Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

@Mochapj This blush is beautiful!!! I wonder if it will be on Sephora website...🤔

@katkapivarci I got an email that it was live on Sephora this morning (for Canada, at least)

RE: Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

@katkapivarci it's already up on Sephora- just listed as coming soon! 😊

Mochapj wrote:

Ups just dropped off my blush palette

the actual shades are very similar when swatched, although on the face the new one is a lot warmer looking on me because of the golden shimmer

IMG_5359.JPG

IMG_5362.JPG

IMG_5373.JPG

IMG_5374.JPG

@Mochapj, thanks for the side by side. They do look quite similar; the gold does set it apart though. The design is just so pretty! 

@Mochapj, I couldn't reply direct to you. Sorry! That sucks that it was an overspray. It almost looks like th gold sits under the blush color. The design is very pretty though but in glad to know that I can pass on this. Thanks for reaching back out! 

@mrsbaine just to update, the gold was an overspray.  After swatching it once and applying it once, the overspray was completely gone and they basically do look the same on 😞

UGHHH this is so gorgeous!! I want a leather bag in this pattern/colour combo...complete with the gold, please. Or a shirt. Really, anything that I can wear besides on my face 😄

On another note, after your comment on IG I will never look at the S&B blush the same way again LOL

NOOO the Chanel ones are beautiful!! I went looking for them when you posted a few of yours together... then found out they were LE (should've known)

RE: Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

@k617 you can blame @Sprytely for that one - she's the one who told it to me 🤣 She's also responsible for ruining my Chanel tweed blushes - she thinks they look like hamburger meat LOL

RE: Burberry Beauty Updates

The new blush palette is up at Burberry direct. The photos there look quite different from Sephora and the palette looks different from the 2016 silk and bloom. I ordered it so I can try to post a comparison once it arrives.

Re: RE: Burberry Beauty Updates

Overspray alert! 😞 

Thanks @lachaton! It does look very different. Maybe a nude glowy blush (though that might just be an overspray)? It's definitely not as pink as I thought. 

😍😍😍 thanks for the head's up @lachaton

Aw thanks so much @playingdressup! I have rosacea so I know what you mean about the ruddy thing. Can't wait to track down earthy 🙂

Here is a comparison of Burberry Earthy Light Glow Blush (no 7) and the newish Dark Earthy (no 11). I didn't hear much about this when it came out, and couldn't find swatches online. Earthy is one of my favorite blushes of all time, so I felt the need to try it out. The formula is the same silky powder that can be worn sheer or built up for intensity. The color of dark earthy is less blush toned, more of a straight contour color. I really like it so far! I've been using it more than earthy during this spring/summer as a contour/bronzer. (Earthy I generally use as a blush/light contour)

Burberry Earthy Blush n7 (left), Dark Earthy n11 (right)Burberry Earthy Blush n7 (left), Dark Earthy n11 (right)

Thank you!  Earthy is my favourite contour and I'm still deciding if I should get the new darker one. The original Earthy can't be overdone on my NW20 face, I wonder if Dark Earthy will be too much on me.

Dark Earthy is a gorgeous contour shade, good for my NC25 skin. It looks extremely natural because its smooth texture just plays with the skin so well, and it's not very opaque. It has a touch of red in it though, and brings out the red in my skin so I have to be careful of using it over my hyperpigmentation. I just splash the color all over my cheekbones and it does well for contouring my face and keeping it looking alive. Definitely can figure as a contour + blush @blueviolet21

Thank you!!

Oooh thank you for posting it! I have always wanted to try Earthy and didn't even know there was a Dark Earthy. If forced to pick, which would you buy first?

Wow, good question! And tough, because I'm excited with my new toy, but I'd have to pick the original earthy. It was hard for me to find a natural blush that was mix of contour and rosy tones (my cheeks can be ruddy, and tend to turn any rose or pink blush to peach/orange). 

testing