Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Boo hiss indeed!  Good thing you get the final say in that fight- into the garbage it goes! 

@WinglessOne 

So I received a gratis last week and I have tried a few out! 

Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL Iโ€™ve been wanting to try this out since it came out. I used it as an over night mask and right now my skin is sooo dry. It made my skin feel so good the next morning. I definitely will repurchase this as an over night mask. I havenโ€™t mixed it with DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboosโ„ข Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serumbut I will this week and report back. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Rose Quartz Facial Roller I love this!! I have a mini one and this one is way better!! It feels like a spa treatment every night when I use it. I will use this every night forever!!

FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask I used this one night before I used the f balm and it felt so nice. I havenโ€™t used much from this brand yet and I was a little worried it would break me out but it didnโ€™t. This mask felt so good after. I felt my skin was nice and calm! 

the voluspa candle is so nice. I love the scent. I have already looked into getting a full size but I havenโ€™t found one. Hopefully I find it. 

Congratulations on this amazing gratis!! @ather I didn't see where you posted the products your received

@lmaster  Oh no. I piggybacked on another post with the same items!

What thread did you post it on? @ather 

Oooooooo @ather ๐Ÿ‘

@lmaster  I know. So many goodies. Iโ€™m a lucky girl!!!  Also Iโ€™ve gotten like 3 packages last week and my husband got the mail today and he had a Sephora box and he was like another one ๐Ÿ˜ณ it wasnโ€™t suppose to be here already. Lol

Baahaaahaaaa ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฆ @ather I wish you would share your hauls girl!!! Let me live through you!!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  Iโ€™ll try to start taking pictures!! I always forget. And just add it to the pile of stuff I have lol

Pics!!!! Pics!!!! @ather ๐Ÿ˜†

So finally have some updates on the December gratis. ๐Ÿ™‚  After reading up on the Virtue Labs serum I don't think it's suited for me... I don't think it would be fair to review a product for split ends if I don't have any... or major damaged for that matter. If anyone has used it and doesn't have these hair problems please let me know as I will give it a go. ๐Ÿ™‚  I also want to point out that the Consonant HydrExtreme is already a product I use and love. It's one of my HG! I know I've definitely talked about this one a lot on here. ๐Ÿ˜„

Dior Lip Glow Oil - pink

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/dior-lip-glow-oil-P453814

My first thoughts about this was that it's very awkward to hold. I feel as though the base is too small and in addition to that, its square form just makes it uncomfortable to hold.  The actual applicator is nice and wide, which I really love. I like the pretty light pink hue; it gives my lips a natural look with a high shine. When you first apply it, it is very soft and doesn't feel sticky but as time passes the shine wears off and it ends up feeling somewhat sticky. Overall though it is a nice product and pretty comfortable to wear.

I also want to add that on the box it says " More beautiful lips, even bare, after 5 days of application". So for fun I decided to try this out and just use this lip product for 5 days. I made it to day 4. lol.  While my lips were neither better or worse than when I first started the challenge, I just felt I needed my lip balm and decided to cut it one day short because of it. My lips weren't dry or hurting per se but I felt they needed nurturing so I used my HG lip balm.

It Cosmetics Pillow Lips Collagen-Infused Lipstick - Humble

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/it-cosmetics-pillow-lips-collagen-infused-lipstick-P454064

When I first opened this, the lipstick bullet came flying out of the tube... it had broken at the base. Not the best start but I managed to stick it back in and I was able to use it without resorting to a lip brush.  I don't find this color suits me but that being said the actual lipstick is creamy, pigmented, applies on smoothly and evenly and doesn't appear to settle into my lip lines. It does have great color payoff in one swipe but I do feel like it is a bit drying though. A good amount of color was still present after eating/drinking, it just wasn't that freshly applied look. Overall it's a pretty good lipstick, just a tad drying.

Gucci Rouge ร  Lรจvres Satin Lipstick - Goldie Red

The lipstick case design is really beautiful and even though I'm not a fan of red, this is a nice vibrant one. I'd say this lipstick is more on the sheer side even after 2 swipes. It somewhat reminds me of a more pigmented lip stain with higher shine... it feels even more that way as the hours go by and it starts to fade. I don't really feel like I am wearing anything when I have this one on but it does transfer easily and in some places it settled into my lip lines. This being a luxury item you would think it would perform better... sadly I'd say you're paying for the name with this product.

Lise Watier Lift & Firm 3D Eye patch 

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lift-firm-3d-eye-patch-P435783

I want to start by saying that I almost never see big improvements after using most eye patches, and this was no exception.They are comfortable to wear and feel nice and cool on the skin. I also like that they have a bit of weight to them which just adds to that relaxing feeling. They are easy to use, stay in place and no product dripping either. Every time I've used these so far the results have been minimal. There's a bit of brightness but not that much. I don't feel like they reduce signs of fatigue or aging on me but it does feel relaxing. I'll give them another go when I feel my under eye needs a real good boost and see if there's more of a difference then. Might be a while though...
@GG84  here's my review^^^, although unsure how helpful it will be for you. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Consonant Natural Foaming Face Wash

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/natural-foaming-face-wash-P404436

I love the feeling of the foam; it's nice, light and airy. I'm not a fan of the scent though, it smells somewhat odd and medicinal. It does a decent job at removing makeup and does leave my skin soft but at times I also found my skin felt dry/tight after use. It didn't feel as nice as when I use other cleansers. It's not bad, I just don't think it is best suited for my dry sensitive skin.

Glow Recipe Banana Souffle Moisture Cream

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-recipe-banana-souffle-moisture-cream-P453223

It does smell like bananas! The scent isn't too strong or overpowering and dissipates quickly. This cream is super light, fluid, a little slimy in a good way and you only need a small amount. It does absorb fast and I did notice that it helps with redness. The downfall for me is that this isn't enough during the cold winter months for my dry sensitive skin... I need something more.  I think it would probably work best in the daytime during the summer. I am very pleased though that it did seem to bring some redness down and will find a way to use this... maybe mix it with other moisturizers for the time being.

0191223g.jpg

@veronika23 , I'm so glad that you received this Gratis!  Thank you for your thoughts on these products!  All good to know!  This is a beautiful photo.

Thanks so much @tsavorite!!!

Congratulations @veronika23, this must be the best gratis Iโ€™ve seen yet, so happy you received it. More Consonant, too! The GR seems to be a unanimous hit. 

Thanks so much @eshoe! ๐Ÿ™‚

@veronika23 thanks for sharing your thoughts! those eye patches seem interesting!

Thanks @Kim888! I found them to be at least relaxing. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ooo I had no idea that Lise Watier even sold eye patches! Thanks for reviewing them! @veronika23 For me, I usually see optimal results wearing eye patches for 3 nights in a row, after that thereโ€™s diminishing returns as differences become slim after that point. So for 3 nights I find that my under eye area lightens gradually. Of course, the effect isnโ€™t long term so eventually Iโ€™ll have to repeat this process, but I like doing this leading up to an event. Just some thoughts if you want to try it this way ๐Ÿ™‚

That's a great tip! Thanks @Guessgal! ๐Ÿ™‚ I guess because I don't find my under eye area super problematic, I don't see a big difference but I like your idea and if I can't do it with these I'm sure I have more eye patches somewhere in my non-ending stash of masks. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„  Thanks!

Congrats on getting this gratis @veronika23! Love your photo - very pretty and fun! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™ Thank you for your reviews. Iโ€™m holding off on the GR moisturizer until the weather warms up a bit. It sounds like it would be better suited as an emulsion or a pre-moisturizer for our skin type. 

6 Replies
testing