Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

Rosewood and Pale Barley are gorgeous! 

Could someone please tell me if their products have a strong scent to them like Guerlain... THX 🙂

I have a bronzer, and it has a super strong, but very lovely odor to it. I can't really describe it well, and I'm sorry for that. I also have allergies, but this does not exacerbate that. I can smell this scent as soon as I open the bronzer, and I can even smell it on my skin after application, but it usually fades within minutes or a ½ hour max depending on the temperature. 

Oh good to know too! Thanks 🙂

Yes - but only a few.

The Burberry kisses lipstick don't have a scent, but the Velvet ones do.  A very waxy smell, like lipstick from the 80s.  And I find the smell a turnoff ...so much so that I didn't buy from th ebrand for several years.

Good to know! Thanks 🙂

I definitely recommend the eyeshadows, both in single and quad.W&D glow eyeshadow is very similar to Nars DI, I really love shell and nude. For powder eyeshadow, I have Rosewood and Pale Barley in old formula and midnight brown in new formula if anyone is interested in seeing the swatches.

I agree. I have all of the above in the new formula and love them. I also have almond and I love it.  

Hi Ivy, I want to see the swatches, pretty please 🙂

Done!

For those wanting to try Burberry products, here are my recommendtaions:

1. Foundation - Burberry Sheer Foundation

2. Burberry Illuminators

Nude Radiance - Pearly glow

Golden radiance - Golden glow

With my skintone I can use both.  I mix with a foundation and apply.

3. Kisses lipstick - get every shade that flatters you.  They are not sold as longwearing or any such thing.  These are creamy, hydrating even, but will fade when you eat.  Some colours are more pigmented than others.  The lipstick is not as opaque as other formulas.   Reapplication is easy and comfortable.

4.  Blushes - excellent!  I bought only one blush on a lark, and it is one of the best I own.  I have Blossom Blush.  I plan to get a couple more....maybe even today.  hmmm..

I have heard great things baout the eyeshadows.  I can't say I tried any because, well...I am not into eyes much.  But I have on good authority that the eye shadows (single ones) are worth it.

Thank you Greenchilli. I am excited to try the illuminators thats in the set till I can do the foundation match 😄

GC, I was just going to ask you about the Sheer Foundation since I remember you have oily skin and your mentioning this foundation a couple of times. How well does it last on your skin?  Are there any specific reasons why you like this foundation so? 🙂

I only have one Burberry eyeshadow -- Pale Barley -- and it's definitely one of my higher-quality eyeshadow; it's very finely-milled and gives the lid a very pretty, soft 3-dimensional sheen. Nothing in my collection is comparable so I think the $29 price tag is justifiable. Going to try Tea Rose next.

P.S. Did Estee Lauder discontinue the sheer foundation that you used to list in your MOTDs? I don't see it anymore.

I checked with another SA at another Nordstrom, Sheer Luminous Foundation is being replaced by the Fresh Glow one. She said Nordstrom should get it later this month, or early Sept.

I have to agree with you on the blushes, I have Pink Coral (i think) - crazy pigmented, but so beautiful!

I also recommend the Lip and Cheek Blooms - these have mixed reviews, but I love them! Poppy and Purple Tulip are my favorites. Purple Tulip looks great even on the lips with a plum liner 🙂

...ooh and the Eyebrow Definer! Very easy to use and hard to go overboard with (I don't fill in my brows daily). 

Ok, I'll stop now 🙂

If you could post (pretty pretty please!) a pic of just your lips/cheeks with the purple tulip applied.........that would be wonderful. Lol. I just realized that I don't have anything really great to offer you in return. I've only seen swatches of these on people with super pale lips, and mine are much darker than my skin tone would or should accommodate. I'm more like a Chanel 20-30 beige, but my lips swing from hot pink to mauvey purple. 

Spoiler
Burberry Purple Tulip

So I clearly suck at lip swatches 😄 I need a lot more practice!

This is Purple Tulip - over bare lips, no lip liner. And it look about 3 layers of product to get to this intensity. I always use this with Burberry's Bright Plum lip liner. 

Wow, it is really beautiful. Thank you so much for posting this!!!!!!!!!!! 

Pav, I just picked up Coral PInk today!  I already have Blossom Blush and it is the perfect everyday shade.

I will check out eyebrow definer sometime.

Awesome! I LOVE Blossom - tried it on so many times, but never gave in! I've set up an appointment with Burberry Beauty at a local Nordstrom for later this month, this one will be a definite buy 🙂

Burberry is on Sephora guys!!! 

Woman, you are single-handedly draining my bank account. Hahahahaha. 

testing