Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

@TraceyEB I'm interested in swatch-ing the smokey nudes.  It piqued my interest at Macy's.   Unfortunately,  the SA made a beeline for me as soon as I touched it, and I just wanted to be left alone.

@greeneyedgirl107, that's too bad. Sometimes we just need some space to look at the products knowing a SA is there for questions/help if needed.

@TraceyEB I was there the next week and she dud virtually the same thing again when I was looking at lippies!

@Anonymous7, that's too bad. You might need to tell her how you like to shop the counter. I had to do that with staff at a new counter who came right to me the minute I swatched a product. I will reach out to them at other times, too, so it works both ways.

@TraceyEB good idea!

These pics make them all look super appealing @TraceyEB ! 💞

@Sunnysmom, I love campaign pictures!

One of the new Rosey Nudes Palette in Smokey Nudes. Very subtle and light tho blendable and they do build quite nicely too. These are multiple swatches.  I did think maybe it would be a little bit deeper or cooler but it’s good for daily easy wear. @TraceyEB did you or anyone else pick any of these up? EDIT- I may have this labeled incorrectly but on Nordstrom site it lists them all as Rosey Nudes with 3 different options of Bronze, Rosey and Smokey. Mine is the Smokey option. I didn’t look to see how BB had them listed so apologies if this is maybe incorrect. 😊 

Smokey NudesSmokey NudesIMG_7173.jpeg

@Sunnysmom, that's a gorgeous palette with very beautiful everyday shades. I hadn't heard of this collection until your post!! I really like these palettes. I have the Blushed Nudes from the earlier release and reach for it regularly.

It is @TraceyEB ! Very easy for every day. I found them on Nordies the other week and went whaa?! They just casually dropped them apparently! 

IMG_7225.jpeg

@Sunnysmom, usually BB launches show up in Asia first, but I haven't heard a hint about this collection anywhere.

I know @TraceyEB ! To quote an old fav movie- “it’s a mystery”! 

@Sunnysmom ,

These are beautiful shades in your BB Smokey Nudes Palette!  Thanks for the swatches!

Early 25% off Friends and Family discount using code EARLY25. If looking for the cream shadow stick duos, search for "cream shadow" and they'll come up in the results.

Screenshot_20230402-114754.png

@CookieGirl1 @Sunnysmom - I am loving the Bobbi Brown Skin Color Corrector & Brightening Concealer Stick Extra Light Bisque ! 🥰  I've used it twice now:  under my eyes, on a very angry pimple, my chin (red with broken capillaries), and nose (red).  I stand by my initial impression.  It's creamy and lightweight.  I used a narrow nylon brush to apply and a concealer brush to tap into place.  I set my under eyes with a NARS powder I picked up in the Rewards Bazar.

The corrector was not noticeable under my eyes or under my foundation.  I intentionally used different foundations both days.  I used a sample of Kosas Revealer Skin-Improving Foundation SPF25 with Hyaluronic Acid and Niacinamide and Dior Dior Forever Matte Skincare Foundation 0N Neutral .  It didn't dry, crack, separate, change colors, etc.  I think I'm going to get the concealer not so much because I need it, but out of curiosity.  The corrector is great--it did everything I use a concealer for, and it did it well!

Oh yay @Titian06 , I’m so glad you are liking this too! I agree with @TraceyEB , it’s become a desert island must for me! I like this formula better as well , (same with the concealer). It does not crease yet it gives just enough coverage . Terrific product. I bet you’ll like the concealer too! 💞

@Titian06, great to hear about your positive experience with BB's corrector. It's one of my desert island products. I've used them in liquid and cream formulations and this new whipped formula is the best one yet. I've long used BB concealers as well and they don't disappoint.

@TraceyEB - I've used a yellow color corrector for eons.  I couldn't believe this actually worked better than that.  My favorite concealer (Cover FX) was DC'd a year or two ago, so I'm thrilled to find something that I like so well--and before I ran out.  (Actually my favorite was a Dior that was DC'd; the Cover FX replaced that.  Hopefully I'm not a jinx! 🤞🍀🐎<--the whole horse, not just one horse shoe! 😄)

@Titian06, so glad to hear it is working better than your usual go-to concealer! I once had a BB MUA tell me not to buy too many of a favourite foundation that was being discontinued because I might like the new formulation even more. She was right. I've yet to find a colour corrector that works better for me than BB (I used a bisque shade). I've used concealer in other brands, like CT, PMG, and Tarte but BB remains my go-to.

Now available at retail partners like Sephora, Macy's, Ultra, and Nordstrom.

Swatches by BB Pro Artist Michele Shakeshaft. She has lots of good content about these cream shadow sticks on her IG page. (See her March 22 video post for making red eyeshadow wearable, featuring Rusted Pink/Cinnamon.)

I thought there were no new matte shades but it looks like Antique Rose is a new one. Antique Rose is one of my most reached for powder eyeshadows. Also, Golden Pink/Taupe is a repromote of their best selling shades.

Screenshot_20230401-133114.png

Launching: Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick Duos. The matte shade in each stick is from the regular line and paired with a new shimmer shade. Available now at BB direct, use code SARA15 for 15% off; available at Ulta April 1.

Screenshot_20230326-123543.png

Screenshot_20230326-123603.png

Screenshot_20230329-032434.png

testing