cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

* 11-27-18, last update for the year! *

Hi everyone, We are almost to the last month of our challenge, time flew by fast! For December, sonnydee, scott1201, and eshoe have an idea for a sub challenge called “Deluxe December” Use up as many deluxe samples as you wish! As always, post your progress weekly, or end of the month- whenever you want- including foil samples too. Thanks to all contributors, (anyone can participate at any time). ❤️

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge January 2018

Sorry for the late response, @txcatx- I only get random notifications.

Maybe I had unreasonable expectations, but I thought it didn't do as much for me as I'd hoped. It didn't plump up the saggy area that I had it done on near my eyes and it was supposed to plump up the area where I have an icepick acne scar- didn't do much there at all. I've since had the scar lasered and that did work, though it was much more expensive.

@txcatx  I use the Ultra Repair Cream as hand cream all the time! It's great for that!

Yup! I do this too @veronika23. 🙂

@PrettyPaint  Cool!  You know... I wonder what happened to their concentrate. I used to love that stuff for winter but can't seem to find it now 😞

@veronika23 Hmmm I don’t think I’ve tried the concentrate.

@PrettyPaint  That was a life saver for bad/cracked winter hands.  I wonder why it's not available anymore 😞

That's such a great idea, @veronika23, I never thought of this. I must have at least 20 of these from Ipsy, ULTA and Sephora. I swear every GWP contains the cream or the face wash, gah!

@prettyinpa  It absorbs pretty fast and keeps my hands soft... so I love it for that!  I alternate between that and others... one of my absolute fav hand creams for night though is maple blondie from Barefoot Venus. It's a Canadian company. I love how thick it is. I use it every night before bed. 🙂

@veronika23 I’ve never heard of that one. My hands are always terrible, so I’m looking it up.

@PrettyPaint  They mostly sale direct. I've seen them in a few shops but buying direct might be your best option. Sign up for emails... they sometimes have deals 🙂

I did a big foil purge in the fall so I don't have as many to use up, but like someone else mentioned I also have a bad habit of saving them for travel and then end up using mostly DS items. I am only going to save the foils I don't have DS of for traveling.

January foils to use, not a ton but I think it's realistic given my recent low use. 12 products total. 

foilsjan18.jpg

Anonymous Insider

@CC3616 if I have a DS and foils of the same product that are the same "product age" I empty the foils into the DS and it makes me much more likely to use them! Or if I have an empty DS container I empty the foils into it 🙂 I recently did this with all my sunday riley tidal cream foils and I'm finally going through them all!

I do the same thing. It really helps manage my foils better.

I do the same thing. It really helps manage my foils better.

Great idea @angel7594, I will be sharing my empty foil packets. There are too many of them!

Awesome @darkiceis! Thank you for joining! ❤️

I forgot to mention in my posting that I will share my foil choices once a week, and I will be back tomorrow with the first week photo! Thanks to everyone who has joined in the challenge so far! 🙂

I need to do this myself. It's ridiculous how many samples I have. I'll post a pic when I get home from work.

foils.jpgHere are my samples for January! I know it looks like a lot, but it is so cold and dry right now, that I'm using twice as much moisturizer as usual! 

let me know what you think of the face masks. I'm trying...

let me know what you think of the face masks. I'm trying to see what new one I want to try

I really like the rose masks--both the Peter Thomas Roth...

I really like the rose masks--both the Peter Thomas Roth and Fresh. I find that rose helps sooth my skin, which is prone to blotchiness. I wear the PTR one over night, and I wear the Fresh one after using irritating deep cleaning masks. They help with my acne as well, which I wasn't expecting. I'm not super impressed with PTR's pumpkin enzyme mask. It's gentle and can be used twice a week, but it's not any better than any other exfoliating or enzyme mask I've ever used. I'll let you know what I think of the pearl sheet mask when I use it. 😉

Wow, I started using my foils last year. Be back when I take pictures of what I used up

2 Replies
testing