Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

@Sunnysmom @Ispend2much6 This thread is starting to kill me. Wearable and gorgeous.  I'm all in.  Now, what first?

This brand still crushes it for me. So many perfect neutrals.

I know me too @meganlisa @Ispend2much6. These are all so good! Not to mention the fact that the smoky palette is also wonderful. Great neutrals. And for good prices with large size pans also on all of them. Youโ€™ll use em and know you canโ€™t go wrong! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@meganlisa   I know, I know!  Would you like me to swatch the Couture Drama palette tomorrow?  I have to depend on one of my kids to photograph it for me and they're in bed right now. lol

I should swatch it anyway.

I swatched the Smashbox holiday set in the October hauls thread; those are super pretty and cheap- $39 for three palettes- 2x eye palettes and 1x face palette (that is just okay, but the eye ones are gorgeous.)

@Ispend2much6 If you have time to swatch the couture palette, I would love to see it.  This time of year gets so tempting, with the holiday specials and black friday coming up.  I wear my Bobbi Brown stuff constantly!

Did everyone get this email?  Quite a deal, especially if you can justify the purchases as Christmas presents. ๐Ÿ™‚  For you or someone else. ๐Ÿ™‚

20190415_BB_Sephora_Couture_Drama_Palette_Email_Launch_Product_02_NEW.jpg

Bobbi Brown Thread

I ordered the Golden Hour highlighter and was surprised to see that it has only 4g of product. The Rosy Glow highlighter in the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale set (that also included a mini Face Blender brush and lip gloss) also contains 4g. Bobbi's regular highlighters are 8g and past holiday highlighters have been 7g (Moon Glow) and 6g (each highlighter in the trio). Golden Hour retails for $50; highlighters in the regular line are $46. Even though I bought it at a discount, I'm likely returning it. Here's the comparison - both contain 4g. It should retail for $23 based on amount of product.

Isnโ€™t that odd and maddening @TraceyEB :(. 
I wouldnโ€™t keep it either. Did you also get any of the holiday shadows ? I got Smoke and Metals and Blue Storm palettes. Both very pretty. Really enjoying Smoke and Metals so far. Happy to swatch for anyone too. 

Swatches BB Luxe Jewel Lipsticks

(l-r; top to bottom): Rose Quartz, Ruby Slipper, Tahitian Pearl(l-r; top to bottom): Rose Quartz, Ruby Slipper, Tahitian Pearl

Bobbi Brown Holiday 2019 available NOW at Bobbi Brown direct.The Luxe Gems palette is coming soon. Saw two new products - Luxe Liquid Lip Lustre and Luxe Eyeliners. There are other makeup and skincare sets online. Gilt coupons for Bobbi Brown are still available. Tagging @meganlisa @Sunnysmom @Ispend2much6 

Image7160735058708550919.jpgImage8757860176219513900.jpg

Oh these look so pretty thanks @TraceyEB ! I spy some must haves and I forgot about my Gilt coupon. Excellent reminder! ๐Ÿ˜˜

@TraceyEB  love in the afternoon..yes!

BB is why I started loving makeup.  Still love.

@TraceyEB   Thank you!  I didn't see the new singles or eyeliner yesterday!

@Ispend2much6, Interesting! It didn't come out in the BB e-mail either. Hot off the presses!

Bobbi Brown Thread

Bobbi Brown Luxe Shine Intense in shades (left to right, & top to bottom) Claret, Passion Flower, and Desert Sun. The lipsticks give opaque coverage in two passes, are moisturizing, and shiny. Need to assess wear time and compare to the regular Luxe lipsticks. Am pleased with this purchase.

@TraceyEB Now that you've had these lippies for a while, how do you feel about them? It looks like she released some new shades recently, and I'm planning on picking up a few unless you don't think they're worth it. 

@tastelikewater, I quite like them, and have another shade or two on my wishlist. I reach for them as regularly and enjoy the moisturizing feeling and shine on the lips. What shades are you considering?

@TraceyEB I'm looking at Bold Honey and one of the coral-orange shades (Wild Poppy, Desert Sun, or Supernova) just because I don't have those shades in my collection, as well as the new shade Trailblazer because "neutral pink brown" is 100% my style. 

@tastelikewater, those are ncie shade choices! I'm curious to see Bold Honey and Wild Poppy. Yes to Trailblazer as neutral pink-brown is perfect shade for me, too!

Good choices @TraceyEB , all look lovely on you! They feel nice donโ€™t they. I think sometimes itโ€™s so nice to just put on a lip like this that feels so comfy! 

@TraceyEB  All three are gorgeous but Claret is giving me extra feels ๐Ÿ™‚ Lovely!

@TraceyEB ,

Wow!  These are all really pretty on you!

testing