Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

THE HAIR THREAD

a thread to talk about your hair goals / experiments / fails / wins / products etc. consider this a RANDOM THOUGHTS: HAIR thread 🙂

when i joined BT years ago, i was at the beginning phases of growing out a shaved head, after a decade of cropped pixie cuts and avant garde styles as well as defying my natural texture. my hair is past my shoulders now, and am fully immersed in this world of hair care and styling that i had been absent from for so long. 

this thread can be about anything. thoughts, questions, anecdotes that you feel like sharing but for whatever reason don't want to start an independent thread about. cheers !

Re: THE HAIR THREAD

Hey! So I initially posted here a few minutes ago about keratin treatments but I didn't realize how long I blathered on 😘

So I made an independent thread. Please check it out!

Thanks 🙂

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Hair/Can-we-talk-keratin/td-p/2823070

I am currently annoyed with my hair. At first I thought I had dandruff and tried everything. Seriously I did. And now turns out , it's just product build up.

I am using Morroccanoil shampoo and it cleared it up somewhat, not a lot.

But ok here I go TMI, I have to like scratch off the little bits that it leaves, because not all of is comes out. Once I do, I am good to go for a week.

So annoyed but since this shampoo worked somewhat I am still looking for a stronger shampoo that clears up and the salons by me suck. The one I loved closed down. 😞

Yeah, ugh.

If it's just the buildup then get a bottle of apple cider...

If it's just the buildup then get a bottle of apple cider vinegar from a grocery store and use it as a conditioner for a few times.

RE: Re: THE HAIR THREAD

Devacurl has a deep cleanse serum that is made specifically to remove product buildup and you don't have to be a curly girl to use it! Briogeo has a great detox scrub that will help and IGK is coming out with a hair exfoliant as well. Any of those products would be wonderful for you in reducing that buildup.

Do an apple cider vinegar rinse or use a clarifying shampoo, like Frederic Fekkai apple cider shampoo, Christophe Robin cleansing purifying scrub, or one of the Paul Mitchell clarifying shampoos.

Bumble and Bumble Sunday shampoo might be worth a try. Or maybe a scalp scrub?

Bump...

Between my recent two hair trims, I think I lost 6 inches.  Not on purpose.

Don't mind me as I weep.

@itscarin

I do have (had) long hair.  Some noticed, most haven't.  My hair was wait length.....now it mid  back.  I don't look very different honestly, but I am so aware.  It just isn't me.

No cuts until January.

@greenchilliThe good news is if you're hair is long, losing 6" isn't that much of an injustice.  It's still long!  I know how you feel though.  That almost happened to me the last time I got my haircut. 

New hairdresser?

For this reason I barely ever get m hair cut!  When this has happened to me, I reassure myself that (a) it grows back and (b) no one else notices like we do!  But it's not much help, sorry!!

oh no @greenchilli i know how much you treasure your incredddddddible hair. i have no doubt it'll grow back better than ever before ya know it ❤️

I just got the #3 Olaplex Take Home treatment and used it yesterday, and oh my goodness, that stuff is magical. My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it, and it is pretty dry from being bleached and colored, but even after one use this stuff has made an amazing change in my hair. I just thought I'd share my rave here in case anyone has been curious about trying it. The hype is real, y'all.

@killersandliars -- I too fell in love with #3 Olaplex!  The first time I used it I thought it was a miracle.

It's not a miracle after that though. The first time is the most change you'll see and subsequent uses are for maintenance or something.

Let me know if it's just me or you see constant improvement.  

I do think @starsandbucks should try it though.

I'm currently growing out my hair out to be all my natural color.  I don't have too much longer to go! It is about halfway (or slightly more) grown out from the balayage/ombre I had done last August, yay!

I gotta say too though, I swear these Perricone hair&body pills are doing me wonders.  I started taking them about a month ago and holy crap, my hair and nails!!! ALL HAIR!!!! LOL! I waxed my underarms and a week later they were full of hair again?!?!? And my nails have grown out a lot in the past week (I currently have some fun acrylics on). Maybe I'm just at some crazy growth period in my cycle but I feel like these vitamins are helping! They should be, since I take 8 per day in those packets!

@sabrinas I'm also trying to grow out my hair to its natural jet black with greys! Have been wanting to have my hair cut to donate to the cancer foundation, but hair needs to be at least 8 inches when cut and not chemically processed. The last time I rocked a full head of my natural hair was probably when I was 13 or 14! 

I took Biotin for a few years, and my hair and nails grew like weeds 🙂 I stopped taking them a few years ago, but since eating a (much) better diet, I'm seeing similar results too! I want to say I'm supplement adverse (us North Americans have very expensive pee!) but realistically, I'm just lazy and I forget easily. A balanced diet gives me the same effect; no pills required.  

My hair grows about an inch a month and I have to cut my nails once every month or they get too long (I like a white nail line of 1-2 mm, otherwise all sorts of things get stuck in them :() I had 3-4 inches taken off in May and already it's getting back to the length pre-cut

I think Biotin supplements are definitely a great way for grow thicker, stronger and longer nails and hair... especially for those with naturally thin and weak nails & hair!

@sabrinas those sorts of pills definitely work ! my mom has been taking the PHYTO ones and swears by them.

@jemly After reading these posts I considered getting hair pills but the cost kind of put me off.  Do you know of an inexpensive brand from Target or GNC that would be as good?

@greeneyedgirl107 maybe try some biotin supplements ? taken with an omega3 supplement ?

@jemly Will put it on the to-do list - thanks!

@greeneyedgirl107 I've bought generic brand Biotin and they worked for me. I don't think you necessarily need to find a $$$ brand--in the end, they are all just vitamins and supplements 🙂

I took fish oil for omega 3 (for health, not for hair) and bought the GNC brand. I initially took some fancy lemon flavoured stuff sold by my naturopath's office, but at $55 a jar, I was able to get two bottles of the same "strength" in GNC's Triple Strength Fish Oil.

446 Replies
testing