Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

Bobbi Brown Holiday 2021 has quietly launched at BB direct, with some items available, some launching soon (highlighting duos - sign up for notification), and some launching in time.

Promo Code: Sara15 for 15% off

Screenshot_20211003-184255~2.pngScreenshot_20211003-184323~2.png

I tried my new Luxe Defining lipstick in the violet vision, avant gardenia, and first edition.

They feel like regular luxe lipsticks with a little less slipery. Unscented. Very subdued shades when applied. These ran warm on me, even the violet. The avant gardenia gave a grayish cast on me but I know I'm weird like that.

It was nice to have the sharp point to apply it within my lip lines.

I didn't wear it long so I can't speak for how it will hold up but I suspect not super long as it feels like it applies lightly. Does not seem to contain a lot of product.

When I tried to wipe the swatches off of my hand, they left a little stain; that's a nice touch.

I give this a "nice" but not necessary and honestly overpriced.

Violet and First Edition are similar; I know, violet doesn't look very...violet.

Vioet Vision, Avant Gardenia, First EditionVioet Vision, Avant Gardenia, First Edition

Oh pretty @Ispend2much6 thanks for showing us! Interesting 🤔. My Nordies has them but no testers yet so I didn’t want to risk it. Colors look nice tho. Maybe a good hybrid liner/ lippie! 

Gilt City voucher offer.  A friendly reminder- if you use your voucher, DON'T select the options for the site's gwp offer, or it will invalidate your voucher.

I am going to try to make this my 'buy for the month' (because I seriously doubt I can do a no-buy; baby steps, right?)  I picked up the Luxe Defining Lipstick in Avant Gardenia, First Edition, and Violet Vision.

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 01-42-36 Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Up to $125 Off, Plus Free Gifts.png

@Guessgal  @Sunnysmom @WinglessOne   I saw your comments on the new releases thread; I think this would be a big help. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 I’ve looked into Gilt City over the years, but can’t recall why I never used it (possibly shipping fees/duties to Canada were too high). Anyway, thanks for tagging me 😁

Thanks for the tag @Ispend2much6 , I haven’t decided if I want to try one of the new lips yet. (Shocking I know!) Sometimes if it’s too thin of a bullet it ends up being more of a liner vs an all over color which I hope it isn’t. Will be good to see yours and hear what you think of them. 😊

I was shocked to see that Ulta has just gotten in a pretty nice amount of Bobbi Brown products!  Nice Platinum/Diamond gwp with $50- full size tinted lip balm and two small pots of some moisturizers.

The New Real Nudes Collection on BB direct + 15% off with code JULY15-MICHELE

Screenshot_20210701-202945.png

Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks (Top-Bottom): Bone, Shore, Cashew, Shell, CinnamonLong-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks (Top-Bottom): Bone, Shore, Cashew, Shell, Cinnamon

Screenshot_20210629-122540~2.png

NEW: Bobbi Brown Face and Cheek palette is filled with BB's Bronzing Powder, Illuminating Bronzing Powder and Blush in a trio of complementary, skin-warming shades.

Light Face & Cheek Palette includes:

- Bronzing Powder in Golden Light

- Blush in Nude Peach

- Illuminating Bronzer in Golden Pink

Medium Face & Cheek Palette includes:

- Bronzing Powder in Medium

- Blush in Tawny

- Illuminating Bronzer in Chelsea

Deep Face & Cheek Palette includes:

- Bronzing Powder in Deep

- Blush in Almond

- Illuminating Bronzer in Brooklyn Nights

Screenshot_20210702-222918.png

This BB collection is now at Look Fantastic US.  The brand listed on their website though if you Google for one of the products (I searched for Bobbi Brown Opal Moonstone), click on the link for Look Fantastic US and the rest of the products should be listed. They're offering a 10% off discount (or 15% for first orders) but yesterday, they offered a 22% late night discount for orders placed before 9 am EST.  I picked up both Luxe Eyeshadow singles. (Fyi to check your collections: Heat Ray is in the regular line and Opal Moonstone was in the 2019 Holiday Collection.)

Screenshot_20210613-113519.png

I wish I knew what the mystery gift was going to be, but still a great deal.

Ispend2much6_1-1623213707833.png

Ispend2much6_0-1623213603011.png

@Ispend2much6, years ago, I was disappointed by the mystery gift as it seemed to be a way to get rid of dated merchandise. Curious to know what the gift is anyone buys during this event.

@TraceyEB  I think I noticed that also.  But one time it was a full face kit- palette with eye shadows, blush, and mascara!  It's probably an eye shadow palette, judging by the value.

@Ispend2much6, I would be more inclined to make a purchase if the mystery gift were as generous as a full face kit! I think you're right about the mystery gift being an eyeshadow palette!!

Upcoming collection with two Highlighting Powder Duos in Pink Glow and Peach Glow and two Luxe Eye Shadows in Heat Ray (in regular line) and Opal Moonstone (from 2019 Holiday Collection).

Img_2021_05_23_14_34_15.jpegScreenshot_20210520-234227a.pngScreenshot_20210520-234159~2.pngScreenshot_20210521-000224~2.png

my favoute is red and dark brown for my dark skin.

Update May 7: Available now on BB direct!

The Glowing Pink Collection has launched in Asia and the UK. No timeline for US/Canada release. The collection includes: Pink Glow Luxe Eyeshadow Palette (3 new shades + existing Metal Rose), repromote of Pink Glow Highlighting Powder in regular and mini sizes, Pink Glow Face Highlighter (a liquid luminizer), and Bare Pink Extra Lip Tint. The Extra Lip Tint in Bare Raspberry in pink packaging may be an Asia exclusive product; the shade is available in the regular line. The UK also a Soothing Oil Cleanser in pink packaging.

Glowing Pink CollectionGlowing Pink Collection

@TraceyEB   I wish the eye palette was still available.  I should have ordered it when I saw it at Harrod's and ordering something else.

@Ispend2much6, it's a beautiful palette! I'll keep my eyes open for it as I don't think the launch was very broad (e.g. it hasn't come to Macy's that I'm aware of; they're usually the last to get new releases it seems).

Selfridges has the Bobbi Brown x Ni Ni collection, which includes the popular Luxe Eye Quad, a repromoted Pink Glow highlighter, and the new Luxe Definining Lipstick in the shade Terracotta.

nsmail.png

More newness on BB direct under the New tab: Real Nudes Collection, BB x Veronica Beard Luxe Lipsticks (Pink Buff and Sunset Orange, in regular line), Stroke of Luck Collection, and Luxe Glow Cheek and Lip Set (Pink Glow/Sunset Glow Highlighter Duo; Neutral Rose Luxe Lipstick). 15% off codes: Melanie15 and Feb15-Jaime.

Screenshot_20210205-115713.pngScreenshot_20210205-115411.pngScreenshot_20210205-115849.pngScreenshot_20210205-115531.png

testing