cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

* 11-27-18, last update for the year! *

Hi everyone, We are almost to the last month of our challenge, time flew by fast! For December, sonnydee, scott1201, and eshoe have an idea for a sub challenge called “Deluxe December” Use up as many deluxe samples as you wish! As always, post your progress weekly, or end of the month- whenever you want- including foil samples too. Thanks to all contributors, (anyone can participate at any time). ❤️

I wanted to post a mid-month update. I've used 27 foils s...

I wanted to post a mid-month update. I've used 27 foils so far this month. I received about 17 more foils this month. I will probably end up donating a lot of them as soon as I find a place that will take them. I also finished up a few DSs.

Week 2 for using up my samples/foils was a success; used...

Week 2 for using up my samples/foils was a success; used 10 and received 0. Total YTD 15 used 0 received. Won't be able to say that next week as I ordered from Tatcha and should be receiving their 2018 lucky bag.

BTW i loved the IGK coconut oil gel and the Tarte Rainfor...

BTW i loved the IGK coconut oil gel and the Tarte Rainforst of the Sea Hydrating Boost. There were a few I didn't like but those will remain nameless.

just a soft separated look. I have medium length, straigh...

just a soft separated look. I have medium length, straight hair. I too love the scent.

Re: BTW i loved the IGK coconut oil gel and the Tarte Rainfor...

@CorgiMommy Which application did you use for the coconut oil gel? I have a deluxe sample and have given it a few tries to no avail. I want to love it because it smells so good!!! 😛

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge January 2018

Lol oh lawd jesus have mercy on me, I probably have hundreds of foils. I will accept this challenge but will start once it isn’t -30 outside and once my face rash is gone!

uhh I so need to do this haha thanks for the challenge!!

uhh I so need to do this haha thanks for the challenge!!

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge January 2018

Love the concept. I have a bin of foils

In an effort to use up my foils/samples, here is what I h...

In an effort to use up my foils/samples, here is what I have used up since January 1. 5 samples used 0 new samples received. At this rate I will be down to zero samples sometime in my lifetime. BTW where is the January VIB/Rouge gift with purchase?

I also liked the Hourglass Veil primer.

I also liked the Hourglass Veil primer.
Anonymous Insider

Re: I also liked the Hourglass Veil primer.

@CorgiMommy

The Hourglass primer is in on my 2018 pan it! project. It's a good one - I just forgot about it; love it for my oily T-zone.

I loved the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask; did wonders for...

I loved the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask; did wonders for my dry skin.
Anonymous Insider

RE: I loved the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask; did wonders for...

Agree @CorgiMommy. I finished my jar of the Laneige Sleeping Mask about a week or so ago. It's so good; my skin loved it. Am trying out some other sleeping masks at the moment but I will definitely be repurchasing the Laneige one.
Anonymous Insider

RE: In an effort to use up my foils/samples, here is what I h...

So many good items used @CorgiMommy. Which ones did you like?

I used the Origins 10 Minutes to the Rescue face mask sample.  While the mask certainly felt good on my face, it had no results.  😞 

Another sample I've tried recently is the Fresh Caramel lip balm.  I have the Sephora app, and had been wanting to try the balm since it came out on the app, but I was unfortunately disappointed.  It smells amazing (and just like caramel!), but it did nothing good for my lips.  I don't feel like spending $18 a pop for lip balm either.

My skin is on the sensitive side, so I try not to make it mad with products with fragrance. I also avoid trying too many new products at once. So, in an effort to reduce the dozens of moisturizer samples I have laying around, I've been using the foils as hand cream. The First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream is great!

Also, I've been on the market for a new eye cream or two, so I've been using samples of Caudalie Resveratrol Eye Lifting Balm and Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye. Both seem good at moisturizing, but I can't say they do much for the crow's feet that's just starting to develop. Hmm, maybe I should give microneedling a try...

RE: Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge January 2018

My skin is not super sensitive, but I use samples that aren’t a good fit for my face on my hands instead. I don’t like to use too many samples at a time or close together because I want to not which product is causing the results or reaction 🙂

this, this is a great idea! I would love to join this too...

this, this is a great idea! I would love to join this too since I have pounds of samples but I can't put random things on my face. I am not down to have my face flip on me.😂😂

I like that idea @txcatx! I always hesitate to use things I’m not familiar with on my face, that would be s great way to use things up. I’ve done it with DS but for some reason didn’t think about it for foils!

@txcatx- If you get microneedling done near your eyes, have them do one side per visit. The person at the cosmetic dermatologist did both my eyes on the same day and my eyes swelled shut before I could finish driving home and I had to have someone come and get me and leave my car in a random spot. Then we had to both go get it the next day, not cool at all.

Ohh, that's really good to know. Thanks for the tip, @prettyinpa! What did you think of the microneedling experience and results?

testing