cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

The weekend means cooking up breakfast and bacon tends to be a regular for me. I do have scallops in the fridge so maybe BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS?!?!?!??!??!

Lol i don't really know how to made bacon! I'm a horrible cook, so i've never experimented much with bacon! And it splatters in a skillet!! Any tips!??

I'll be honest, I'm not the best when it comes to bacon the stove because I like to rush things and the wait to flip and flip them makes me want to hurry up the process so if bacon's made on the stove top my bf does it. The key (according to him) is medium heat, don't crank the stove to high or even medium high. Using medium heat ensures your bacon cooks up and excess fat pulls away from it as opposed to just frying it to a crisp on too high temperatures and having it not cook up and crisp evenly.

I like to use the oven for bacon, it's a touch easier and you don't have to flip it if you don't want to. Preheat your oven to 375 and layer bacon on a baking sheet covered with foil. Since they shrink up, there's no need to cut them unless you just want smaller pieces. Lay the slices onto the sheet and place in the oven. Depending on how you like your bacon (super crispy or just cooked and tender) is how long you leave them for. At the bare minimum I let them cook for 20 minutes, but again, gauge by your tastes/preferences. I like to start this right at the beginning of my breakfast making or if I'm make the cheeseburger bacon casserole I cook for dinner sometimes. That way when I'm making pancakes, eggs, or whatever else, the bacon can cook. Plus it makes the entire kitchen smell all bacony!!!!!!!

Hmm i will have to try making bacon sometime! Whenever i buy eggs lol! 

If it doesn't work out on the stove top i'll try the oven! 🙂

Thanks @lylysa!!!! 

No prob! Keep us posted on your bacon endeavors! The bacon cheeseburger casserole I mentioned is super easy to make, I've posted the recipe to Spyski one here before because she mentioned her bf was a picky eater. Let me know if you want me to send it to you too!

Hmm while it sounds good to me, when i do cook, it's for me and my sister, so i highly doubt it's something she would like. She never likes any type of casserole! But i'll let you know if i want the recipe! 🙂

It's essentially a mixed noodle/meat dish cooked over the stove rather than in the oven. It's like Hamburger Helper but homemade so not as loaded with salt or preservatives.

Breakfast for me today:

20130824_100743-1.jpg

I'm at the airport, waiting for my flight home from a business trip.  To not feel so guilty, I also bought a banana 🙂

Anonymous Insider

That looks amazing!

LOL! Banana = guilt balancer, what flavors are those???? Gah, I miss Coldstone! They don't exist anymore in my area, it's only Marble Slab. There is one location that I just refuse to go into, I'm warning you right now....it's a gross/sad story....

I walk into MS with my friends and order Rocky Road (the girl has to make it since they don't have the flavor as is...simple, nuts, marshmallows, chocolate ice cream, right? WRONG! I see her grab vanilla and the RR mix-ins and think "No way can that be mine, I ordered ROCKY ROAD....must be for someone who was in line ahead of me who happened to want vanilla with those toppings!" She's mixing away and suddenly looks up with this glazed over look on her face and in a monotone, flat voice asks, "Oh.....wait.....you said ROCKY ROAD....right?"

*face palm* Did vanilla and RR mix-ins get called SMOOTH road and she thought I must have stated the wrong thing? Anywho, she scrapes off the vanilla and starts again, but over mixes and by the time she hands me my cup the ice cream is leveled into it. I mean, FLAT and flush on the top and it's melting like crazy. Ick.

On top of that, as I was leaving I saw the guy who was making waffle cones had several holes in his gloves at the finger tips so he's touching all of them essentially with bare skin......blegh!

@lylysa --- it's mint chocolate chip and chocolate ice cream!  YUMMMMMmmmmmmmehhhhhhhh!  

That's terrible about Marble Slab, ewwww!  Yeah places that do mix-ins always seem to mush the ice cream into the cup, I meant it's half melted already by the time it gets to you!

Chowing down on my favorite summer snack right now- grilled zucchini with a wash of olive oil and a bit of sea salt.

Mmm, sea salt is the best! So flavorful!

I just came back from Panera so it was chicken and wild rice soup, their Frontega chicken panini, chips and a strawberry smoothie! Their frozen drinks are 50% for August from 3-5! Whohoo, it's like a Panera happy hour!

Since I have been on clear liquid diet for a week I was finally able to eat!!!!! We went to a Mongolian Grill soooo good!  To drink I had a watermelon spritzer which is watermelon, pineapple juice and sprite (I spiked it) haha 🙂

Yum, what watermelon spritzer sounds super refreshing for Summer!

What all did you load up on at the grill?

We had sushi for dinner. I love it!!!

Niiiiiiice, I'm a sushi fan myself! What pieces/rolls did you get?

Anonymous Insider

I had

fried pork with fried potatoes includes a soysauce/garlic sauce

abalones

seafood soup

apple aloe juice

mixed vegetable and scallop porriage

Aloe juice is delish!

What all seafood was in the soup? Your meal sounds super yummy!

OK, I have to share today's dinner because it was out of my wheelhouse (I am comfortable with cooking most critters that had legs), but also because it was delish.

• Grilled Koho Salmon with Chimichurri sauce
  • 2 Grilled Scallops, topped with Garlic and Herb Butter
  • small scoop of twice-baked macaroni and cheese
  • Sparkling water

I LOOOOVE salmon and scallops! Heck, I just love seafood, PERIOD! 

Did you make your own garlic herb butter?

testing