cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@kimmi -- no, boohooo. i think the only truly "fresh" meat i've had is various kinds of fish or shellfish.  i have a coworker that actually drives across a couple of state lines once a year to pick up his share of fresh steaks/cuts from a rancher friend of his....it sounds crazy but I'm sure there's a big difference between that and whatever you get from the store!

Anonymous Insider

@drrragon It doesn't sound crazy at all because there are differences.  Meat in most grocery chains comes from cattle that have been fed who knows what, who knows how they've been treated, and they've had the hormone shots and whatnot.  Also, I don't know what all is in it to preserve it, and I probably don't want to know. 

On the other hand, fresh meat comes from cattle that do not receive all that bad stuff, such as hormone shots.  My family and I know what the cows were fed.  If I remember correctly, they were fed cattle good cattle feed, hay, and, before we hauled them to the meat packing place, they received something corn based to "clean out" their system.  

The taste between the two is different as well.  Fresh meat tastes so much better.  We haven't fixed the steaks yet; we're waiting until summer so we can grill out.  We've used hamburger meat for different things, had some of the roasts, and some sections of meat were packaged for beef stew receipes.

*DROOL*

Anonymous Insider

Cheerios

Anonymous Insider

Tonight will be a crock pot Italian sausage stew switch a veggie base, spaghetti sauce, and leeks for the broth (plus everything else). Sounds weird, but it's amazing!  And I'm trying to add both leeks and okra this time around, should be very interesting 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Just tested the broth, still needs a few hours, but the leeks are definitely better in the soup than onion, there's a bolder savory flavor with a touch of sweet onion 🙂 the good quality paprika adds to this new flavor dimension wonderfulweb while the veggie base removes the need for salt entirely 😄

Anonymous Insider

Wonderful flavor, I swear my phone only decide that its autocorrect is drunk on this webpage O.o

Your phone is drunk on good food smells!!!

The autocorrect on my iPad is made of whisky. It does that every other sentence so I gave up and only post on BT with laptop.

Go home, iPad, you're drunk!

If you get a knock on the door tonight, don't worry, it's just me with an empty bowl! 😛

Anonymous Insider

It makes a very large amount, so I've ghost no problems with that!

Yessssss....hey everyone, dinner tonight at MoreGun's place!!!!! haha!

LOL that's great!  I'm gonna invite a few friends, hope she doesn mind!  hahaha

argh i'm sooooo hungry and Italian sausage stew sounds AMAAAAAAZING!!!!  I actually came here to post that I did Cantonese-style steamed spare ribs yesterday, just like lylysa posted a few weeks ago!  yummmmmmmm.  It's been forever since I actually cooked something like that!

Oooo, good to hear they turned out yummy!

Anonymous Insider

Lol the best compliment is someone getting seconds!  And those ribs sound positively mouth watering!

They are! And because you cook them at a lower heat, the meat gets tender and stays juicy!

Anonymous Insider

Best thing of all: most Mexican food is gluten free!

Nice!

Anonymous Insider

Lanndan and I went out last night to our favorite Mexican food place with a couple of friends.  I LOVE El Charolais!!!!  I ordered one of the combination meals: 2 hard shell tacos, rice, and an enchilada.  I love their rice, which is a good thing since I have to limit my gluten. 

testing