Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

What are you wearing today?

Was asked to post an updated thread. Let's continue the fun shall we?

What are you wearing today?

1. nars sheer glow foundation, mont blanc

2. perricone md no bronzer bronzer

3. urban decay eyeshadow primer potion, original

4. too faced chocolate bar palette

5. benefit theyre real mascara

6. rimmel london stay matte powder, natural

7. benefit dallas

8. nars blush, sin

9. buxom full on lipstick, las vegas

Re: What are you wearing today?

@ghrelin thanks it sort of looked okay in person after I put blush on but still. meh, it's too high maintenance for me.

@Blackwhiskey You may not like it, but what you did here looks really pretty. The smokey eyes balance it out very nicely!

@vegchililover78 thank you veggie, I guess I just have to get used to seeing myself with pinkish colors, I've never been a big fan, so I don't know what bug bit me when I ordered this, lol.

I posted my Kylie Cosmetics haul in December, and just started dipping into her eyeshadows. They're decent, but they don't beat my ABH palettes.

Kylie-burgundy-Jan24.jpg

Kylie-burgundy-Jan24-2.jpg

Spoiler
Too Faced Born this Way foundation (Vanilla)
MAC Pro Longwear concealer (NC20)
Kylie Cosmetics The Burgundy Palette (Beach, Penny, Burgundy, Brick, Dubai) - mattes are great, shimmers not so much :S
Stila liquid liner
Too Faced BTS waterproof mascara
ABH Brow Wiz (Dark Brown)
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer
Tarte Exposed blush
Becca Champagne Pop
Revlon matte balm (Sultry)

@Melissa136  This is a gorgeous look!  Your shadow blending skills are totally on point!  💗💗💗

ETA:   My daughter says your look is #FleekoftheWeek, which is the highest compliment in her world 😊

And we both agree that Kylie shadows don't quite compare to ABH in texture/formula, but we love the colors (I have burgundy and she has bronze).  

Thanks @Tamara76, and say thanks to your daughter as well! Her compliment made me smile 🙂

@Melissa136  That look is so elegant!  Very striking in it's simplicity.  It's like your lips are as bold as the sun and your eyes are the sky as it sets.  I love it.

@ghrelin super off topic but I love your name. I'm always hungry and often wonder if they'll ever figure out a way to shut ghrelin down without causing other side effects.

@liv545  Thank you!  I think the pharmaceutical companies are always trying to figure it out.  Or at  the very least to increase Leptin to offset higher levels of Ghrelin, or find out how to decrease Leptin resistance.  I think if anything is ever developed, that company will make a ton of money for sure.

I know everyone's body is different, but for me, the best way I've found to decrease hunger and increase satiety is to follow a keto/LCHF diet, but a low sugar and/or paleo diet has helped a lot of other people I know too.  But then I have friends who swear that being vegan helps them not be hungry!  Bodies are strange and mystical things!! 

I do definitely feel your pain though.  Being hungry all the time really sucks 😞  I've totally gone through that before.

@ghrelin One of my friends is doing keto and she swears by it.  I was doing fantastic with the no sugar one and then fell off the wagon in November when I got married. I felt obligated to eat our super fancy cake and it was all downhill from there. Sugar has always been my biggest weakness. We'll just have to hope for strength and personal willpower!

@liv545  That sugar!   They say it's as powerful as cocaine in the brain!  Have you seen That Sugar Film?  I think it's on Amazon Prime right now if you have that service.  It was pretty good.

Congrats on getting married!  I'm sure you'll get back on the no-sugar bandwagon.  I think getting married is a totally legit reason to fall off the wagon. 😄

@ghrelin I fully agree that sugar is that addictive! I will look for That Sugar Film. I'm a documentary watcher for sure. Fed Up was pretty insightful as well. Forks Over Knives is my all time favorite though as far as food docs go. And thank you! It was such a beautiful wonderful magical day! The cake was so worth it.

@ghrelin Thank you! Your description is beautiful Heart

i looooove this!! do you think the palette is worth purchasing @Melissa136? they seem to get spotty reviews. that lid shade is so extra ❤️

@unfungirl Her mattes are amazing. On par with ABH in terms of pigmentation and how well they blend. They are a little more dry and harder in comparison. Her shimmers are hit or mess. Dubai is the lid shade, and it lacks pigmentation. It was the one shade I was extremely excited about, but I had to dip in a lot and use Fix+ to get the opacity you see.

I am happy with the Burgundy palette, but I'm not in a hurry to get more unless she comes out with a stunning colour scheme. It gets compared a lot to the Modern Renaissance palette, which I have. I like her mattes as compliments to MR since sometimes I want a different crease shade than what MR has to offer.

TL;DR Her mattes are awesome and her shimmers are hit or miss. If you like a strong shimmer, be prepared to use them wet. If not, then they are pretty subtle for daytime wear!

thanks for the run down @Melissa136! i'm sure i already have dupes of the shades, i just like the cohesiveness of the palette. i think for the cost it would have to perform better for me to justify purchasing it though!

Anonymous Insider

@Melissa136Your blending is beautiful!

@Anonymous Thank you! The palette has beautiful mattes that mesh well with each other. I credit those for my blending 😄

That eye color is so soooo pretty! I'm totally going to try it tomorrow!!

@liv545 I'm really into burgundies and oranges! Never thought I would love them on me, but they're so appropriate this season

@Melissa136 me too!!!! It was browns and nudes with me for years. (And the occasional green and gold for football season) and now I'm all about the reds and oranges. I didn't like ABH MR at first and now it's my go to.

88,857 Replies
testing