Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

You had sample pots and threw them away?  That makes me a sad panda 😞   I live on samples until I can afford the full size of something lol

You're a smart shopper.  🙂

May I take a moment to profess my love for the wonder that is Bobbi Brown's lipstick in Brownie? Was wearing it yesterday at work, for the first time in a while, and was reminded of just how beautiful and polished it looks. A perfectly balanced pink-brown. Why don't I wear it more often?

(oh right, because I have 60+ lipsticks!) 

I just spent Birchbox points on Sandwash Pink.  I agree with you.  They are very wearable.

@Miradan I need to check it out.  Never wore that shade...

@meganlisa definitely give it a try! I feel like BB's regular lip colors are totally ignored/underrated (it's so hard to find decent swatches/ any swatches online) but it's actually a formula that works pretty well and has some good shades. Personally I love Brownie, Slopes, and Raisin (which I just bought my second tube of), I also wear Pink Mauve regularly. 

Agreed on the formula.  BB is great for polished and professional every day makeup.  In a pinch, many of their products are perfect.

I bought my first tube of raisin so, so long ago!

Edit: had someone else look at the code (it was REALLLLY hard to see) and saw a different letter, so while it was manufactured in 2014, it was later so I should be able to use it up. The lipstick they sent me for my gift expires in 2 months though, lol.

@RachM89 Complain.  Until they fix it.  So disappointing but BB can do something to make you happy.  Sorry to hear that.

@RachM89@meganlisa,

Ditto what meganlisa just said! You can return the mascara for a refund. Call their customer service and complain.  I talked to their Customer Service about a return today and they were very nice.  I wasn't even on hold!  See what they will do for you.  Tell them that you don't want to pay for return shipping. If you aren't satisfied, send it all back!   Get something that you do want!  🙂

IMG_0292.JPG

Ladies, my order of Bobbi's Party Pick from L&T does include the giant mascara lol 😉 @Ispend2much6, @RachM89

@blackkitty2014,

It's beautiful and I'm jealous! Good for you!  🙂

That set is just so beautiful!

Let us know how you like Opal glow and maybe how it is compared to bronze glow  ... I was contemplating on this ....tempting! Enjoy! !

I don't have bronze Glow but I have Sunset Glow, Afternoon Glow and Telluride Glow. I will try to swatch them 😉

I'm curious what shade Opal Glow is. I heard it is more glittery than previous BB highlighters. Thanks, @blackkitty2014 !

Sounds good! I know the three you have are that gelee-powder formula but I wonder if Opal glow is just the regular powder formula like bronze glow...

@jesscheems@TraceyEB, I haven't swatch it yet but it looks pink on the pan. It is not as pink as Sunset Glow but it def looks more pink than Afternoon Glow and Telluride. It does look liked the gelee formula though. I guess we know more when I start to play with it

Interesting! Will keep an eye out for your swatches, after you've had time to use it. Goodness knows I don't need another pink-hued highlighter. Ha!

Yes! score!!!

That is gigantic! lol

1,406 Replies
testing