Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Thanks @itsfi!  Yeah pre-moisturizer for our skin type for sure! ๐Ÿ™‚

@veronika23  Beautiful picture 

Thank you @ather  ๐Ÿ™‚

@veronika23 Love reading your thoughts! Thanks for sharing. 

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT

That's a fun gratis haul, @veronika23.  I wish that Lise Watier was more easily accessible in the States because some of the products look really pretty but it's a little harder of a brand--though not impossible--to get here.  Glad you're enjoying your gratis (and that banana moisturizer really does smell soooo good!)

Thanks @CookieGirl1! Yeah I previously heard that LW was harder to find in the US. Wonder if Sephora USA will ever carry it...

@veronika23 oh my gosh! It came flying out of the package?? Hopefully it didn't make a mess anywhere! Great reviews!

@lmaster  actually got lucky it stayed in one piece and ended up in an empty box. ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„  Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

So far I've used SMASHBOX - Mindful 5 Nourishing Primer Serumthree times. The scent, I'm going to assume it's the hemp oil, that gives the unpleasant scent, I'm getting past it but it's not a scent for everyone. I do find it helps my makeup stay put, and it has a bit of a tacky feel after applying it. I've used it with moisturizer and without. I tend to lean more towards not using moisturizer with this primer. At the moment, I would recommend this product, but not without also recommending you to get a sample and see if it's a scent you can handle applying on your skin. The good news is,, the scent fades away quickly. I've also recently had the time to try IT COSMETICS - Pillow Lips Collagen-Infused Lipstick @TeamBIC this is such a creamy formula. It feels so nice as it's being applied....I'll definitely be picking up more shades!! With only wearing it once, I know this is a formula I could wear all the time!!

@lmaster  Too bad it has a strong scent. 

The more I use it @ather I'm noticing the scent is changing if that's at all possible, I swear I smelled a hint of cocoa the other day ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜†

@lmaster  Hmm I can see it changing. Hard to say. I used dry shampoo today and I felt it was so strong. But I never noticed it before. 

How to get "gratis" products?

@alynicmol   You can receive gratis if youโ€™re an active and contributing member on the boards.  Itโ€™s completely random and there are no guarantees but being active is your best bet.  

Happy happy to receive the new Bite Beauty lipstick pencil from @TeamBIC ๐Ÿ˜˜.  I love the shade they sent me.  How did they know lol. Oninon from Bite.  Comes in 20 shades.  So pretty, I coordinated my makeup and outfit with it.  It goes on beautifully, full coverage, non greasy and I think itโ€™s plumping although it doesnโ€™t say that.  Feels like a balm, but way more pigment.  Smells good too.  Itโ€™s still on hours later and still moisturizing.  I have a fair size collection from Bite already and I know Iโ€™ll end up with some of these new pencils.  Paired it with a lipliner from them as well so I could get a true feel for the product.  Thank you BIC for this gift. โค๏ธ

4F893E9D-C4F7-4D43-B0B3-B359507CC69E.jpegDC1D5423-639A-4993-874B-4FDE01F29D0A.jpegDCA2F3A5-EB31-44D0-981C-E72739BF185B.jpegEF7FE2A8-601C-4ACF-9D81-DEF3635C25FD.jpeg

RE: Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

What a great gratis! It looks lovely

@2manyperfumes They look so pretty on you! Enjoy!

Best,

Rebecca

Congrats @2manyperfumes! Looks great on you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you @veronika23 ๐Ÿฅฐ

Congratulations,  @2manyperfumes!  Fantastic color!

testing