Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Top 3 hair masks

Inspired by the top 5 face masks thread, I ask for your top 3 hair masks!

Subcategories can include:

Best hair mask no one's heard of.

Hair mask heavenHair mask heaven

I'll go first:

1. CHRISTOPHE ROBIN - Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil

- it's got an aquired scent, but it is the bomb for shine and softness. Oh and the price tag. Just don't look at the price.

2. Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

-technically not a hair mask, but the bonds it creates it puts my damaged hair back together.  My hair has grown noticeably longer since using it!

3. Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL

-showing this little wonder some love. It's a close 3rd with a nice scent and it is effective.

@Weetart  @itsfi @Shosh85 @ShortErica @eshoe 

Tags:

Re: Top 3 hair masks

Omg!  I actually don't like how the Christophe Robin mask smells, @DaneeBT , but its soooooo good I can look past the smell!  I've seen other comments that it smells similar to baby powder. I find it smells closer to hair perm chemicals. LoL But I still use it and love the effects. I used it again today and I just can't get over how soft and shiny my hair is!! ❤❤

@l8totheparty  I don't blame you! If it smelled like hair perm chemicals to me, I probably wouldn't like it either but would continue to use it 😛 LOL

I’d feel weird answering this one, as some of you know I do work in the hair industry behind the scenes. 

Some of your choices are cool!! You’re right @l8totheparty about Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

not being a hair mask, it’s not a conditioner either. But it does do some magical internal repairs! 

Magic! @GG84 

And I do respect your wish to stay neutral.  😊

@l8totheparty I also have seen huge results with olaplex and have similar likes!

My favorite masks are:

CHRISTOPHE ROBIN - Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil

AMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Mask

Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment 8 oz/ 227 g

@CC3616 These are three of my favorite masks too!

Best,

Rebecca

That Living proof looks like something I might like   We do share some similar loves ❤ @CC3616 

@l8totheparty  So far my top 3 are

AMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Mask

DRYBAR - Mudslide Nourishing Hair Mask

and DPHUE - Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Masque

I quite like the soul food as well, but I'm trying to stay away from 'cones in my haircare. And apparently the DPHUE is not available on Sephora Canada  😲

@faeriegirl 

Love this thread @l8totheparty !  I'm super lazy with hair masks, but I've been wanting to try some.  My two faves have been discontinued, Ojon's Restorative Hair Treatment and Phyto's Phytonectar.  I have been looking at some new ones.  I have a sample of Briogeo I've yet to try, and I'm curious about Kérastase Discipline Smoothing Hair Mask for Frizzy Hair 6.8 oz/ 200 mL

and KéRASTASE - Discipline Mask for Curly Hair

Oh I hate when the loves are discontinued! @greeneyedgirl107 

I'll have to take a few notes from this thread as I haven't found a ton of hair masks that I've loved yet. That said, my absolute favorite is the EVA NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask. It leaves my hair silky and soft like no other! I have incredibly thick, coarse hair and it's one of the few that really seems to tame it. 

Tame the beast that is the hair!  

My hair is getting courser as I age, and has been frizzy, and I found the top 2 masks on my list have saved my hair by making it soft and less frizzy. Briogeo is a close runner up that I work in because that CR is expensive.  I'm always on the hunt for others. 

@quspork 

Great thread! 😄

1. Plain ol' coconut oil. It's cheap, it's effective. Can't beat it. 😛

2. Redken's Extreme Strength Builder Plus - This stuff worked wonders on my heavily highlighted hair. It made it so soft. Unfortunately, I think it may have been discontinued.

3. Moroccanoil's Restorative hair mask - Made my hair feel great, although it weighed my hair down slightly. It also smelled really nice. The only thing it wasn't great at was detangling.
https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/res-torative-hair-mask-P427311?icid2=products%20grid:p427311

I hate it when an item that you love has been discontinued!

Thanks for the specifics on the Morrocanoil restorative mask. Sometimes a person is looking for just that specific help.

@Asche 

I agree 100% with the comments about the Moroccanoil Restorative mask.  For me, it works better as a pre-shampoo treatment on dry hair.  About three years ago, Sephora had a Sephora Favorites mask collection (please offer this again, Sephora!).  Among the masks in that kit, I liked Ouai,  Gloss Moderene (no longer available at Sephora), Phyto (also no longer available at Sephora), and Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask.

@l8totheparty Haha! I just listed my top 3 in the masking thread and was just about to go back and tag you! 😂

My top 3 are;

• Garnier Fructis Damage Repairing with Papaya

• Amika Triple RX

• Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair

Second this list @Shosh85 @l8totheparty! 💗💕

Would this list still stand for you, @itsfi ?

A bit too early to tell but the new BRIOGEO - Don't Despair, Repair!™ Honey Moisture Deep Conditioning Mask may eek out its sister hair mask Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL. Or maybe we’ll call it a tie. @l8totheparty 

@itsfi You're really selling me that Honey mask! 🍯🐻

43 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Hair mask heaven
testing