a satin finish with cool undertones; Bottom: Red Armchair, a matte finish with warm undertones. They go on smoothly and feel comfortable on the lips but I havenโ€™t really taken them on a test drive yet. And yes, Iโ€™m obsessed with red lipsticks!

Re: Byredo Thread

Thanks @curlychiquita ! Wow that pic looks ginormous ๐Ÿ˜ณ at least on my screen! Iโ€™d better make it smaller I think! Ugh lol 

Here is my swatch of the new eye palette. Iโ€™m so glad I tried it because swatches Iโ€™d seen looked so metallic sparkley and in real life itโ€™s more of a gorgeous very smooth shimmer. @itsfi the swatches you posted below look very true, thank you! ๐Ÿฅฐ Itโ€™s so good to find these smoky cool shades I think! The far left silver however is almost impossible to swatch no matter how hard I tried. Even to just press it in. Nope.  Itโ€™s part of that tiny white dot along the right! Lol  @blackkitty2014 yup get this ๐Ÿ˜‚@Ispend2much6 not sure if these are too dark for you or youโ€™d like em.!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

4DD272C3-CE36-4290-89F9-C7868FA5A64F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

9AE1A1ED-EDD7-4683-9B06-E49F9E56EBA5.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Sunnysmom Is this limited edition do you know? Every time I check online it's always sold out.

@Samtian @Sunnysmom << politely butting in >> 

The Metal Boots in the Snow palette is not limited edition. Samtian, if youโ€™re interested in picking up the palette, but donโ€™t mind going through a store other than Byredo direct, the palette is available online at Bloomingdaleโ€™s, Nordstrom, Bergdorf, Neiman Marcus, and Selfridges. ๐Ÿ›  << politely butting out now >> ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi Haha I don't even know if my state has any of those stores. Kidding, but really those are 4 hour drives away. Thank you for replying!!

Sorry @Samtian; I thought you might order it online but completely understandable if you want to see it in person first. 

@itsfi Hahaha oh man I'm sorry. I was confused for a second and then reread your original statement and seemed to have just skipped over where you said order online at those stores and thought you meant in person. ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Hahaha @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Yay,  thank you @itsfi ! Never ever a butt in!! ๐Ÿฅฐ  I didnโ€™t think so either but then I read that and doubted myself! ๐Ÿ˜† Drats and now Iโ€™m also still interested in the other grey LE palette! No no no. Telling myself it must be too metallic. Right?! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Update- Temptalia says it is LE but not sure where she sees that info. Lol.

Hmm ๐Ÿค” Iโ€™m not sure @Samtian . It says โ€œthe newest addition to the eyeshadow 5 collectionโ€ etc so Iโ€™m guessing not. Vs the Fetes Noire which does say LE.  By the way I also got the new red Mad Red lip and itโ€™s just truly gorgeous! Youโ€™d love I think! ๐Ÿค— 

@Sunnysmom ooh thank you! I'll have to look that up.

Itโ€™s seriously stunning for a deep jewel toned red @Samtian , Iโ€™m crazy about it already! That cool heavy case that is magnetized to stay shut too. Of course I immediately dropped it and dented it a little bit! ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Ugh lol. The scent/taste is a little bit like the old old old Gucci lips if you had any, which I never really loved (kind of chocolate I think it was but not in a great way ๐Ÿ˜•. Is that even possible ๐Ÿ˜‚). Itโ€™s a winner winner for sure. 

@blackkitty2014 

Byredo Mad RedByredo Mad Red61E88549-C465-4BAC-AAFD-60C0544C175F.jpeg

@Sunnysmom - That is a gorgeous red!  ๐Ÿ˜

Itโ€™s so very pretty and lasting too @Titian06 ! Perfect for holiday season! ๐Ÿ’„

@Sunnysmom Oh wow that is stunning! I actually don't own any Gucci ๐Ÿ˜– but that sounds interesting. I'd dent it the first day too.

๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ @Samtian I think I can trip on air much less drop everything too! ๐Ÿ˜†

Oh boy Iโ€™m in trouble again @Sunnysmom ๐Ÿ˜œ

Yup @blackkitty2014 you are! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜˜

Thank you for the swatches, @Sunnysmom!! I'm glad the formula is what you like!! I am also glad to know they aren't as metallic as all of the things I have seen so far. 

Me too @haleyvvvv ! I went back and forth and so glad I got it. Itโ€™s so nice. Fine line between shimmer and too much metallic at least in my world! 

@Sunnysmom, oh wow, these do look less metallic. Thank you for your swatches. Maybe itโ€™s time for a sibling for my other Byredo eyeshadow palette. ๐Ÿ˜† 

Conversation Stats
Photos56
  • They tossed in 2 fragrance samples, yay!
  • 3 Colour Sticks on top, 2 Lipsticks on bottom.
  • My collection of full-size Byredo. Iโ€™ll dig up my purse sprays eventually
  • C3B43201-8C20-41E8-AE76-D791CDCFC81C.jpeg
  • 6875077E-C06E-4F31-80BF-9D90F140A44C.jpeg
  • A2809528-9200-433E-9913-A447B796A5DC.jpeg
  • I added Saie Mascara 101 and topped my lips withย clear Glossier Lip Gloss.
  • At least you can't see the creasing when my eyes are open. :D
  • You can see Kumato starting to pool in my crease, and this was just 5-10 minutes after application.
  • Gold flecks are from the Vega Flash pencil.
  • Photo taken in warm bathroom lighting. LH's Vega Flash Crayon has a moderate gold shimmer that's hard to see here. Poppet is a Westman Atelier blush stick.
  • Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow.PNG
  • Byredo Metal Boots in the Snow 3.PNG
  • 4DD272C3-CE36-4290-89F9-C7868FA5A64F.jpeg
  • 9AE1A1ED-EDD7-4683-9B06-E49F9E56EBA5.jpeg
testing