Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

I've been resisting purchase this blush. This one is totally justifiable. Let's see how long I am able to resist this. You look beautiful @lachaton

Thank you, @lachaton !

It's so very pretty on you! The whole look is beautiful!

The blush/swatch reminds me of something, but I can't quite pinpoint it... Hmmm... Gah! It's driving me nuts! 😄

@lyravega I figured out what it looks like - it's a glowier/silver sheened version of NARS Sin.

IMG_6890.JPG

IMG_6891.JPG

I wore one of my IT Cosmetics blush today (Sugar Plum) and the sheen and colour kind of reminded me of your swatch @Mochapj !

I'm thinking Sugar Plum is probably a tiny bit warmer (unless we get down to the very bottom of the ombre), but I don't think I'll need the Burberry.

4953DD25-2B2E-4372-808E-745CD3D9160B.jpg

Ohhhh That is gorgeous! @k617 - Just added to my Ulta favorites list!

@k617 I have Sugar Plum too! It certainly looks very close. Thanks for reminding me lol! I should just go shop my stash haha

@k617 oooh thats pretty! Was this LE coz I need this now and skip burberry!

@AnewxaI'm not sure! I ordered this from The Shopping Channel when I got my Dyson dryer... I don't know where else I can get IT Cosmetics in Canada!

Edit: Here!

Yay for enabling 😁 Thanks @k617! I forgot they carried IT cosmetics!

@Anewxa  @k617   Another option is Beautylish as they have free shipping over USD 35. 

Really hope Sephora start carry it on the North side of the border soon.

Right! I forgot Beautylish. Thanks SalBing!

Oooh that's pretty 😮

NOOOOOO

Sin is AWFUL on me 😞

@Mochapj thanks for the information! Money saved.

@Mochapj

Mochi, I have all three.  Well, I ordered Burberry last night, so should have that soon.

I am glad to see your swatches - they are all pretty similar in depth of colour.  I like Isadora a lot, although Sin isn't a favourite.   But I like the looks of the Burberry one, especially the sheen.  I am eager to try it.

@greenchilli Chilli, I think you will like it.

It seems well suited to medium+ skintones, with the plummy undertones it has 🙂

Thanks for the comparison @Mochapj! I really like the Burberry product itself--packaging is great but I will always use my products--perhaps getting Sin would be a good alternative to dealing with the horrible shipping arrangements from Burberry direct?

@k617 this was my first purchase from Burberry direct and it went smoothly but I was kind of surprised it shipped directly from the UK.

I picked it up mostly to check out something from the line as I haven't explored Burberry outside of the one lipstick I hated, since a lot of their products end up being scented 😞

That said, even though I can see a slight difference in the tones when swatched (silver sheen vs gold sheen in Sin) once I blend it in on my face the effect is the same, so I would say if you had a bad experience, Sin would be a fair compromise 😉

@Mochapj my issue with Burberry was that they require a signature and won't let me pick up at a UPS access point or the warehouse by the airport 😞 Basically, if I'm not at home to sign for it, it goes straight back to Burberry! No second chance.

I can't ship personal things to work and I can't place a burden of waiting for a shipment on my retired parents (who are the only people I know who'd be home during UPS delivery hours)

@k617 in my "feedback" I made mention that I know it's hard to fathom that their customers have to actually earn money to pay for things like a Burberry blush. Perish the thought.

Hahaha, no kidding @Libellules! We don't have time (or the money!) to sit around waiting for a shipment to arrive at home!

To buy or not too buy Smiley Tongue

1,078 Replies
testing