Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Top 3 hair masks

Inspired by the top 5 face masks thread, I ask for your top 3 hair masks!

Subcategories can include:

Best hair mask no one's heard of.

Hair mask heavenHair mask heaven

I'll go first:

1. CHRISTOPHE ROBIN - Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil

- it's got an aquired scent, but it is the bomb for shine and softness. Oh and the price tag. Just don't look at the price.

2. Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

-technically not a hair mask, but the bonds it creates it puts my damaged hair back together.  My hair has grown noticeably longer since using it!

3. Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL

-showing this little wonder some love. It's a close 3rd with a nice scent and it is effective.

@Weetart  @itsfi @Shosh85 @ShortErica @eshoe 

Tags:

Re: Top 3 hair masks

Spoiler

These are my current faves!

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL - hydrating, but doesn't weight my hair down 

AMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Mask Mini- makes my hair super soft

DEVACURL - Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask - if you like matcha cookies, treats, cake etc you will love this. It smells incredible. The scent lingers too!

Thank you for your love and support! 

@l8totheparty,

Love this! I am just about to finish my hair mask and I was looking to try another new one. I had to add a mask to my hair every other wash since my hair has been so fried from bleach. My top favorites so far are (I finished these as well):

Kiehl's Since 1851 Sunflower Color Preserving Deep Recovery Pak and the

Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak

Amika Soulfood Nourishing Mask Mini

https://www.sephora.com/product/nourishing-mask-mini-P426173?icid2=products%20grid:p426173:product

https://www.sephora.com/product/sunflower-color-preserving-deep-recovery-pak-P422508?icid2=products%...

https://www.sephora.com/product/olive-fruit-oil-deeply-repairative-hair-pak-P422505?icid2=products%2...

❤️ Melissa

Now that I've been growing my hair a lot longer, I've needed more masks for my ends. I used to use coconut oil but now that really doesn't cut it. So far, I like

1. OLAPLEX - No. 6. I got this as a gratis and really liked it. It really does help smooth out ends and makes the hair shafts feel stronger and softer. This has been a life saver. A little goes a long way.
  2. Lush R&B Moisturizer. This product smooths out my ends really nicely. My hair feels very soft and sleek after application. The scent is quite strong and long-lasting, though it's a pleasant jasmine.

Going to go through this thread and try some suggestions, thanks for starting the thread @l8totheparty  🙂

For overall hair maintenance I use Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL a couple times a month. I notice my hair begins those definition and breaks more  when I'm slacking on this.

To maintain hydration, soft stands, and smoothness, I love the Verb Hydrating Hair Treatment Mask 6.8 oz/ 201 mL.

When my hair is in need of strength and protein I use the VERB - Reset Repairing Mask. This is great at balancing out hair that is too soft and losing definition.

Ive been hunting luxurious hair products for as long as I can remember, with one of my earliest memories being the very first time I experienced conditioner as a little kid in the 70s. I loved how it made my tangled mess of hair a little less dreadful and how good it smelled. Anyway, my top three would probably be :

1. Kerastase Chronologiste Revatalizing Balm

2. Alterna Ten Hair Mask

3. Huile de Leonor Greyl (a pre shampoo oil, which Id consider a mask. also is the best product Ive come across to use after drying as a leave-in)

Having wavy/swavy hair I have been using the curly girl method now for about 6 years. My favorite hair masks are DEVACURL - Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Maskand DEVACURL - Heaven In Hair® Divine Deep Conditioner

Oh boy @l8totheparty I am probably the last person you want to ask about hair masks-I’ve yet to find one I’ve fallen in love with. My hair is fine and I don’t want to weigh it down, so most of the time I just use a leave-in conditioner and spritz it on my hair post-wash. 

For a real mask...hmmm do oils count? Because that’s what I use when I’m too lazy.

OUAI Rose Hair & Body Oil 3 oz/ 98.9 mLAMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Maskand Triple Rx.

As for hair oils I used to be all- oh no, I'm not putting oil in my hair it will make it greasy! But then I did and I didn't pour it on my roots and I quite like the hydration to the ends of my hair.  So soft! @eshoe 

Hey, @eshoe , sometimes hair oils are just what our hair needs, and some people just don't do hair masks 😊 

@l8totheparty,

I agree! Sometimes I just use a little bit of the Ghost Oil at night and use a mask once a week.

❤️ Melissa

@l8totheparty my top three are

Oribe moisture masque

Biolage Hydrasource mask

Macadamia Ultra Rich Moisture Masque

@SportyGirly125 Do you find that the Biolage Hydrasource Mask is significantly more moisturizing than the Hydrasource Conditioner?  I use the conditioner already and really like it 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 The mask is more hydrating than the conditioner and it’s thicker.  I haven’t used it ever since I switched to Oribe. 

@SportyGirly125 Thanks so much for the info!  🙂  Very helpful.

I haven't tried those!  I will check them out @SportyGirly125 

@l8totheparty The CHRISTOPHE ROBINRegenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil is one of my favorites too! I love the way it smells (almost like baby powder haha) and it's one of the very few hair masks that make my hair feel so soft afterwards!

43 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Hair mask heaven
testing