Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

THE HAIR THREAD

a thread to talk about your hair goals / experiments / fails / wins / products etc. consider this a RANDOM THOUGHTS: HAIR thread 🙂

when i joined BT years ago, i was at the beginning phases of growing out a shaved head, after a decade of cropped pixie cuts and avant garde styles as well as defying my natural texture. my hair is past my shoulders now, and am fully immersed in this world of hair care and styling that i had been absent from for so long. 

this thread can be about anything. thoughts, questions, anecdotes that you feel like sharing but for whatever reason don't want to start an independent thread about. cheers !

Re: THE HAIR THREAD

I agree! 🙂

You would look so good with the ultra short boyish cut, @Mochapj. I would love to see that on you.

@Mochapj

Do eeeiiitttt!!!!

I love watching these hair transformations! A short pixie would be adorable! I say do it! Can't wait to see the new color. 

whatever you do is gonna be magic.

I still think you should go for the Mia Farrow look!!

I would LOOOOOOVE to see Mocha Farrow!

Jem I remember your bleached pixie, that's how I "met" you!

I have a lot to say about hair since I have a ton of it. I guess I can start off with a mini hair timeline. If you've been around the boards long enough, you've likely seen my short hair phase and my colors phase.

Spoiler
Colors:
tumblr_ly22g4Etbp1qztdvno1_500.jpg
Burgundy.jpgMagenta.jpgFadedpurple.jpg
red2.jpg

Aaand here is when I chopped a bunch of it off (I've done this a couple times):

beforeafter.jpg

I didn't have any sort of ombre here^^, the color change was just leftover damage from the previous bleaching

So my hair is naturally thick and wavy, and therefore really loves moisturizing products. My favorite as of now is Davines Oi Milk as a leave in. In lieu of traditional conditioner, I only use a deep conditioner on my hair, otherwise my hair tends to get SUPER frizzy and poofy. I don't like to use heat on my hair and cut it maybe once a year!

I'm always on the lookout for new products so I'll be following this thread.

Thank you Jem Heart

ETA: Current hair. Long (chesticle length in front, waist length in back), black-brown with some reddish highlights in the sun, long layers that have grown out.

IMG_8313.JPG

(in pigtails because I'm lazy)

@malday you have gorgeous hair! i love it long, and the shoulder length cut too! the red suits you well, and your natural color is soooo pretty.

@malday does your dreamy hair grow out extra fast ?

It does! That's part of the reason I won't dye it anymore - I'd have 1" black roots by the end of the month lol

@malday hair forever. ♥__♥

@malday you have dream-worthy hair. Beautiful! 

your hair is extraordinary @malday

Hair!

Ive been vivids-obsessed for the past 9 months or so. Also trying to embrace my curls. I just feel like I constantly look unkempt though (frizzy and perhaps not the right cut for me?).

Here's a better hair day (though more wavy than curly), which I feel are few and far between.

Spoiler
IMG_9931.JPG

I've been enjoying Cristophe Robin and DevaCurl products lately.

@Sprytely - I have a deluxe sample of DevaCurl Whip It.  It brings out my curls and keeps the frizz in check.  IGK Rich Kids does the same thing.  I got the deluxe sample first, so bought the full size like a week or two before I got the DevaCurl.

I love your glasses!

What lipstick are you wearing...it is right up my alley.

Thanks, @Titian06!

Unfortunately I can't remember what I was wearing that day, sorry!

Oh hey, girl. You look good. ;3

And I agree with @greenchilli: You never look unkempt that I have seen. 

😉

That purple is P H E N O M E N A L.

How hard is it to maintain?

@TopazBeth: I'm actually trying to not maintain it because I wanted blue but my hairdresser couldn't get the pink from my last color all the way out so we ended up going with mostly purple instead.

That said, the more pink maintained very well (better than I want?) with just making sure I used cold water to wash and not washing my hair more than once or twice a week.

Heres what that looked like:

IMG_8929.JPG

6 Replies
testing