Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE OTHERWORLDLY THREAD ๐Ÿ‘ฝโœจ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐ŸŒ™

Iโ€™ve wanted to start this for so long but never got around to it. Back in the day I think I had a similar thread and I wanted to bring it back.

Do you love anything out of the norm: the strange, the unusual, and the mysterious? Anything relating to the supernatural, the paranormal and mystical? Then this thread is for you! A place to discuss anything and everything about the unknown, the occult, legends and theoriesโ€ฆ anything goes!

unnamed.png

Re: THE OTHERWORLDLY THREAD ๐Ÿ‘ฝโœจ๐Ÿ”ฎ๐ŸŒ™

@mermadelove I use a Tibetan bell for space clearing. I need you two to meet eventually! ๐Ÿ””

I use an energy chime ( same idea) and sea salt spray (for the allergic set) or sage and a sweet filler like rose or palo santo, etc.  We DEFINITELY need to meet up!!!!!! I'm thinking this summer I can take a road trip!!!! @fieldsofclover

๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ˜ผ @mermadelove

Thanks for sharing @k617!  True that kids are much more sensitive to these things... can't tell you how much stuff happened to me when I was a kid. I couldn't sleep for years. Your aunt sounds like an amazing lady!

@k617 Definitely creepy; thanks for sharing! My mom is also from Hong Kong, and she claims that children under the age of 6 are sensitive to negative energy and other paranormal things. She claims that when buying a house, you should always bring a small child or a pet.

@txcatx We didn't bring our cats to our current house before we bought it, but thankfully they seem to like being in this new place just as much as the old ones!

I also believe (whether it's feng shui-related or not) cats ward off evil spirits. I'm glad to have 2 (one being a black cat...which is good luck to me!)

@k617

I absolutely believe that young children are more open to things than adults or even older children.  Take for instance the house that my younger brother and I lived in.  The oldest part of the house was log cabin complete with dirt basement and cistern and really steep stairs leading to two upstairs rooms - one room was mine and one was my brothers. 

I'm 9 years older than my brother and never said a word about the things I would feel/experience up in our rooms.  What 15 year old would scare a 6 year old like that?  So I kept it to myself.  Fast forward 10 years...

I'm married and moved out of state.  Our parents build an addition onto the house and give my brother the option of having both upstairs rooms (my room was now the guest room) and having their old room be the guest room, or of him moving down into their old room.  He chose their old tiny bedroom.  When our mom told me this, I expressed surprise than a 16 year old boy didn't want the whole upstairs to himself.  She said the same and said that when she asked him about it he said, "There are ghosts up there."

I almost stood up in my chair and whooped!  I had confirmation of something I'd never said out loud to him.  Turns out, he could SEE them whereas I could only ever feel (cold air, goose bumps, etc...) them.

To this day our parents think we had overactive imaginations as children.  My "little" brother is now 28, 6'2" and 200lbs and will still tell you that attic is haunted.

@kalex I smile every time I smile  your avi. Makes me happy that you are back โค๏ธ

That new age shop I worked at? I was friends with the original owner. ANd there was one corner of the store I would never, ever linger in, I would barely look at it. When the new owner bought it ( she's the one I ended up working for) I asked her about it becuase I knew I could. She told me it was the original owner's father watching over her. I told her he more scared people away! I never saw him but always felt his energy and it was unpleasant to me. The new owner cleared the space when she bought the store and he left. DEspite all of the things I've seen and experienced, I generally prefer to stay away from ghosts!

OMG that's so creepy!! Especially if he could see them.

I'm thankful I never got to see them. I don't care if they're harmless or friendly...I don't think I would have handled that very well.

That's definitely a tough predicament you were in. On the one hand, you didn't want to scare him, but on the other, if he had SEEN them maybe it would have been nice for him to have "support".

At least, you guys understand each other and it's not just imagination!

If I could call on the healing power of you lovely folks in this thread, a dear family friend was struck by a car yesterday morning, and has a lot of surgeries ahead of her. Iโ€™d love it if you could send your healing energies toward her and her family. Thanks so much!

Oh my! I'm sorry to hear that @Beadshopgirl! Lots and lots of love and light to your friend, her family and you! xo

@Beadshopgirl sending angels and healing energy. Hugs to you!

I'm sorry to hear that @Beadshopgirl. Lots of love to you and your friend. 

Sending positive energy towards your family friend @Beadshopgirl! Heart

This isnโ€™t a big or scary one, but this just happened Friday night. We were getting ready to leave to have dinner at my momโ€™s house. I turned around to grab my coat, and my daughter yelled that my son just fell down the stairs to the basement. Apparently he took a step backwards and tumbled down. I didnโ€™t hear a thing, even though I was right there near the stairs. My son is a hysterical cryer; if he stubs his toe youโ€™d think he was having his foot slowly twisted off from the yelling. He didnโ€™t make a sound. He just walked back up the stairs and said he was fine. How he managed to fall, then basically backwards-summersault all the way down the stairs without making so much as a thump is bizarre. 

Glad to hear your son's OK!

Last time I fell down the stairs, I slid down 3 steps on my butt and it hurt like a $%#@...that tailbone area is still a little tender after 5 months and I've only recently been able to do sit ups, sit up in the bathtub, Russian twists etc without it hurting...

@Beadshopgirl Do you remember seeing in the news recently how a lady in Edmonton (I think?) fell 4 m down a manhole after an electrical explosion underground in -30 C weather and after she was rescued all she had was like a fractured ankle or something? You'd think that falling 4m straight down a completely unexpected place would result in some serious injuries...

Yeah that is odd @Beadshopgirl. Glad he's ok!

I've had something like that happen to me! I leaned back onto what I thought was a pillar but turns out it was just by my side and not actually behind me. Closed my eyes while doing so and when I opened them I was on the concrete. Didn't feel anything. Don't know how it happened. My best friend was really concerned because in theory I would've hit my head because I fell straight back and opened my eyes to me being flat on my back on the ground. To this day I think something gave me a little help. 

@Tiffanyb108. Thatโ€™s pretty awesome!

@Beadshopgirl maybe he was caught by angels. Iโ€™ve seen it happen!

@mermadelove I figured it was my grandfather again!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos30
  • unnamed.png
  • The truth is out there 2.jpg
  • missle.PNG
  • tooth.PNG
  • missle 1.PNG
  • otherworldly.png
  • 029c28042f52a176aa51a0e9ffda26ef
  • 8D6AC47D-69C3-468B-BDFF-F04BC880B700.jpeg
  • lotsoflove.gif