Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Bobbi Brown Thread

The Bobbi Brown thread.  Bobbi Brown was the first brand that got me excited about makeup.  So I'll always have a soft spot for BB.  And now Sephora has the amazing 25 year year palette.

Note, the holiday lip shade is sold out on Nordstrom.  I'm going to be watching for it on Sephora's site.

bobbi.jpg

Re: Bobbi Brown Thread

@tastelikewater, I quite like them, and have another shade or two on my wishlist. I reach for them as regularly and enjoy the moisturizing feeling and shine on the lips. What shades are you considering?

@TraceyEB I'm looking at Bold Honey and one of the coral-orange shades (Wild Poppy, Desert Sun, or Supernova) just because I don't have those shades in my collection, as well as the new shade Trailblazer because "neutral pink brown" is 100% my style. 

@tastelikewater, those are ncie shade choices! I'm curious to see Bold Honey and Wild Poppy. Yes to Trailblazer as neutral pink-brown is perfect shade for me, too!

Good choices @TraceyEB , all look lovely on you! They feel nice don’t they. I think sometimes it’s so nice to just put on a lip like this that feels so comfy! 

@TraceyEB  All three are gorgeous but Claret is giving me extra feels 🙂 Lovely!

@TraceyEB ,

Wow!  These are all really pretty on you!

@TraceyEB   Thanks!  Looks like they are pretty adaptable to each person's lip color.  Now I definitely want Claret also!  How are they compared to BB's Nourishing Lip Color?

@Ispend2much6, the Nourishing Lip Color takes a few passes to become opaque, the finish is considerably shiny and glossy, and feels soothing on the lips. (I had a sore lip yesterday and removed the Luxe Shine Intense for a Nourishing Lip Color.) The Luxe Shine Intense is more immediately opaque and shiny (but not glossy). The Nourishing Lip might have a longer wear time as well. The biggest different is a glossy finish versus a shiny finish. I think they are more similar to the Luxe line than the Nourishing Lip line.  Claret was an accidental purchase and is quickly becoming a favourite. I've been using Bobbi's Art Sticks underneath the Luxe Shine Intense to extend wear time and, especially for Claret, to bring out either more brown or more red tone.

@TraceyEB   Thank you so much!  I agree; Claret looks lovely on you.  I have that one in the Nourishing formula so I was especially curious to see a swatch of that.

RE: Bobbi Brown Thread

@TraceyEB Lovely!!

Bobbi Brown Thread

BB Luxe Gems Eyeshadow Palette is available at Nordstrom online ($75 US). Below are the shades, formulas and swatches. There are four formulas: Rich Sparkle, Rich Metal, Rich Matte, and Multichrome, and two shade repromotes in Volcanic and Incandescent. Incandescent was previously released as a single in the Camo collection; it has a pink/gold shift that is gorgeous. The Rich Matte formula is new to me.

This isn't Bobbi Brown, but I know not everyone goes to the Deals thread so I thought I'd let you know that SpaceNK is having one heck of a sale right now; it just started this a.m.  Tons of Surratt; the single eye shadows are only $13.  Lip products, two blushes, eye liners.

A fair amount of  Chantecaille also.  Usually these sales are heavy in the skin care, but this one has a lot of makeup.

Good morning everyone!  And, it sure is. 🙂  Gilt City has $30 off of $80 and $125 purchases plus a free gift!  Vouchers are valid Sept. 9 through October 8 (maybe some of the holiday items will be available by then.)

@Ispend2much6, thanks for the post! I picked up the $30 o...

@Ispend2much6, thanks for the post! I picked up the $30 off $80. Hope there's tempting products to spend our voucher on!

Re: @Ispend2much6, thanks for the post! I picked up the $30 o...

@TraceyEB   Is there any doubt?  By October 8 there should be anyway.  No matter how much BB stuff I have, I always want more.

Re: @Ispend2much6, thanks for the post! I picked up the $30 o...

@Ispend2much6, me, too, and I all but raided my local BB counter before the dept store it was in closed. Many treats coming this Fall and for the holidays.

And the luxe shine intense lipstick is on the site (not just preorder).  

I was able to get both vouchers (so if someone wants one, let me know and when I get the code I will share).

@meganlisa   Yay!!!  I do want to try those; I have three shades in mind, but it may be smart to start with one in case I don't like the formula.

@Ispend2much6, that's exactly what I thought after I bought three!! 🙂🙃 Mine arrive on Friday.

@Ispend2much6 @meganlisa I just received my order for 2 of the new lips. They are nice and colors good. Remind me of a lighter formula Luxe lipstick. Not sure of staying power yet but very comfy. I got Red Stiletto and the dark one Night Moves is it? Red is cool toned and dark is deep purplish burgundy. Here is quick swatch. :).

DBE616F4-D385-4546-B32F-CFC683976C5B.jpeg

A852C329-FBE4-4515-8FD5-E7321370EFC0.jpeg

@Sunnysmom   Thanks for the swatches and reviews!  That makes it easier...er, harder...

testing