Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Here is my Chicken 'Tortilla' Soup

(my husband ate the tortilla chips this weekend not realizing I bought them for this soup.  hahah!)

This is the same sauce from the chicken tacos.  I added a quart of chicken broth, can of stewed tomatoes, adjusted spices and cooked more chicken.  Mixed in the black beans & veggies.  This was soooo good!  Didn't miss the tortilla strips and also ran out of  avocado.

I love it when chicken tortilla soup  has corn! I love corn! I am loving how the yellow, red, and green just POP!

Breakfast this morning was hemp granola with Speciak K Fruit & Yogurt with milk and dinner was a chicken burger with a fried egg, splurged a bit on parmesan truffle, crinkle cut fries with iced tea. 

Last night was sushi, stocked up on some avocado and unagi rolls (unagi is my favorite) and edamame.

parmesan truffle! Alwasy curious about truffle but haven't had the guts to splurge. They don't carry it in stores near me, and I find buying food online sketchy. o.O. I've been told they taste like of like mushrooms?

They do, very earthy, but they play well with creamy flavors like white cheeses.

POT ROAST

I put it in the crock pot for 10 hrs on low, on a bed of baby carrots and yukon gold potatoes with onion soup mix for flavor.  It was tender and tastey.

omg DROOL!  did you simmer it in water?  I keep meaning to get a crock pot, they sound so versatile and easy!

Slow cooking is the best!

And, while were posting recipes, here is my mom's amazing spaghetti...most people say it's the best they ever had...my husband makes it= awesome husband. Obviously not low-carb/ low-fat, but definitely a lot healthier than sauce in jar (and cooking tomatoes boosts their lycopene).

Spaghetti Bologna:

1 lb spaghetti

1 lb ground chuck

1/2 lb. sausage-pork or turkey OR 1/2 lb. bacon

1 large onion

fresh garlic(I like a lot-it's up to you how much)

1 carrot-if organic, don't peel

1 celery stick-soak it in salt water to get out chemicals-soak for 10 minutes

1 red bell pepper-or 1 green bell pepper

or 1 small of each

olive oil

1 half pound of mushrooms

1 15 ounce can tomato sauce, 1 can of tomato paste

saute the chopped onion with olive oil

add chopped carrot, celery and pepper

cook for about 15 minutes

add chopped garlic

add meat

cook until meat is not red or pink

add tomato sauce and tomato paste

cook covered for 1 1/2 hrs.

cook spaghetti until al dente

top with either parmesan or romano cheese

Kudos to men who cook!

BACON in sauce?!?! O_O You have me!

Now with all these spaghetti and tomato based recipes from you and Moregun, I just HAVE to make pasta now! Smiley Tongue See how easy it is to twist and pull my arm?

Omg so good...red lead for sure!

Dried scallop Smiley Happy

Say whaaaaaaaa?!?! I've never seen or heard this! Where did you get it? asian super market or normal supermarket? *super curious*

Highlighted

*GASP*

You know what's funny, I've never seen dried scalliops as is, but my parents add it to congee and I love it. Heck, I love scallop in any form or fashion!

No one's posted here for a while, so I went to the store to look for a jicama to go with my lunch, and found a new fruit I love, the rambutan, it is amazing!  

For lunch I mixed jasmine rice (frying it in oil from frying tortilla slices) with leftover steak taco fixins, pico de gallo and some salt, and put some jicama slices and cottage cheese on the side with a raspberry chia drink thing.  I'm pretty darn happy with how it came out, and I turned one sitting worth of taco fixins into 6 servings of Mexican rice and tortilla chips! Smiley Very Happy

Chiiiiiia!!! OMG! I love putting chia seeds in my drinks/juices! P.S. That plate is a plate of yum!

Chia is a recent to me, but I like the texture, and definitely noticed an energy boost!

Well, that's one way to murder a good thread :/  Seriously though, chica, you are too young to not be getting the nutrition you need, definitely seek help if you need it Smiley Happy

Amen to that, Moregun!

@ Mintshake, Tricia and Diana are right, everyone here at BT has open hearts and arms if there is an issue that you want to bring up. We're not here to pry, but when you post things for the public to see like that we will of course be concerned, but please do not cry wolf in instances if you don't follow through or elaborate. Though this is a beauty forum and may not be the most conventional or usual spot for anyone to seek help on an emotional level, that doesn't mean we can't try in some way to help. We're here for everyone, but only if those who seek help truly mean it.

What the...I would've said I had food if I had any thing there's literally nothing in my house, and besides, I don't need your "help". 

Had a giant family dinner last night....

Giant steamed prawns, crab fried rice, bbq pork ribs, greens, steamed tilapia, silken tofu with mushrooms, black pepper fried lobster, green onion and ginger sauteed lobster, and chicken....YUMMMEHHHH!

...there was lobster, and I was not informed...RELEASE THE CATS!!

No seriously, that sounds delicious though Smiley Very Happy

Totally read your "RELEASE THE CATS!!" in this format with Liam Neeson voice:

LOL!

Today's food:

Breakfast- Cup of tea, cup of coffee, bowl of reduced calorie apple cinnamon oatmeal

Lunch- mini side chicken ceasar salad (no croutons, light dressing), Pellegrino water

Dinner (planned)- Pan-Seared Flank Steak (about 4oz), side salad

Snack for hockey game- air popped popcorn

Was hungry so dinner came early.  I need to learn how to pan-sear better...