Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Hobbies/Collecting. What's yours?

Everyone has something they love to do or collect.  What's yours?

-I am a huge Sailor Moon fan and have a rather large collection, and still growing. I suppose I consider it both, a hobby and collecting

❤️ Moonie for life ❤️

-Limited Edition Disney dolls from The Disney Store, these dolls are just gorgeous

Re: Hobbies/Collecting. What's yours?

@Skunk12puzzola Oh fun!  We have arcades sprinkled throughout our house and a VR and gaming room cause we too love 80-90s arcade games!  
Kinders are popular here in Canada but are illegal for our southern friends.  It’s hard not to tease them for not being able to resist eating the toy. I believe it’s a law against having non nutritive items embedded in food, but that doesn’t explain how lollipops or pogos aren’t illegal as well cause those wooden sticks do not provide nutritive value.  

@heartsmyface a law against kinder eggs?? like, really?? 😤😭 yes, it's just chocolate, but for that reason, we have to take out from the stores every single candy for the same reason, not nutritive at all, but fun, yummy and children love them!! some laws are just......🤬 also, love arcade games, never saw one in person, but I bet those are fun. Which ones do you have?? I can only watch/play them on my pc, but I know a few....like paper boy, burger time, spelunker.....some of my favourites 🤩

@Skunk12puzzola we have a few XArcades some tabletop games, VR car racing seats, haha, lots of games!  My favorites are streetfighter and frogger. We do computer security conferences so the arcades function as nostalgic entertainment on everyone’s down time:) 

@heartsmyface oh god!! frogger, that's a difficult one for sure, at least for me 🤣 I'm watching a video on youtube about it, poor frog it keeps getting hit by cars/eaten by crocodiles 😅

Thanks for the tag @heartsmyface What a fun thread! Love reading everyone's answers!

Hobbies: If I had time for hobbies anymore it'd be running, drawing and putting together puzzles (1000 pieces or more)

Collections: (other than cosmetics) 

-Van Gogh, especially anything Starry Night

- Wizard of Oz

- Books. My favorite book collections are probably Shel Silverstein, Roald Dahl, Time/Life magazines and books and Little Golden Books.

- Shoes, mostly Converse

@Shosh85  Little Golden Books!!  I was so happy that they were re-issued, with the original illustrations (but not as vibrant as the originals,) when my kids were little.  Did you ever collect the minis?

@Ispend2much6  I'm a little surprised that anyone knew what Little Golden books are! 😃 I think half of my collection is from the 70's and 80's and the other half is more recent. 
I never collected the minis, but I do have a few of them. 

@Shosh85   Puzzles just frustrate me😅Actually I like fidget puzzles.  Correction cardboard puzzles frustrate me. Ugh!  I always lose pieces!  Like where do they go?  I swear I have sprites in the house.  

B2AC7C3B-D909-4A1C-B86A-668D7132C87B.jpeg

What kind of drawings do you do? 

@heartsmyface  Haha! I like the fidget puzzles too! There are definitely some cardboard puzzles that frustrate me - this is probably one of the hardest ones I've ever done 👇 It is edge less and has 5 extra pieces 😬

98E855D1-304B-40E8-971A-1D34BB549736.jpeg

This might sound silly, but what I like to draw are copies of other things and see how close I can get to the original. When I was a teenager I drew the covers of every single Walt Disney VHS tape my family had. Sometimes I'd pause a movie on a certain character I was watching so I could draw it. I used to babysit for some kids who loved Pokémon and they asked me to draw the characters from their trading cards but in a larger scale... I think I got up to 75 😅

I like to draw a lot of abstract as well.

@heartsmyface. I'll try to tag more people tomorrow.

I've been a collector all my life. The only thing I have never collected is money. 😂 I say that with some shame.

The earliest collections I remember are collecting these rings that had a mini case for these tiny mini dolls on the face of the ring. If I can find a picture I'll share it.

I also used to collect the original Wacky Packages cards.

@Ispend2much6  Hahaha!!! If only we were better with collecting money!  It’s not nearly as fun as things you can touch or experience though;)

Thanks for the tag, @heartsmyface! So excited to read though everyone's responses! 

@heartsmyface @darkiceis great thread!! My hobbies are swimming, mushroom hunting and raising chickens 💓💓  How could I forget.... We love playing Fortnite here, it's a family hobby I'd say 😂 I love to collect beautiful beauty items, precious moments glass figures and anything hunting related like pictures or antique hunting items 

IMG_20220222_074504872.jpg

IMG_20210721_080207539.jpg

@lmaster mushroom hunting requires alot of knowledge of nature, good for you if you have the ability to do it 🧡💗 I don't even dare to....haha 🤣

Yes it does! @Skunk12puzzola I've been hunting since the age of 4 and my husband can literally look at a tree and tell you if there will be mushrooms under it,, I guess I also collect morel mushroom paraphernalia, key chains, pictures, walking sticks with carved mushrooms at the top

@lmaster the chicks 🧡🐥🐤🐣 so cute

They just fulfill me!! @Skunk12puzzola 💓💓💓

@lmaster I can imagine 😍🥰 but I just read that the chickens don't like cuddles 😥

@Skunk12puzzola lol when they were smaller they did, but now they are 8 months old and big, they don't like to be picked up 😂 or,,, good luck trying to pick them up,, they run 

@lmaster haha 🐤🐓💨

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos55
  • Moogle.jpg
  • B2AC7C3B-D909-4A1C-B86A-668D7132C87B.jpeg
  • locket doll.jpg
  • chock.jpg
  • ducknhide.jpg
  • gadzooka_white_front_small_smaller_images.jpg
  • 11F2170E-4E76-4F7F-BF32-07BD6650E69D.jpeg
  • 77F6A598-87E6-4794-9B10-3D4A0F6A55AB.jpeg
  • BE584574-C1F2-442A-A49D-002C238041FD.jpeg
  • 1D4EE582-F86B-49D0-81FF-021B0A9DFEA9.jpeg
  • Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 19-03-52 Kinder Joy Sweet Cream Topped with Cocoa Wafer Bites Chocolate Treat + Toy - 6ct.png
  • IMG_20220222_074504872.jpg
  • IMG_20210721_080207539.jpg
  • Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 13-22-49 9 Steps for Growing Big Garlic .png
  • Thank you gif.gif
testing