cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

They are great - chopped up bacon inside the pancakes & more sprinkled on top.  I've also made bourbon maple syrup with them. mmmmmmmmmm

LOL! That phrase is perfect for this!

O_O

GIMMMMMMMMMME!!!!!! I LOVE maple bacon!!

That's really sweet! ^_^ I love adding things to pancakes. I started adding a dash of cinnamon to banana ones!

my mom was diagnosed with dementia a few years ago.  the form that she has makes it hard for her to remember the names of thing and she looses her words.  After dinner she says to me "I want those bar things".

I run through every bar type item I can think of.  She is getting frustrated at me because I dont know what she is talking about.  Finally she says, "you know those things that weren't done."  Here I realize she is talking about some chocolate chip bars I made a few weeks ago.  

I followed the recipe which was wrong and I didn't have enough flour in them so they were like under baked chocolate chip cookies in the middle.  So, being the good daughter I am, I just took these out off the oven.  Just need them to cool a bit.

image.jpg

I just printed your recipe out and added the pic to my growing "BT cookbook" lol What a story you shared, atleast you were a great daughter and made it again 🙂

Errrmahgawdddd!!!

swfupload_418614921884238764.gif

That looks delicious....recipe post???? Pretty please?

They are super easy -

1/2 cup butter

1 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

1 to 1 1/4 cup flour, sifted

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/8 tsp baking soda

1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips

melt butter and let it cool to room temperature.  Add sugar, egg and vanilla - mix well.  Add dry ingredients gradually, blending well.  Pour into greased 9x9 pan, spread well.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips.  Bake for 20-25 minutes until set.

Notes - I sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl, then add it into the wet.  If you use 1 cup cup of flour, they will be more gooey in the center.  1 1/4 they are closer to a chocolate chip cookie.  You can start with 1 and work you way up.  It took me about 4 tries to get them to the right texture.  it is important to measure, then sift.  I love to warm up a chunk in the microwave and serve with vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmmmmm 😍😍😍😍

Anonymous Insider

YUM! Thanks!

That photo just looks sooooo good, I can almost smell and the warm, fresh baked goodness. Why don't we have smell-o-monitors????

That would be awesome...like scratch n sniff.

Anonymous Insider

Smell-o-monitors with drool catchers!:D

I can see an infomercial now! "Buy your Smell-O-Monitor today and get a Drool Catcher for FREE! That's right! You heard me, FREE!"

Anonymous Insider

That's Hilarious! We should hurry and get that patented so no one can steal it.:D

The Drool Catcher can be color coordinated to match your lipstick, blush, or eye shadow! Hahaa!

Anonymous Insider

Seriously I see a new product in the making:P

I want a zebra print one. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Sorry I had to go do some stuff. OK now I'm back we'll set your order for a zebra print.

Anonymous Insider

Good to know I'm not the only junk food eater here, but I'm still probably the worst. I've had 2 Frappuccinos today...so far. lol Other stuff too of course, but 2 freaking Frappuccinos! Had one yesterday too. On one hand I feel guilty...on the other I don't really care. Om nom nom nom.... 😛

Oh goodness, it's not all about healthy foods 100% of the time here! Be it junk food or sweets, I love to hear about them! Especially home made baked goods, even better if a recipe is posted! 😉

Anonymous Insider

You got that right girlie!:)

2 Replies
testing