Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

This is a special area for us to talk about all the fun of the season.  No matter what you celebrate or how, we want to share it!  This is a thread inspired by those of veronika23 from yesteryear.  You can post about beauty, memories, traditions or anything you want.

unnamed.gif

I'd like to continue with the idea of having a prompt for each day.  Feel free to post as often as you'd like...and to add your own prompts.  

December 1: What puts you in the holiday spirit the most?

December 2: What fragrance gives you total holiday vibes?

December 3: What holiday movies are on your watch list?  Which ones haven't you seen yet?

December 4: Who would you like to kiss under the mistletoe?

December 5: What is your decorating style?

December 6: If you could give Santa an insane beauty wish-list, what would be on it?

December 7: What traditions do you like to follow?  Are there any new ones you want to start?

December 8: What holidays songs (or singers) are some of your favorites?  (And which ones do you cringe when you hear?!)

December 9: What was the best gift you ever received?  What gift was the best you ever gave?

December 10: What kind of greeting cards are your favorite to send...and to receive?

December 11: What is your go-to holiday red (or pink) lip?

December 12: Snow...yay or nay?

December 13: Do you have a favorite holiday drink?  

December 14: What holiday sale do you look forward to the most?

December 15: Do you have a most-loved holiday food or snack?

shutterstock_748781014.jpg

December 16: What's your best (and worst!) holiday grab-bag experience?!

December 17: Is there a holiday memory that stands out for you?

December 18: What kind of nail art are you into this year?

December 19: What holiday TV shows/episodes are your nearest and dearest?

December 20: What beauty product has been your saving grace this year?

December 21: What's your gifting style?  

December 22: Sound off on beauty advent calendars!

December 23: Who is someone special you're thinking of this season?

December 24: What's a makeup look you are loving?  

December 25: Post a holiday wish!

December 26: Any gifts you already know that you'll be returning?

December 27: What is your favorite kind of sweater to wear in the winter?

December 28: If you could design a beauty gift set for the new year, what would be in it?  (And what price would it be?)

December 29: What beauty hacks did you use this year?

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise.

giphy.gif

P.S. I'm posting this off the cuff, so I may be editing the OP.

Re: BIC's 2021 Holiday Fun and Year End Countdown!!!

Here are the "resolutions" and "plan" without the TLDR version from a past thread I just did. These are short and sweet and get to the point. The Beauty Related:

a-girl-is-planning-her-new-year-s-resolutions-free-vector.jpeg

• get a solid and detailed skin-care routine down for both morning and night
  • I am forbidding myself from using Sephora Insider Points on sample-size blind purchases.
  • keeping track of my empties
  • participate more in this community
  • large no-buy + leave my purchases to the times of "good deals".
  • starting to actually participate in a project pan mission
  • do some intense decluttering of my current stash

The Non-Beauty Related:

• get a better paying job
  • be more present in my every day life 
  • honor my emotions and dissect them more

The full detailed version can be found at: 2022 Beauty Resolutions/Goals 

@QueenMarceline - Regarding your points, you have to redeem some of your points every 12 months or they will expire.  I understand what you mean about 100 pts = $100, but that's money already spent, so technically your pts are going for a "free" deluxe sample (yeah, I know).  This year, I redeemed mine for three items.  Over the years, I've picked up several perfumes; many I would not have tried otherwise.

Beauty Insider Point Expiration

It's our hope that you redeem your Beauty Insider Points on a regular basis. All unredeemed Beauty Insider Points will expire when a program member has not engaged in Beauty Insider Point activity associated with that membership account (through purchase or redemption) for 12 months or more.

@Titian06 Oh I definitely still use my points but I have had no issue saving them up because I do make purchases at Sephora quite frequently. Even with my planned "no buy" 2022 I'll still be re-stocking on my usual items and things I go through regularly at the VIB sales and likely I'll forget something and drop by more times throughout the year. I'm fairly certain I've gone at least a year before without redeeming any points but they always carry over because I make purchases regularly. I specifically want to avoid "trying" new things while using these points because when you hate the product... oof. I'm sure that I'll still shell out points for travel sizes because I do travel frequently and I love having those on hand. I actually think I got 2 amika sets for 500 pts not too too long ago because I love all the products in it and I live off those minis on vacations/trips. For now, I'm about 500 pts away from being able to redeem another Rouge Reward so I've got my eyes on the prize and hopefully I can get lucky again to snag it early at the bazaar 😊

@QueenMarceline - Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying.  Sorry about that!  Thanks for setting me straight! 😱

@Titian06 Hahah, no worries. My wording was a little confusing 🙂

Dec. 31: My resolutions this year focus on routines, routines, routines! I take the best care of myself when I am paying attention to how I’m spending my day and being purposeful about it. When I moved many of my routines (and routine related items) went away so I’ve slowly been needing to restart and rebuy a lot of it. But I’ve got my things, I’ve got a plan, and I’m ready(ish) to go. It will be huge when my new exercise bike is delivered next week. I needed to sell my old one when I moved and that was a huge part of my fitness routine. Upgrade this time though! Before I had just a basic one I put in front of my TV and would ride it during the 4th quarter of football games but now I’m getting one of them fancy ones with the screen where I can ride all over the world and take live classes and such. So I’m looking forward to that. 

@alexasteph That bike sounds like so much fun, I've always wanted to invest in something like that but before I do I'm trying to convince myself I have to "prove" I'll actually use it so... that means I have to hit the gym! 😁😂

@QueenMarceline Totally get what you mean about feeling like you have to prove you’d use it! That’s why I got a lower end and basic one to start. When I found I was in fact using it quite a bit, it seemed buying a higher end one was justified. 

@alexasteph OOOH, that might be a good route. Is there a lower-end one you feel good about recommending? I like to exercise but I hate leaving the house... so the gym is a chore for me.

@QueenMarceline Mmm… it was just one I got delivered from Amazon. Around $120 I think. And it was blue, if that helps haha. But it was pretty solid! It had a resistance dial, and a little screen that would track time, miles, speed, etc. The only thing was the pedal would click but it didn’t hold it up or snag, it was still smooth. It just made a noise. Could have been how I assembled it haha. I don’t remember the exact name of it though, sorry! 

@alexasteph That's fine, thank you for the response. I'll definitely try to find it or something similar to it so that I can be a more fit homebody. 😂

@alexasteph @Moving really does just throw a wrench in everything!! Totally agree with the routine thing as well; it’s so easy to just get off course when you’re in a new space !!! 

my non beauty resolution is to get my closet under control lol. I never really organized after I moved and it’s just escalated from there and now I can’t find any of my clothes easily. 

@Kim888 I feel that… when I moved it took me months to unpack all of my clothes and shoes. Traveling for Thanksgiving finally prompted me to do it because I needed the suitcase… hahaha. 

Honestly, my beauty resolution this year is to NOT renew Rouge status or Diamond status. The perks just aren't there and I already have so many things in my stash. I'm not planning an official no/low buy but just trying to cut back. 

December 31: Post a resolution - be it beauty or otherwise.  A low- or no-buy at least for the first few months of 2022 🤑 and better housekeeping (much better 😄).  I really dislike cleaning! 😝

Happy new year everyone! 🥳

DEC 31 - This one is my favourite. I need to post 2 😎 New Years Resolutions:

1 - Better Meal Planning - I have a new meal planning book and i have used it for 2 wks now and it makes life much easier after working. I want to do this because after a long day of work it is hard to think of a meal and it will help with the shopping list

2 - Level up on the Sephora Community. I have been a member for years and want to get more involved in 2022 so hoping i will be able to move up!!

I'm late to the party but I'll participate at the tail end 🙂

December 30: What BIC threads were you on the most this year?

Probably a tie between the Dynamite December Hauls 2021 and also The Perfume Challenge 

@QueenMarceline Better late than never!

@Mellmars1185 Ain't that the truth! 🙂

334 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • unnamed.gif
  • shutterstock_748781014.jpg
  • giphy.gif
  • AznAngelLiz_0-1639002863766.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_1-1639002887567.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_2-1639002915153.jpeg
  • AznAngelLiz_3-1639002948296.jpeg
  • 2XdA.gif