Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: RE: Burberry Beauty Updates

Great catch, @lachaton!  It's important to reflect the contents accurately in each country. Re: the price difference, I thought these sold for $45 CDN last year...I could be wrong. Am hoping by Christmas the stronger Cdn dollar will be reflected in pricing (it lags the pricing when high and when low.)

TraceyEB wrote:

UPDATE: I noticed this morning that the Burberry Box on Sephora.com has been updated to show Light Glow in Dark Earthy No.11 (0.09 oz/ 2.7 g) instead of Pale Barley.  (If anyone is interested in Dark Eathy No 11 and would be willing to trade it for Pale Barley, let me know.) @lipstick4soul @Ispend2much6 @eastwaard @nellygirl

In a search last night, Net-A-Porter has a similar beauty box except it offers Military Red for the lipstick vs. Russet, which suits me better.

TraceyEB wrote:

UPDATE: I noticed this morning that the Burberry Box on Sephora.com has been updated to show Light Glow in Dark Earthy No.11 (0.09 oz/ 2.7 g) instead of Pale Barley.  (If anyone is interested in Dark Eathy No 11 and would be willing to trade it for Pale Barley, let me know.) @lipstick4soul @Ispend2much6 @eastwaard @nellygirl

In a search last night, Net-A-Porter has a similar beauty box except it offers Military Red for the lipstick vs. Russet, which suits me better

@TraceyEB This is so interesting. But this still doesn't fix it because now the Canadian product page shows the box as containing Dark Earthy. And still at $59 CAD. which I believe would be a terrible deal since it decreases the value with a mini Dark Earthy.

Plus, my box (in Canada) really did contain Pale Barley. So at the very least, the Canadian product page should be changed again to show that it includes Pale Barley instead of Dark Earthy.

Could one of the mods look into this since it appears that there's a Canadian box and a US box that are different? That would also explain the price difference if the US box contains a mini blush and the Canadian box has a FS eyeshadow.

@KatieBT @MaliBT 

I received my box yesterday and like @Ispend2much6, mine contained Dark Earthy blush and not the Pale Barley eyeshadow as listed. It was also different that previous boxes that I have gotten that instead of being in a sealed clear wrapper, it had a clear plastic sleeve with a picture of the contents on the back @blackkitty2014 @bonafide11

Thx you so much @lipstick4soul.  I saw somebody posted the review saying the same thing.  I will skip this year box then.

I received pale barley in the box last year. It truly is pale and I have to see how to get it to work for me lol. But I love the lipstick shade in the box this year! @lachaton

@jesscheems  Russet is so beautiful; it's an almost red on me, with a little brown to tone it down.

@lachaton  Are you in Canada? I just got my box (US) and it does indeed contain the blush Dark Earthy.  It might work as a bronzer also.  I'm sad about it because I can't stand that scent. 

Hi @eastwaard, Sephora has a pretty good return policy, especially if you find the items in the box are different than what's described on the box or  IN the box compared to what was described online. I contacted them yesterday and they are checking their stock and I've seen other complaints posted to the item's page. Let us know what you get. Enjoy your travels!

Thanks for confirming this, wish I would have stumbled upon your posts before ordering!  It's mindboggling Sephora would send out an email specifically promoting this yet make such a big mistake in listing this inaccurately for the US version and saying it included the eyeshadow. I ordered yesterday on that basis and feeling really annoyed as the blush wont suit me at all and I'm out of the US for while and so wont be able to return it.

That's so weird that they have a different box for US and Canada. Don't think that has happened with these boxes before. I already have 2 Pale Barleys (one from a previous box) so I think I'm set for years lol.

@lachaton  That explains it then. Smiley Happy

@Ispend2much6 That is surprising! Yes, I am in Canada. I didn't think they'd have one box for the US and one for Canada.

Ahh, this box looks so beautiful! Both the lipstick and eyeshadow are such flattering shades. But the price is a little high... I thought it was just because it's Burberry, but apparently it's going for $35 USD vs. $59 CAD... what price did you snag it for, @lachaton?

@concreteroads While I do wish it was cheaper, I picked it up for $59 because the value was there for me. I have basically stopped comparing USD to CAD with our dollar being so poor lately Smiley Wink instead, I just looked at the items and set itself.

I wish I could have gotten this! It's beautiful

@lachaton  Thank you for posting!  This is actually good news for me, since I'm probably the only person alive who doesn't have Pale Barley but already has Earthy and never uses it.  I think I'm in love with that lipstick...

Thanks for confirming @lachaton. This is disappointing, I was hoping it wouldn't be Pale Barley again Smiley Sad

Thank you @Ispend2much6! I just checked my collection and this blush is not a repeat of the blush that came in a previous Burberry Beauty Box, Cameo Blush No. 2 Light Glow. Yay! I'm so excited Smiley Very Happy 

@Mcakes  In the US the box contains the blush Dark Earthy, not Pale Barley.  At least mine did.

@Mcakes Thank you! I skipped that one fortunately for me. But yes, I really wish they'd provide more variety in these boxes! 

@lachaton I believe it was the one for Fall/Winter last year. I remember getting a few of these for client gifts. 

1,046 Replies