Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

Twins!  Cute!

I love how we get them all the fancy toys and then they love nothing more than boxes, paper and empty plastic water bottles.

They are so beautiful!!

Such gorgeous kitties! I absolutely love how she's sitting in a Sephora box!

So pretty!  Hugs!

This is my baby Coal, approx. 9 years old now.  We found eachother 7 years ago when volunteering at a cat shelter. Hubby and I were cleaning  and went in to the trailer of 'new' cats that had come in and there was this sudden yowl-screech and this black cat came flying at me. The cat latched on to my neck and started purring, hubby was trying to pry him off and he wouldn't let go. Every time hubby got him off me, he just jumped back up at me and latched on. 

Coal and I are very close, always snuggling at the computer, on the couch, and in bed. Coal is very bonded to me, and runs to the door crying when I come home. It is funny because he knows when it is me vs. hubby, he doesn't bother to get up if it's the hubby. I haven't gone away for a overnight vacation in all the time we have been together because he gets so out of sorts even when I am late home from work.

Coal just had surgery yesterday for dental work, removed 7 teeth. It was so nerve-wracking for me, especially because Coal has asthma and surgery is riskier. I keep telling him I am going to rename him Cancun, since it was the same price as a week there 😛 I would pay anything for my baby Coal.

IMG_0317.JPG

Coal.jpg

So, Sweet.  Get  Well, Coal!  I love the name Cancun!  Lol!

@Insomniacmuffin - I understand completely when you say you'd pay anything for your baby 😺. When Simba was diagnosed with pancreatitis we had to do a whole panel of very expensive labs, a full body ultrasound with anesthesia (since he has a heart condition and a smaller than average kidney from birth I elected to have it done since they had to knock him out to know how his pancreas looked and to check for cancer in his belly section), multiple medications, IV fluids, tests for parasites - the list goes on. The final bill would have paid for a nice cruise, but fortunately my hubs just paid the bill and didn't complain too much. If the vet says it's necessary we just do it. I'm blessed to have a great vet that doesn't take advantage of my nerves when it comes to making sure my boys are okay. I love your story of how he chose you! My adoption story with Simba is a bit different - when they got him out of the cage he fought like a tornado.  I just held onto him and told him he was mine; it was love at first site. Totally different story than my other baby - he went straight to the hubby lol and I had to persuade him to let me adopt BJ. I hope Coal feels better! BJ goes for a teeth cleaning in Sept so hopefully it'll go okay.

@Insomniacmuffin What a sweet and beautiful boy! Hope his recovery goes well. So happy you two found each other. He sounds like a perfect companion.

@Insomniacmuffin,

I hope Coal is recovering well from his dental surgery!

Poor baby!  He is very lucky that he has you.  It does sound like you were meant to be his very own forever home!  Coal is a beautiful boy!  🙂

Happy to hear Coal is doing fine!

@spotspotcat - Love your icon!!!  🙂

This made me mist up @Insomniacmuffin. Very sweet and Coal is very handsome. 

You two were meant to find one another! 🙂

Yesss! Love seeing all these pets. 🙂 Here's my boy:

photo (3).JPG

catnip.jpg

He loves catnip. 😉

What a cutie! My cats have a bird toy too. They've pruned all the feathers off of it. It looks so pitiful, but they  love it. 

Check out Dr. Pussums. It's a brand of homegrown Maine catnip. Cats go crazy over it!

Hi, @samls324 - I'm always on the lookout for these types of toys for my cats.  I usually find them at craft fairs.  Thanks for mentioning this source!  🙂

Thanks for the suggestion! I always get him a new catnip toy for Christmas, so he might be getting one of those this year. 🙂

@Asche Here's what they look like

image.jpeg

and my fluffs enjoying them on Christmas 

image.jpeg

@samls324 Awwwww your kitties look sooooo happy!! I'm so glad you recommended these, my cat will be thanking you.

@Asche,

Your kitty is darling.  He looks like he is lots of fun!  Yay catnip!  🙂

@tsavorite @spotspotcat @bem564 

Thank you for the compliments, his ego is growing bigger by the second!

testing