Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Top 3 hair masks

Inspired by the top 5 face masks thread, I ask for your top 3 hair masks!

Subcategories can include:

Best hair mask no one's heard of.

Hair mask heavenHair mask heaven

I'll go first:

1. CHRISTOPHE ROBIN - Regenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil

- it's got an aquired scent, but it is the bomb for shine and softness. Oh and the price tag. Just don't look at the price.

2. Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

-technically not a hair mask, but the bonds it creates it puts my damaged hair back together.  My hair has grown noticeably longer since using it!

3. Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL

-showing this little wonder some love. It's a close 3rd with a nice scent and it is effective.

@Weetart  @itsfi @Shosh85 @ShortErica @eshoe 

Tags:

Re: Top 3 hair masks

Spoiler

These are my current faves!

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mL - hydrating, but doesn't weight my hair down 

AMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Mask Mini- makes my hair super soft

DEVACURL - Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask - if you like matcha cookies, treats, cake etc you will love this. It smells incredible. The scent lingers too!

Thank you for your love and support! 

@l8totheparty,

Love this! I am just about to finish my hair mask and I was looking to try another new one. I had to add a mask to my hair every other wash since my hair has been so fried from bleach. My top favorites so far are (I finished these as well):

Kiehl's Since 1851 Sunflower Color Preserving Deep Recovery Pak and the

Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak

Amika Soulfood Nourishing Mask Mini

https://www.sephora.com/product/nourishing-mask-mini-P426173?icid2=products%20grid:p426173:product

https://www.sephora.com/product/sunflower-color-preserving-deep-recovery-pak-P422508?icid2=products%...

https://www.sephora.com/product/olive-fruit-oil-deeply-repairative-hair-pak-P422505?icid2=products%2...

❤️ Melissa

Now that I've been growing my hair a lot longer, I've needed more masks for my ends. I used to use coconut oil but now that really doesn't cut it. So far, I like

1. OLAPLEX - No. 6. I got this as a gratis and really liked it. It really does help smooth out ends and makes the hair shafts feel stronger and softer. This has been a life saver. A little goes a long way.
  2. Lush R&B Moisturizer. This product smooths out my ends really nicely. My hair feels very soft and sleek after application. The scent is quite strong and long-lasting, though it's a pleasant jasmine.

Going to go through this thread and try some suggestions, thanks for starting the thread @l8totheparty  🙂

For overall hair maintenance I use Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL a couple times a month. I notice my hair begins those definition and breaks more  when I'm slacking on this.

To maintain hydration, soft stands, and smoothness, I love the Verb Hydrating Hair Treatment Mask 6.8 oz/ 201 mL.

When my hair is in need of strength and protein I use the VERB - Reset Repairing Mask. This is great at balancing out hair that is too soft and losing definition.

Ive been hunting luxurious hair products for as long as I can remember, with one of my earliest memories being the very first time I experienced conditioner as a little kid in the 70s. I loved how it made my tangled mess of hair a little less dreadful and how good it smelled. Anyway, my top three would probably be :

1. Kerastase Chronologiste Revatalizing Balm

2. Alterna Ten Hair Mask

3. Huile de Leonor Greyl (a pre shampoo oil, which Id consider a mask. also is the best product Ive come across to use after drying as a leave-in)

Having wavy/swavy hair I have been using the curly girl method now for about 6 years. My favorite hair masks are DEVACURL - Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Maskand DEVACURL - Heaven In Hair® Divine Deep Conditioner

Oh boy @l8totheparty I am probably the last person you want to ask about hair masks-I’ve yet to find one I’ve fallen in love with. My hair is fine and I don’t want to weigh it down, so most of the time I just use a leave-in conditioner and spritz it on my hair post-wash. 

For a real mask...hmmm do oils count? Because that’s what I use when I’m too lazy.

OUAI Rose Hair & Body Oil 3 oz/ 98.9 mLAMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Maskand Triple Rx.

As for hair oils I used to be all- oh no, I'm not putting oil in my hair it will make it greasy! But then I did and I didn't pour it on my roots and I quite like the hydration to the ends of my hair.  So soft! @eshoe 

Hey, @eshoe , sometimes hair oils are just what our hair needs, and some people just don't do hair masks 😊 

@l8totheparty,

I agree! Sometimes I just use a little bit of the Ghost Oil at night and use a mask once a week.

❤️ Melissa

@l8totheparty my top three are

Oribe moisture masque

Biolage Hydrasource mask

Macadamia Ultra Rich Moisture Masque

@SportyGirly125 Do you find that the Biolage Hydrasource Mask is significantly more moisturizing than the Hydrasource Conditioner?  I use the conditioner already and really like it 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 The mask is more hydrating than the conditioner and it’s thicker.  I haven’t used it ever since I switched to Oribe. 

@SportyGirly125 Thanks so much for the info!  🙂  Very helpful.

I haven't tried those!  I will check them out @SportyGirly125 

@l8totheparty The CHRISTOPHE ROBINRegenerating Mask with Rare Prickly Pear Seed Oil is one of my favorites too! I love the way it smells (almost like baby powder haha) and it's one of the very few hair masks that make my hair feel so soft afterwards!

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Hair mask heaven
testing