Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Hobbies/Collecting. What's yours?

Everyone has something they love to do or collect.  What's yours?

-I am a huge Sailor Moon fan and have a rather large collection, and still growing. I suppose I consider it both, a hobby and collecting

❤️ Moonie for life ❤️

-Limited Edition Disney dolls from The Disney Store, these dolls are just gorgeous

Re: Hobbies/Collecting. What's yours?

@Skunk12puzzola What I do for pictures is take a screenshot of it instead of trying to copy the image.  You don’t have to limit your post or hearts unless you are doing a lot of them in a short amount of time. This is more related to the bot thing that itsfi was talking about. I post a lot and have never been flagged for how many posts I have done or the hearts I give out. It has to be a lot in a short amount of time and I mean a lot. I have been told by MODs about my post too a handful of times so please don’t let that discourage you from posting.  

@SportyGirly125 thank you 😘 I'm always very severe with myself, and I felt like I made someone angry at me, or disappointed....I was like this even in school 🤣 almost cry cry when a teacher was upset at me or something else. Thank you for the support, when I saw the mod in my messages I got scared 😥 but it's nice to hear from someone so popular like you that they pointed out things even with you, it's somehow a relief, I'm not alone haha....thanks again. Have a nice weekend.

@Skunk12puzzola I’m the same way. I hate being in any sort of trouble. 

Have a great weekend and can’t wait to chat on here more with you. 

@SportyGirly125 exactly, I hate being in trouble or a problem for others!! you're so kind and friendly 😘

@darkiceis I collect pencils.  Last I knew, I had over 700 of them.  Now it's probably closer to 800.  The heyday for them for really in the mid 80s-early 90s.  It's hard to find cute ones these days.  My sister is living in Japan, and she sd she's been looking but hasn't found any.  I want to go back to Las Vegas (haven't been there since I was a poor college student!) just to buy as many as I can.  Of course, I'd probably go back and they'd have next to none now.

That sounds like a really fun collection, @greeneyedgirl107. Do you display them?

@quspork I wish I did!  In college I thought it would be fun to put them in a shadow box, but I didn't have the money.  I guess I could now, though - but I'd need so many boxes!

Wow @greeneyedgirl107, that sounds like an awesome collection! 😍 

@greeneyedgirl107 @That’s really neat! The 90s was such a good time for that kind of stuff; I remember being obsessed  with those milky gel pens 

I don’t do a ton of collecting because of apartment living - just not a lot of space ! I am passionate about theatre so I save my playbills from shows I’ve been to! I wish I’d saved the ones from shows when I was younger, but I have the ones from adulthood 

Spoiler
Shows this year so far! 
11F2170E-4E76-4F7F-BF32-07BD6650E69D.jpeg

I also recently bought a record player so I’ve been collecting some records - there’s some cool record stores in nyc and some of the older ones are pretty cheap! 

@Kim888, what a great idea to collect the playbills! 

@Kim888 I have such good memories of being a little girl, listening to my dad play records on his old record player.  I grew up on that music!

@Kim888 @Théâtre and music sound like fantastic  ways to spend your time:). I love that your collections are compact and fit neatly together.  What kind of music do you enjoy? 

@heartsmyface @I like classic rock, mainly my parents’ generation stuff and a lot of 90s/early 2000 pop haha. I don’t have a car so I rarely listen to the radio; I admittedly am very bad at keeping up with what is current unless a friend tells me to listen to something specific. Some of the new K-pop stuff sounds cool though! 

@Kim888   Whatever pleases you.  I don’t tend to keep up to date really either.  I happen upon music and if it strikes a chord then I listen to it non stop. I’m all over the place and like songs from many genres, though I listen to mostly ambient and lowfi and also love instrumental pieces over most songs with lyrics.  

@Kim888   Cool art and good memories!

I found some pictures of my collections.  I thought I had a ring with a doll, but maybe it was a locket.  This is similar at any rate.

locket doll.jpg

Wacky Packages.  They still make me laugh; what does that mean? lol

chock.jpgducknhide.jpggadzooka_white_front_small_smaller_images.jpg

@Margalee  I remember! 😂

@Ispend2much6   I had collector cards/stickers? Of these!!! They used to come on little trading card packs with sticks of gum!!  Had I known they were going to be worth something one day!!   

@heartsmyfaceI know! 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos55
  • Moogle.jpg
  • B2AC7C3B-D909-4A1C-B86A-668D7132C87B.jpeg
  • locket doll.jpg
  • chock.jpg
  • ducknhide.jpg
  • gadzooka_white_front_small_smaller_images.jpg
  • 11F2170E-4E76-4F7F-BF32-07BD6650E69D.jpeg
  • 77F6A598-87E6-4794-9B10-3D4A0F6A55AB.jpeg
  • BE584574-C1F2-442A-A49D-002C238041FD.jpeg
  • 1D4EE582-F86B-49D0-81FF-021B0A9DFEA9.jpeg
  • Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 19-03-52 Kinder Joy Sweet Cream Topped with Cocoa Wafer Bites Chocolate Treat + Toy - 6ct.png
  • IMG_20220222_074504872.jpg
  • IMG_20210721_080207539.jpg
  • Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 13-22-49 9 Steps for Growing Big Garlic .png
  • Thank you gif.gif
testing