Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Thanks for the brief rundown, @missjeanie.  Good to hear that the tea tree in the deodorant isn't overly strong--I know that a lot of people actually enjoy the scent but it definitely isn't a fav of mine.  And I want to smell the Briogeo honey mask!  My SiJCP doesn't have it but next time I go to a flagship store I really want to check it out.  Gotta admit it, the packaging is so cute!  Congrats on your gratis :).

Thanks @CookieGirl1 !  I haven't even used the Briogeo honey mask yet, but I can smell it whenever I walk by the bottle!

I'm almost done with my current deodorant @missjeanie. I'm curious how I'll handle the tea tree since I definitely didn't like the tea tree scent in face masks. I found the with the farmacy that I felt like I needed more by mid-day but at the price, applying twice a day gets expensive fast. It was good to try but not a purchase for me. I'm eager to compare the briogeo. Nice thinking on the backup deodorant! ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm not a fan of Tea Tree either @ShortErica , when I first put it on, I can really smell it, but after a minute the scent is gone for me.  I'm not sold on a switch over yet, but I'll give it this tube a shot.  Maybe if this one isn't quite the one, I'll give another natural one a shot?  We'll see how I'm feeling once I get towards the end of this one.  I'm going to be curious to see how you like this one comparatively. 

@missjeanie So far I've tried the farmacy and Schmidt's. The farmacy applied very smoothly but I felt the tube didn't last long. I want to say maybe 2 months. I also would want to reapply at work because I didn't feel fresh. The Schmidt's need to be warmed up to apply. It's a harder texture which is odd. I do think it's more effective though and unless I've done sports, I don't feel a need to have more of it. Using the very end of Schmidt's now. Briogeo next. Then I'm kinda curious about Native. I also need to see how long the Schmidt's lasted. I feel like I go through natural deodorant a lot faster than "normal" ones.

Ooo thatโ€™s very smart of you to bring a backup deodorant in case the Briogeo didnโ€™t work out. Itโ€™s good to hear it ended well and that the scent fades! I only apply deodorant once a day as well. If I do find I sweat a lot, it ends up being too late in the day for me to reapply (eg. on my way home already). @missjeanie 

Both of the days I felt the Briogio was starting to fail I was already home from work thankfully @Guessgal .  One day I went and snowblower the driveway and after that the deodorant was pretty much non existant. I might try bumping up to twice a day. But itโ€™ll be an odd habit to start I think lol

Congrats!โคโคI've noticed at least with the Farmacy natural...

Congrats!โคโคI've noticed at least with the Farmacy natural deodorant, you apply more than once a day. i haven't tried the Briogeo yet. But i also live in Florida so there's that.....๐Ÿ– @missjeanie

Re: Congrats!โคโคI've noticed at least with the Farmacy natural...

Oh wow, Florida loving sounds amazing today @sonnydee ! I had to snowblow my driveway this morning before I could leave for work! 
move been using once a day in the morning, and so far itโ€™s been ok on most days, but if Iโ€™m doing anything other than just office work, I think I need the twice a day. Turns out Iโ€™m a sweaty mess when shoveling/blowing snow! 

@missjeanie @Congratulations on receiving this gratis

Thanks @SportyGirly125 , Iโ€™ve been having fun testing this week!

RE: Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

wow! You guys are so lucky to get gifts/gratis from Sephora! How do you get them? Do you need to earn points or spend a certain amount? Hopeful to know more about these. Would be so glad to get one too in the future.

Re: RE: Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@RosieJ18 You get chosen for the gratis from the Sephora team. 

Congrats on the gratis @missjeanie  looks like some really good products to try. 

RE: Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Congratulations on all those goodies! Enjoy ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿ’—

Congratulations on receiving this awesome gratis @missjeanie. I only use one serum at a time. My BA has me using a routine that is new to me to get a couple of skin issues under control.

Sometimes more simple can be better @Loretta55 !

Totally agree @missjeanie .

Congratulations on receiving this gratis @missjeanie! So far the deodorant is working really well for me too. I just wish it didnโ€™t smell so strong.

I agree @faeriegirl , itโ€™s a pretty strong scent, and Iโ€™d love if they had a few different versions. But I do find that after a while I donโ€™t notice it as much, maybe I just become nose blind to it after a half hour or it just dissipates for me?

Yay, Congratulations, @missjeanie! I'm not sure about the deodorant,  either.  I'll give it a try, but I ordinarily have to use my husband's Dove clinical (who thinks women don't sweat?)

testing