Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Thx you @Titian06 โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’‹

Congratulations @blackkitty2014!

Thx you @Loretta55 . I hope yours come soon ๐Ÿ˜˜

Thank you @blackkitty2014. Hopefully I will receive this gratis before Valentines Day.

@blackkitty2014 awwwww that card is so sweet!! Congratulations

Thx you @lmaster .... Cant wait to see yours ๐Ÿ˜‰

@gonerogue  Sooo cute!!! Enjoy!

@gonerogue Congrats on this gratis. Now I know whatโ€™s coming tomorrow. 

Oooh lala! @gonerogue  can't wait to hear about them.

What a nice surprise @gonerogue!

Thank you @Sephora@alterna & @TeamBIC!  I came home the other day to find a completely unexpected package sitting on my porch.  I opened it to discover the ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Agingยฎ Replenishing Moisture CC Cream 5.1 oz / 150 mL inside.  Based on the product description I am super excited to try it out!  It helps with damage, frizz AND increases shine?  YES PLEASE!  

20200205_075922.jpg

@Guessgal@missjeanie@tsavorite@quspork@Loretta55@CookieGirl1@ather (tagging you all because you expressed interest in hearing my review).

I have tried out the ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Agingยฎ Replenishing Moisture CC Cream 5.1 oz / 150 mL twice so far and I have got to say, my hair feels AMAZING!  To be honest, I was a little afraid to try it because when I first opened the bottle up the fragrance seemed overwhelming.  I'm a "I'll try *almost* anything once kind of girl" so I went for it and I am really glad I did.  My hair feels so insanely soft that I can't stop touching it.  The strong fragrance definitely seemed to dissipate a lot when I blow dried & my hair both looks and feels healthy.  Where I think this product really excels is in the increased softness, increased shine and reduced frizz.  I use the Drybar The Double Shot Blow-Dryer Brush & it just seemed to glide through my hair with this product, so that was also a win.  Where I think the product falls a little short (and maybe this is just me needing to manage my expectations) is as a styling cream.  I couldn't get my hair to hold the style even a little with just this alone, so had to add in my usual mousse.  I do think I get a little bit more lift/body in the roots of my hair with the other blow dry serum that I use, but I also suspect that's because the other serum isn't as good for my hair as this one is.  All in all, I can absolutely see adding this into rotation as I do feel that my hair is healthier with using this.  I just also think there are just some days where you're willing to sacrifice health for body. 

For the record, my hair is color treated & fine.  My hair concerns are frizz, dryness, dullness and a lack of body.  

Thanks for your insightful review @mrsmouse! The prospect of having super soft hair is very alluring! I donโ€™t have much body to my hair either, but I suspect itโ€™s bc itโ€™s very long and weighed down. Will have to look into a similar mousse like the one you mentioned ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

My hair is about bra band level, so I hear you on the length weighing it down a little @Guessgal.  I've wound up cutting some layers in it to help try to give it a little more chance at body & of course the mousse with the blow drying helps too.  Laugh if you will, but I even poof the top and put a clip in before bed to hold it while I'm sleeping to try to add more body.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?  ๐Ÿ˜‰

@mrsmouse  I know I have a few smaller bottles of this and really enjoy it. Itโ€™s a good reminder reading your review to get back to it after so many other, not as great, products came into my life. 

I am actually so glad that I got to try this @missjeanie  because I would not have picked up on my own due to being afraid that the fragrance would be too strong.  I just can't get over how soft my hair feels after using it.  Do you have the same experience with it?  I just keep running my hand through my hair.  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you for providing the review @mrsmouse. I use a  mousse like product and massage it into my roots for volume. 

Good idea @Loretta55๐Ÿ™‚

You're really making me want to try this, @mrsmouse

I'm not trying to be an enabler @CookieGirl1, but I am still amazed at how soft my hair feels!

Sounds great so far, @mrsmouse!

testing