Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Chili-lime...DROOL!

P.S. Your fancy china adds to the beautiful color of the food! Smiley Tongue

...It was deliberate....ha ha jk

Truffled.jpg

Truffled Demi-Glace Sirloin Steak with lyonnaise potatoes and peas.

That looks amazing! 😍

Steak and potatoes!!!! Can't go wrong!

P.S. Please continue the use of your fancy china, I want to see how long these images can last with those plates! Smiley Very Happy

Drooling at this. Looks really good!

Steak and potatoes my fave!!! This looks good and perfectly cooked! 

Cajun Shrimp Boil with Andouille Sausage. 

I want to make crawfish but those are only sold in 65 lb sacks around here! 

Can't see this in photo but it was spicy and garlicky just like I love! 

gumbo3.jpg

gumbo5.jpg

YUM!

These were the shrimps I was telling you about.  You can just eat them and fill up!  Can also eat chilled!  One of my fave protein snacks! 

Mmmm yummy!!!

Soooo....BT food thread party at your place when you get the 65 pound bag of crawfish, right? Smiley Tongue

Hello @wheeeee! You've made/eaten some yummy dinners lately. Tonight we had peanut- and pistachio-breaded pork chops with millet and steamed carrots. Looks sort of simple and it pretty much was--the hardest thing was making sure the pork was thoroughly cooked without burning the crust.

pork-chop-43-2017.jpg

Pistachios are yummy!  Need them with pork chops!

I've never done pistachios on pork, but I have used it on chicken and even asparagus.

@DiVWA, any tips on cooking the pork without burning the crust?

@lylysa, I used quite a bit of oily in my pan and didn't fry the chops for the total cooking time; I microwaved them for the remaining time a couple minutes at 70% power.

Ooooo, nice! Thanks for sharing! I would have never thought to incorporate the microwave into the process, but it makes total sense!

I pigged out last night, no lie. My family celebrated Chinese New Year a touch early and we had a meal of king crab legs, fried and peppered lobster, lobster sauteed noodles, crab fried rice, greens, steamed fish, sweet glazed shrimp with honey glazed walnuts, bbq pork pieces, and sauteed clams!

To top that off, I had a lychee and honey tapioca drink afterward!

My stomach was so full!

My lunch today is the same thing I posted up at the start of this thread (so many left overs), but for dinner tonight I'll be making baked chicken nugget bites with garlic and rosemary infused mashed potatoes, and broccoli.

*gasp*! Lemme celebrate with you guys!!!!!!!

Yeah, my parents are visiting me and wants to do stuff. But with this snow storm, I just pray I can make the 1hr drive safely tomorrow to the airport for pick up (then maybe reward myself with a small purchase at Sephora *ahem*.) and the 1hr trip back.

I do have frozen meat/veggie buns, dim sum, fruits and self made upside down banana cake with caramel walnut in the freezer, tho we might still end up picking up some frozen dumplings for Chinese New Year.

Eep! Drive safe! It sounds like you're in no shortage of good food at your place.

P.S. Dumplings make everything even better haha

oh my gosh you guys are making me hungrrrryyyyy!!!! and also homesick!  it's been ages since I've been able to celebrate Chinese New Year with my parents, they just live too far away.

beautytester I wonder if they are bringing you another 10 lb bag of tomatoes, hahaha

anyways DROOOLLLLLLL

3 Replies