Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Hair routine for Dry frizzy heat damaged hair wavy thick hair

Hello! I have been trying out many new products and I’m trying to have my hair be soft and not frizzy. I’ve tried the ouai thick hair shampoo and conditioner for a few months but it left my hair more dry and frizzy. I tried the pureology hydrate shampoo and conditioner but the shampoo irritated my dry itchy scalp but the conditioner was good. I tried the new neccessaire shampoo and conditioner but the shampoo left the top of my hair to feel plastic like and the conditioner wasn’t hydrating enough. Now I have been trying the gisou shampoo  and conditioner but I don’t know if it’s really doing anything for my hair concerns. I also have ses the aveda scalp shampoo and it is good for my scalp, so I am looking for a conditioner for dryness and damage and frizz to use with it. I also have used the gisou hair mask and the amika soul food mask and the amika flash mask. After I wash my hair I use the aveda botanical repair leave in treatment, the Jvn milk blowout serum, the sol janerio leave in conditioner and the aveda botanical repair hair serum. Then I use the dyson air wrap to blow dry and curl my hair then I put the Jvn hair oil on my ends but the dyson had been causing my hair to be frizzy when styling it and I don’t know how to fix that. Then when I wake up in the morning I use the gisou heat protectant and the ghd straightener to fox my curls and style my hair better from the dyson air wrap. Then I use the living proof frizz spray and the gisou hair oil. I had also tried the color wow spray but it left a dried soda feeling on my hair and it didn’t help with anything. And I also tried the gisou primer and it left a dried soda feeling on my hair also but it helped with frizz but I want my hair  to be soft to the touch. So that is my hair routine and what I have tried, what are your suggestions of what I should use or stick with? Thanks !  I have medium-thick hair and wavy hair. 

Re: Hair routine for Dry frizzy heat damaged hair wavy thick hair

Everyone is giving great advice and recommendations! I’m going to a take a slightly different approach, I have definitely been there!
One thing to consider that isn’t product related is how is your shower water? If you suffer from really hard water like I do it won’t really matter how much or what type of product you have, we had to start using more water softener until we found a good balance that wasn’t dying out my skin or hair as much. If you have a lot of minerals or heavily treated water you might want to consider getting a water filter/purifier on your shower head. Also if your scalp and hair are full of product it could also be helpful to use a detoxing/stripping shampoo or scalp scrub and help removes excess product build up. 
Just a couple thoughts incase it’s from your water source 😊

@kyralentz I use John Frieda frizz ease extra strength and ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Replenishing Moisture CC Cream 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

I use Pureology Smooth Perfection shampoo and conditioner because I do not like the hydrate one.

I have very dry, fragile and frizzy hair and this is a great recommendation!! Always makes my hair feel silky smooth!

Hey, The Mizani Press Agent Smoothing, Frizz Control Blow Dry Stying Cream is a really great product for Frizzy hair, I have frizzy hair and it worked really well for me! I 100% recommended this product and the Mizani brand is awesome too! Hope this helped! 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing