Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Hobbies/Collecting. What's yours?

Everyone has something they love to do or collect.  What's yours?

-I am a huge Sailor Moon fan and have a rather large collection, and still growing. I suppose I consider it both, a hobby and collecting

❤️ Moonie for life ❤️

-Limited Edition Disney dolls from The Disney Store, these dolls are just gorgeous

Re: Hobbies/Collecting. What's yours?

@Ispend2much6  And Garbage Pail Kids cards!!  

Oh gosh, loved the Garbage Pail Kids, @heartsmyface

@heartsmyface That's exactly what I thought of!  I bought some Garbage Pail Kids stickers years ago when they made a come back, but they weren't as good.  Many of them were labeled as "unused concepts" (or something) and I could see why.  I was able to pick up some throw back stickers in the last couple of years that were fun - I think they were close to the originals.  No one seemed to remember them like I did, though.  Well, my dad did!  He always bought me the original cards.

@heartsmyface   So many choices- wondering if Thomas the Tank Engine will be worth more if they're from 25 yrs ago.

Oooh I love the vintage vibes @Ispend2much6 ! Those are neat! 

@Kim888Great!  It was fun to be able to share the cards with our sons.  They were reissued just in time!

Haha thats a great thread; i do not collect things anymore, but i used to collect rocks, marbles, cards (random like hockey cards, comics book cards, etc).

I hold onto certain things but after months or a year when i clean i find it easier to let certain things go.

@heartsmyface Hi all 🤗 let's see if someone can guess what I like to collect the most?? you're right, lip balms!! 🤣 I have more than 35 atm, and I will buy more in the future. I've always been a fan of arcade/games from the 80's, even if I was born in 1993 haha...I play them on my pc, I don't know, I get nostalgia vibes from them. I used to collect those mini surprises that you can find in those kinder chocolate eggs (is kinder a thing in the US, like here in europe? we love them!!). My latest hobby is growing a bunch of garlic heads, yes I love it so much that I decided to grow my own one 🧄💚 But it's been a month and nothing good has happened yet 😥 Also I like to cook and eat, but probably that is not a hobby, is just a trait I have 🤣 Thanks for reading 🧡

Good luck with your garlic, @Skunk12puzzola!

@quspork thanks 💗

@Skunk12puzzola   I wonder if the US ban on Kinder Eggs has been lifted, because I've been able to buy them for a few years now.  Maybe we have "less dangerous" (said with much sarcasm,) versions of the toys for the US consumers.

I grew garlic one year.  It was a pretty low maintenance crop, but here in my part of the country, where we have a similar climate to southern Italy (or so say the gardening books I read,) we have to plant it in October, it lies dormant for months after a little growth, until the spring when it's warm.  I think I harvested it in July.  It's a big commitment, but so worth it!

@Ispend2much6 you're very kind to giving me your tips, can I ask you something else? how much water should I give to my garlic? I have a small bottle with holes in the cap, so it doesn't drop too much of water.....I'm watering it every 10/15 days because my mom keep saying that if I give garlic too much water, it will starts to rotten....

@Skunk12puzzola  For us, I think we were just supposed to ignore it during the winter.  The toughest part of growing garlic is the timing of when to do what to it.  Mine were too small when I harvested them, so maybe I did it too soon. I did copy an of article that describe what I did; maybe you can adapt it to your area. 

Spoiler
Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 13-22-49 9 Steps for Growing Big Garlic .png
Spoiler

@Ispend2much6 maybe I just messed up with the timing, for sure 😭 it sounds easy, but it's not....thanks for the help 💗😊 you're very kind. Also, quick question: did your garlic bloom?

@Skunk12puzzola   I don't think you want to let it get to that point; I cut off the tops when the scapes formed (I think those are the closed flower buds.)  Generally once flowers form on a plant, you are either going to get veggies or it's going to die (like herbs do when they flower- you have to keep trimming them to keep them alive.)

From what I've read, and what I did, is I left it completely alone during the winter.  Garlic gets water whenever it rains, or snow melts, so it's not without moisture.  You can check the soil and see if it's really dry or not; that may give you an idea whether to water.

Here in the US we have the United States Department of Agriculture, who has devised planting instructions for different parts of the country, called "zones."  Here's a map of Italy's planting zones in the spoiler.  Maybe by finding your zone you can look up how to grow garlic from your organization- could it be called The Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Forestry?

Spoiler
Screenshot 2022-02-23 at 12-25-38 Italy - Plant Hardiness Zone - A Gardeners Forum.png

@Ispend2much6 Hi, garlic flowers are very cute, I read somewhere that if you leave them on, the actual head of the garlic starts to die because all the nutrients go to the flowers, if that make sense 😓. Thanks for the infos.

@Skunk12puzzola. That is true, and you're very welcome!

@Ispend2much6 hi, I planted it in late january, maybe too early 😤😭 also, I'm from the northern part of italy, so it's cold here 🤦‍♀️ let's see if something happens in summer, I hope so. Maybe my garlic is dormant aswell 🤣💤

@Ispend2much6   They made special eggs for the US called Kinder Joy where the toy is not in the shell. 

77F6A598-87E6-4794-9B10-3D4A0F6A55AB.jpeg

Yes, that's it, @heartsmyface .  These are at Target in case anyone in the US is interested.

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 19-03-52 Kinder Joy Sweet Cream Topped with Cocoa Wafer Bites Chocolate Treat + Toy - 6ct.png

Conversation Stats
Photos55
  • Moogle.jpg
  • B2AC7C3B-D909-4A1C-B86A-668D7132C87B.jpeg
  • locket doll.jpg
  • chock.jpg
  • ducknhide.jpg
  • gadzooka_white_front_small_smaller_images.jpg
  • 11F2170E-4E76-4F7F-BF32-07BD6650E69D.jpeg
  • 77F6A598-87E6-4794-9B10-3D4A0F6A55AB.jpeg
  • BE584574-C1F2-442A-A49D-002C238041FD.jpeg
  • 1D4EE582-F86B-49D0-81FF-021B0A9DFEA9.jpeg
  • Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 19-03-52 Kinder Joy Sweet Cream Topped with Cocoa Wafer Bites Chocolate Treat + Toy - 6ct.png
  • IMG_20220222_074504872.jpg
  • IMG_20210721_080207539.jpg
  • Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 13-22-49 9 Steps for Growing Big Garlic .png
  • Thank you gif.gif
testing