cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

* 11-27-18, last update for the year! *

Hi everyone, We are almost to the last month of our challenge, time flew by fast! For December, sonnydee, scott1201, and eshoe have an idea for a sub challenge called “Deluxe December” Use up as many deluxe samples as you wish! As always, post your progress weekly, or end of the month- whenever you want- including foil samples too. Thanks to all contributors, (anyone can participate at any time). ❤️

My One Hit Wonder update.

Deluxe December update. only one. 🙄 which I hated. I knew right away that it had alcohol in it. it burned my cheek where I had a healing pimple🤬 so I used the rest as lotion on my legs. it didnt even hydrate my legs. 😲 glad done!

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

Just a few this week.421E8BD0-762A-4C2F-93DC-4F3FECAF8A40.jpeg

Not the best week for me as I only tried 5 samples but received 10, so the YTD totals are now 656 used and 451 received. Really nothing to say about any of the samples I used, nothing stood out. in my defense I am trying a number of deluxe samples and hopefully will have more to post next week. Coming down to the end of my New Year's resolution for 2018, I have made a dent in my samples stash so I am pleased.

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

The Deluxe December sample-pace is a little slower than I expected! Only finished 4 samples (3 deluxe) this week (I think I’m at 8 deluxe samples for the month). All are super-duper, enthusiastic LIKES. First let me say that the Dior Addict Lacquer Plump in Glitteratti was the most fun sample I’ve had in a long time. Beautiful, fun, micro glitter in a nude base made it feel like a party girl every time I used it. Great shine that stayed on a reasonable amount of time and the glitter did not migrate. Don’t know where they got the idea to call it “plump” though bc it seemed like regular lip gloss (but extra fun). STRONG likes for the PTR 24k Gold Mask. Surprisingly hydrating and skin looked great after. Actually, skin looked great while wearing it: all golden, moist, and shimmery. I was thrilled that it had crushed up peridot (birthstone) in it, in addition to the gold. Really liked the DE La La, especially for drier winter skin. But I don’t think it’s my HG. I’m leaning more toward Protini. Always have LIKED the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. It was my HG until I started the Foil Sample Challenge and got exposed to four cleansers I like a little bit better. But I still love that it’s gentle and smells like cucumbers.

Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

I just love the LaLa Retro cream, it’s perfect for dry winter skin or as a nighttime moisturizer. I also love the Protini also, I use it as my daytime moisturizer! If you have normal/combination or oily skin then Protini is your best option! They’re both great for my dry skin! I add a hyaluronic acid serum during the day so that the Protini becomes even better at hydrating without oils ( if your skin is oily ).😉

Ooooh, I would love to hear which cleansers you liked better, @christyrc!

RE: Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

@eshoe My top four cleansers, all discovered thanks to the magic of samples: 1. Youth to the People Superfood (Kale, Green Spinach) Cleanser 2. Korres Yoghurt Cleanser 3. Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser 4. Tatcha The Deep Cleanse. Honestly, Fresh Soy Cleanser would be number 5, but it’s still very lovable.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

I love every cleanser you mentioned. That YTTP is too drying for my skin so I use it as hand soap now🙄 @christyrc, but I absolutely love it!

DS update:C860B5BD-4161-4C8F-BDA7-73AAEDB0675E.jpeg

Spoiler
Wouldn’t repurchase the Clarins although it’s decent, and the skyn is a wee bit too drying for my skin nowadays. There is about one use left in the REN, Briogeo, and DERMAdoctor. I still haven’t touched the Kopari🙄.

@eshoe I find all Skyn Iceland products too drying for my skin. I havent tried the eye mask, which I'm sure is fine. I remember years ago really liking the line but not so much now.

I’ve only tried the eye patches from Skyn Iceland and I really enjoy them @GG84 ! I haven’t tried anything else from this brand! I have already dry skin so I guess that I’ll only use the eye masks! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! 😉

Did you ever try their Fresh Start Mask @GG84? It’s a two-step mask that gets foamy. I used to love that one but I’m guessing it would be too drying as well as it’s been a couple of years since I used it and my skin has changed. It was a good mask though.

My one hit wonders update. Liked the origins enough to order the ds that is on promo now. P, md. smelled weird but was ok.

A few samples for the week.8C1ABACC-E669-4316-994D-61528086B656.jpeg

Spoiler
I think I found my medium-full foundation replacement I’ve been looking for. I needed a better-performing one and the Armani Luminous Silk was amazing. I finally understand what ‘buildable’ means as this was forgiving (giving me plenty of time to brush around and play with), while giving my skin a very believable (not caked) finish. The Face Fabric felt so velvety, it was gorgeous and was so very soft. I just need/want a little less matte finish. 

The Dior Glow Better was a fantastic mask and I would easily call it a love if I preferred physical exfoliators. It is very gentle, and has a lovely scent.  The Clarins SOS Hydra was good, but I prefer the Nourishing mask over this one. The Maison Margiela was ok, nothing spectacular. Most of their perfumes have a powdery finish I don’t really care for, but it wasn’t bad. The Lancôme was ok also, I used it for a DIY sheet mask and if anything, was just impressed at how much serum those sheet masks hold!

My December Deluxe challenge update. I wish SDJ made travel sizes. Alterna Bamboo was ok, my hubby liked it-even though he don't need it, but that's why I went thru just the shampoo so quickly😒The dry shampoo/the Estee was useless, glad they're done!

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

LOVES: already have purchased and been using the Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Like it better than the UD primer, IMO due to it squeezing out of a tube instead of having an applicator. LOVED the Algenist Liquid Collagen. Whoa. What a difference in texture and hydration after using it. Only downside was the heavy fragrance. LOVED the Bliss Lemon and Sage body butter. Low-key scent, very Moisturizing, non greasy. LIKED the UD Troublemaker mascara, particularly the innovative wand. However the wand did have a bit of a learning curve. I poked my eye a couple of times. Otherwise I had great Lash definition and zero clumping. Incredible length. Excellent mascara, but I’m not purchasing due to being in a committed relationship (for now) with Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes. LIKeD the Briogio Scalp Reivial. Great scent. Invigorating. But I could not go my usual two days w/o washing. I was greasy on day 2. Big question mark on the Diorshow mascara. Got one use out of it. Kind of crappy packaging that allowed air in and it dried up even before I opened it. Cool, huge spoolie for application. Wish it had worked out. Last pic is Deluxe Samples I’m working toward finishing before 2019.

Wow you finished so many of your minis! @christyrc Great job. It's such a bitter sweet feeling 😛

-Helen

Another cheer for the Algenist, @christyrc@keana1! It does so well at hydrating my dry winter skin.

I also love the Algenist Collagen serum @christyrc ! I’ve used up my samples that I had received as a GWP and I had 3 mini bottles of it ( I have one left ) . It’s such a great product, I find the fragrance OK , it doesn’t bother me at all! I just wish that it didn’t contain fragrance but that won’t deter me from eventually buying it! I also love the Tarte mascara, it’s one of my favourites, the other one being Monsieur Big from Lancome . I have the UD Troublemaker mascara but I haven’t tried it yet! Thanks for review of the UD Troublemaker, I’ll try not to poke my eyes with the wand ! 

Tried 9 samples this week and received 14; for new YTD totals of 651 used 441 received. Getting down to the end of the year and seeing more space as I deplete my stash. Lots of repeats which is expected but did love the Drybar Heat Protecting Spray and the Clarins Night cream. Clarins us a new favorite as their products deliver without being too expensive. Working on many deluxe samples as I have no new foils. Let's see how the rest if the month goes. Have a great weekend everyone.. sorry for the terrible picture.

701 Replies
testing