Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a special area for us to talk about all the fun of the season.  No matter what you celebrate or how, we want to share it!  This is a thread inspired by those of veronika23 from yesteryear.  You can post about beauty, memories, traditions or anything you want.

unnamed.gif

I'd like to continue with the idea of having a prompt for each day.  Feel free to post as often as you'd like...and to add your own prompts.  

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most?

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes?

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet?

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?

December 5: What is your decorating style?

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it?

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start?

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear?!)

December 9: What was the best gift you ever received?  What gift was the best you ever gave?

December 10: What kind of greeting cards are your favorite to send...and to receive?

December 11: What is your go-to holiday red (or pink) lip?

December 12: Snow...yay or nay?

December 13: Do you have a favorite holiday drink?  

December 14: What holiday sale do you look forward to the most?

December 15: Do you have a most-loved holiday food or snack?

shutterstock_748781014.jpg

December 16: What's your best (and worst!) holiday grab-bag experience?!

December 17: Is there a holiday memory that stands out for you?

December 18: What kind of nail art are you into this year?

December 19: What holiday TV shows/episodes are your nearest and dearest?

December 20: What beauty product has been your saving grace this year?

December 21: What's your gifting style?  

December 22: Sound off on beauty advent calendars!

December 23: Who is someone special you're thinking of this season?

December 24: What's a makeup look you are loving?  

December 25: Post a holiday wish!

December 26: Any gifts you already know that you'll be returning?

December 27: What is your favorite kind of sweater to wear in the winter?

December 28: If you could design a beauty gift set for the new year, what would be in it?  (And what price would it be?)

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year?

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise.

giphy.gif

P.S. I'm posting this off the cuff, so I may be editing the OP.

Re: BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

December 27: What is your favorite kind of sweater to wear in the winter? I get hot really easily so I very rarely wear sweaters.

December 28: If you could design a beauty gift set for the new year, what would be in it?  (And what price would it be?) A YTTP skincare set with all of my favorites.

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year? I finally learned how to contour from YouTube videos.

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year? The haul threads😂

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise. 
To eat healthier and drink more water. I can feel a huge difference when I do eat right.

@faeriegirl - I hear you on the sweaters!  😉

@faeriegirl i definitely need to drink more water too!

Dec. 30: I generally post in the Favorites thread each month, and I’ll lend some products suggestions or advice if there are some questions. I also frequently check out the threads related to new releases, sales, and promos. 

DEC 30 - The top threads i have been on this year would have to be :

PET PARADISE

&

100 Days of Lipstick Challenge

2021 has been the first year i have been more involved in the BIC Community. Hoping to be more involved in 2022!

@Mellmars1185 Me too! I dabbled in the community a few years back but I think it's my goal to get much more involved in 2022. There's only so much my friends can listen to with my make-up/beauty/skin-care/fragrance addiction and this is the perfect outlet. 😊

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year?. The only hacking I've done this year has been my Cough-Variant Asthma.

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?  Perfume Challenge, Pet Paradise, monthly hauls, and these seasonal threads.  Really, I'm all over the place, so there are many others, but these are the ones I check first!

@Titian06 Lol, I know it's not funny at all, but the wording for the first answering made me giggle as an asthma sufferer myself. (I hope you don't take offense to that) I also loved seeing you around the Perfume Challenge forum, your reviews are awesome 🙂

@QueenMarceline - I'm glad you lol'd!  I meant for my answer to be funny.  I don't have any beauty hacks so why not try to make people laugh instead? 😁

@Titian06 I second that. I used to use tape for a cat eye eyeliner back in 2015/2016 (does that count?) 😁

*I feel like this needs a disclaimer, just in case: Terrible hack, damaging to your eye area. Don't do this. 😂*

Please forgive my tardiness! I love this thread 🙂

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year? I'm not sure but I'm going to guess the Fragrance Junkie thread where we post new releases and fragrance news

Also, if I can "cheat" and belatedly answer one Q 🙂

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes?

• Serge Luten's Fille en Aiguelles, reminiscent of the sap and needles of a live Christmas tree, supplemented perfectly with a little smokiness, sweetness and spice
  • Hiram Green's Hyde, birchwood burning in the snowy deeps of a Canadian forest, rugged and outdoorsy with a chilly kiss of wintery menthol 
  • CdG's Avignon for a churchy incense. I don't go to church but this one makes me think of midnight mass.

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

This was such an odd year. I know I started off posting more on the masking thread but haven't been doing as much lately. I do spend a lot of time just perusing the monthly haul threads to see what other people have picked up and what looks like it need to be added to the wish list. 

December 24: What's a makeup look you are loving?  Really intricate eye liners. I think they look so cool and editorial. 

December 25: Post a holiday wish! I wish I didn't have to shovel the drifts behind my car.

December 26: Any gifts you already know that you'll be returning? Nope! I am beyond excited for everything I got!

December 27: What is your favorite kind of sweater to wear in the winter? I will wear sweaters anytime of year. Just got a new Venom one, but I really love Cashmere in winter. 

December 28: If you could design a beauty gift set for the new year, what would be in it?  (And what price would it be?) No idea. Probably sampler sets for brands that don't have them. $25.

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year? Take my sheet mask in the shower with me so it's not cold. Thanks @itsfi 

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year? My usual ones. 100 Shades of Eyeshadow Challenge Pan It! - 2021 Challenge 🏆 Empties - V2 RE: 100 Days of Lipstick Challenge 💕😌 Mask of the Week Challenge 😌💖 and Pet Paradise 

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise. Work on my lighting and composition so I can be a better photographer. 

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year? New releases 2021, Virtual Masterclass thread and the monthly hauls.

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise. Still continue masking and using my Nuface and DDG led mask.

@SportyGirly125 @Using my led mask regularly is definitely my beauty resolution as well!

DEC 29 - A beauty hack that I did a lot was using a matte foundation on my eyelids and then used HUDA BEAUTY Easy Bake Loose Baking & Setting Powder Banana Bread to set on my eyelids so that my mascara wouldnt transfer to my oily skin. It really works and i only introduced this into my routine this year!

Dec. 29: Good ol’ H2O is the best beauty product out there. Drink your water, boys and girls! I don’t have any other “hacks,” other than don’t underestimate was an extra glass of water can do for you. 

Yes @alexasteph

Sorry everyone for being so late. Here are mine 🙂(part 2);

December 11: What is your go-to holiday red (or pink) lip? Red

December 12: Snow...yay or nay? Yay

December 13: Do you have a favorite holiday drink? I don’t have one but long long ago when I have to commute to the office I always order Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte during the holiday season

December 14: What holiday sale do you look forward to the most? Black Friday

December 15: Do you have a most-loved holiday food or snack? Smoke salmon, cheese and triscuit

December 16: What's your best (and worst!) holiday grab-bag experience?! None. I don’t like one size fit all beauty bag

December 17: Is there a holiday memory that stands out for you? One year we had a mini vacation and we had to drive thru the snow storm. It was quite scary but we made through thankfully.

December 18: What kind of nail art are you into this year? I don’t paint my nails sadly.

December 19: What holiday TV shows/episodes are your nearest and dearest? Can’t think of one right now.

December 20: What beauty product has been your saving grace this year? Not a saving grace but favorite of the year are Chanel Coco Bloom Chance (already panned it within couple months) and Tom Ford Neutral Party lipstick.

December 21: What's your gifting style? I’m horrible with gift. If it is possible I rather gift ppl cash 💰🤣😂

December 22: Sound off on beauty advent calendars! Again none. I don’t like one size fit all or a bunch of minis

December 23: Who is someone special you're thinking of this season? Family and friends. This year I have a friend who is battling with cancer. She’s in lots of pain and we all pretty much helpless. I wish for a miracle that she’s better. 

December 24: What's a makeup look you are loving?  Gold and black eyeshadow and red lipstick 😘

December 25: Post a holiday wish! I wish nobody has to suffer heart attack, stroke nor cancer.

December 26: Any gifts you already know that you'll be returning? Probably none. I hate returning.

December 27: What is your favorite kind of sweater to wear in the winter? I work from home so any comfy, soft, baggy sweater or jacket would do 😘

December 28: If you could design a beauty gift set for the new year, what would be in it?  (And what price would it be?). I wish all brands would let customer custom travel spray (7 or 10 ml) of different scents. For example, trio of Killian, House of Sillage, Tom Ford etc for about $90-$100. Unfortunately these brands always want to much for their trios 😂🤣

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year? I don’t have a hack but I opt for using primer, a little or nothing of foundation with face powder and simple eyeshadow look (1 or 2 shades)

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year? I’m all over the place I think but I check on What’s on Your Plate thread the most since I’m learning to cook/bake more 🤣😂

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise. Buy none or at least less. 😂🤣🤣

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year?

I don't think any LOL. I'm not very good with "hacks" in general, but I hope someone else posts a good one. 

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year? None sadly.

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • unnamed.gif
  • shutterstock_748781014.jpg
  • giphy.gif
  • AznAngelLiz_0-1639002863766.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_1-1639002887567.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_2-1639002915153.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_3-1639002948296.jpeg
  • 2XdA.gif
  • snow day 2.jpg
  • wreath 2.jpg