Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

I realized after I ate it all I didn't take a photo! Smiley Very Happy I had leftovers for lunch, but last night for dinner with my friends I made:

-Beef slow cooked with asparagus

-Garlic butter, rosemary, cheesey mashed potatoes

-Tricolor rotini noodles with velveta and added broccoli

Yum yum!

Delicious!  That sounds amazing Smiley Tongue

If only we lived in the same city, we could have food swaps!!! Or we can just wait until we can transport things through computer monitors!

Seriously!

I'm probably making chicken parm tomorrow night and I can't help but to think it would pair nicely with your tomato soup/sauce below.

I could see that working as a marinara, there certainly would be a LOT left over Smiley Tongue

LOL....time to start cooking for an army...an army of BEAUTY!!!!!!

Oh the recipes reminded me: try to avoid canned tomatos and go for glass jar if you can. Apparently the acidity of the tomato breakdown some chemicals in metal/tin cans and are bad for you. Go for fresh or glass jarred. =)

Bleghhhhhh >.<

Yeah I've heard that too, haven't made the switch yet (for the canned tomatoes in the recipe I posted) but we do try to go organic when possible!

Oh speaking of organic, it's more important for some produce than others or so I heard. Root vegetables such as potatoes/beets/carrots are responsible for absorbing everything so it's more important to get root vegetables that are organic as opposed to things like orange or banana that you peel (especially when you are on a tight budget and can't do organic everything).

Yep. Anything I eat a lot of I get organic, and its not organic (milk, eggs, cereal, pasta, potatoes, carrots, etc) unless it has the USDA stamp of approval. I cant tell you how many items say "natural" or "organic" but arent. >_< I started buying some organic things when I saw the dramatic difference in taste between organic milk and eggs and regular milk and eggs. The regular fat free milk is basically water and has no milk taste for me, and the organic fat free milk tastes sooo good, its not nearly as watery tasting. The organic eggs taste completely different than the regular ones to me. Its been years now since I've had the "fake" eggs, and I absolutely will never, can never ever go back.

Do you ever think about how every store has sooooo much milk/eggs? Its not real. They put a sticker of a cow on the milk to trick us into thinking that its farm fresh when in reality....its just a powder that they mix with water. O.O

Reconstituted milk!!!!!!!

Especially true for skim milk/ non-fat products (total scam). Your brain and skin need fat (including to metabolize other fats)...I always go full-fat. Should get more raw dairy...and yum, eggs from flax-seed fed, humanely-raised chickens taste great and are rich in Omega-3's...

Homemade banana pancakes courtesy of my son. Yum!

That's really sweet! ^_^ I love adding things to pancakes. I started adding a dash of cinnamon to banana ones!

I made maple bacon pancakes for dinner the other night.  mmmmm.....bacon, the meat candy. Smiley Happy

O_O

GIMMMMMMMMMME!!!!!! I LOVE maple bacon!!

For the love of bacon this looks absolutely to die for!

LOL! That phrase is perfect for this!

They are great - chopped up bacon inside the pancakes & more sprinkled on top.  I've also made bourbon maple syrup with them. mmmmmmmmmm

3 Replies