Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

I'm avoiding this thread. I didn't see nothing 🙂

I got "some" Burberry Kisses lipsticks at the Nordies 3X event.  I want to wear them all simultaneously tomorrow.  They are GORGEOUS! 

I have some late night work to do and head to the Nordies Trend Show early in the morning.  Will let you know if I have any Burberry news to share.

I got "some" eyeshadows from Burberry. The SA at Nordstrom is awesome, their store is out of wet & dry glow eyeshadow in nude for a long time, I have been waiting for it for a month. He eventually found one for me in another store, I was able to get one before it sells out again. 

This is Burberry cream blush in Tulip. I've only applied it once so not sure about the color yet. It seems sheer going on and buildable. I'll have to experiment with it a bit.

burberry-tulipblushswatchEDIT - Copy.jpg

I just got my new blushes! I have no idea how they will wear but so far amazing! The packaging is gorgeous- a heavy square glass container and texture really different than most cream blushes, it is more of a gel/powder. It seems to blend really well and quite pigmented in fair skin. 

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg.

Orange Blossom is beautiful. Just ordered it, can't wait to get it! I'm a sucker for coral and orange blushes

so I tried then orange blossom as a blush this morning and the peony on the lips. they go on really easy and blend well and the color is buildable. On the lips, it has a velvety slightly cushion-y texture and not at all dry. I was surprised actually. the color looks like a very sheer stain, but there is still a hint of it after 2-3 hours. It actually felt quite moist for over an hour, which I was really surprised by. Lipstick usually only last about 1.5 hours on me unless it is a long wearing formula, so I was really surprised. I think the darker color would work better on the lips, but I guess it would depend on your coloring and how pigmented your lips are. LOVE THESE!

what color blushes are these?

The pink one is Peony 05 and the coraly one is orange blossom 07

Thanks lipstick4soul. Poppy and Peony are on my list but I got Tulip to start off because it looked most unique. Would you say Peony is like a pinkish coral? Or is it more pink than anything else?

ETA: I haven't received my Tulip yet. Looks like it's due next week

I just looked at the colors again and Tulip looks gorgeous. I am going to be good and hold off. At least until I hear your thoughts on it, lol.

I would not describe it as a pinkish coral. I think it is more of a neutral fuschia- that is pink but not particularly cool or warm. I think of coral or pink coral as more warm. I know this blurry, but I think it is true to color except maybe a a bit darker than it appears in real life. I had my eye on tulip as well, look forward to hearing your thoughts. 

image.jpg 

Thanks lipstick4soul. I think right now I'll pass on the Peony because I have pinks that are like this already.

Glad the info helped! It isn't that unique a color but the formula is amazing, so I hope you really like Tulip! I have to say, I do actually prefer the Orange Blossom.

Good formula means everything! I'm switching from powder to cream blushes right now so someday I may end up with Peony anyway, assuming I like the Burberry formula.

Diwva, I just remembered that time you wore a barbie pink and I was so excited lol. That is all.

Have you tried it on your lips? Are they drying? The shades are GORGEOUS!

I hadn't even thought to try on my lips! Will see if it works. 

Ooh now those are pretty... 

Anonymous Insider

Eeeeeee Peony and orange blossom, they are soooo pretty!! Burberry really knows how to make luxurious-looking products. I am dying to know how it wears on the lips!!

There are also two new cream eyeshadows.

testing