cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Pocket Hairstylist Challenge!

Hair Challenge Thread Image.jpg

Pocket Hairstylist is HERE and making its big debut on the Sephora App and at http://hairtutorial.sephora.com/ ! If you haven’t heard, Pocket Hairstylist is a step-by-step guide to creating different hairstyles specific to your hair type.

Because experimenting with new hairstyles can be tricky but oh-so worth it once you’ve completed your masterpiece, I thought it would be fun to attempt some of these looks with a new challenge! (or all of the looks, up to you!) Welcome to the Pocket Hairstylist Challenge!

Each week for the next month I’ll try a different look (see spoiler), snap a picture (or three!) and share to this thread. I hope you guys will join me! Feel free to mention any product or tools used, your hair type and any tips you have for achieving the look.

Spoiler

Here’s the schedule:

9/14 – 9/20: Beachy Waves

9/21 – 9/27: Fishtail

9/28 – 10/4: Air Dry Style

10/5 – 10/12: Top Knot

I left out Dutch Braids (I’m scared lol) but if you try it out show it off!

Re: Pocket Hairstylist Challenge!

Your braid looks really cute both ways! I was surprised at how easy it was too. And your skin is just glowing....you look amazing!

Thank you so much! Almost thought it was too much highlighter but remembered there's no such thing 😉 

Okay you've piqued my curiosity.  I need to try.  Given how frequently I workout this seems like a great everyday hair style if I can pull it off.

Definitely give it a try @kelloua! I promise it's easier than it looks 🙂 

Your braid looks amazing! 

Thank you @jesscheems 😄

I love your braid and your "Yes! I did it" smile 🙂

heehee thanks @fatimamummy 🙂 

@StephaniLynn @Tamara76 @veronika23 thank you all!! 

Your fishtail is amazing!<3

Your fishtail braid is so cute!

Very pretty @KatieBT!!!  I'm gonna have to try that one too when my hair gets a bit longer. 

Gosh, all your photos are making me jealous.  All I can do with my short, fine hair is put it up or straighten it.  Everything else I try is a hot mess!

@KatieBT  It's been a super hectic week but I finally got my beachy hair the way I wanted it. 

My first attempt didn't work out. In fact, it fell flat.... literally! So, I gave it another go and it worked the second time. 🙂

Background Info: I have super straight hair. So straight that I can get away with not blow drying or brushing it for days and it doesn't tangle. It's absurdly manageable but also frustrating because creating and maintaining waves or curly hair is a challenge. 

Steps: I washed my hair with Drybar's Texas Tea Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I then let my hair air dry for a bit without brushing it. Once it was half dry, but still damp, I spritzed it with Drybar's Mai Tai Spritzer Sea Salt Spray from the bottom up and scrunched parts of my hair so that it held. I then let it air dry some more and parted my hair down the middle. From there, I sectioned off hair and created four braids and spritzed them with more of Drybar's Mai Tai Spritzer Sea Salt Spray. I also sprayed a small amount of Redken Hairspray.

I slept on my braided hair and unraveled the braids the following morning and then twisted them into mini buns to add some more volume and waves. I added more hairspray and waited for about 30 minutes before releasing the waves!

I finally achieved the desired wavy look! I'm happy with the results and was surprised it held throughout the day, well into the evening.

Final look:

Spoiler
HairChallengeWavesBT.jpg

@trishavt You look beautiful!! I have the total opposite hair type, I have to blow out my hair every time I was because it will be a frizz ball LOL but I love the way yours came out!  I have a lot of Drybar products but I dont have Mai Tai so I think I will try that, I hear such good things about it.  😄

I love it! You really remind me of Sarah Shahi in this pic! 🙂

Wow, she is super gorgeous! Thank you for that comparison and compliment 🙂 @veronika23

So are you! 🙂 You are welcome!

You and your hair are gorgeous @trishavt! 😍

Aww, thank you so much for your kind words @Anewxa! That is so sweet. 

Your hair is gorgeous @trishavt! I can't believe it looks that good without heat!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • Hair Challenge Thread Image.jpg
  • Beachy Waves.jpg
  • 20160915_092312.jpg
  • HairChallengeWavesBT.jpg
  • Pock Hairstylist_Fishtail_2.jpg
  • image.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20160926-143304.jpg
  • 20160926_164442-1.jpg
  • Week 3_Air Dry Style.jpg