Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Thanks @GG84! The mascara and sunglasses combo was no good. Thanks for adding your experience with it. I enjoy trying mascaras and was happy Sephora sent this gratis my way.

@ShortErica  I really like the volumizing effect that it gives, though I found that I would get tiny mascara smudges on the tops of my eyelids once in a while. I think this particular mascara would maybe work better for me in the fall/winter when it's less hot. 

Hopefully the change in weather will help @PrettyPaint!

Thank you for the update @ShortErica. I did not receive the mascara as gratis plus I missed ordering the sample when it was offered as a GWP so I purchased it. I am not happy with the size of the wand and unfortunately it smudges every time I use it under my eyes. This will not be a repurchase.

That stinks @Loretta55. I think @tastelikewater had a not so good time with it too. I guess that's why there are so many different mascaras on the market.

I have never had success with Better Than Sex Mascara either @ShortErica. Too Faced Mascara formulas do not work for me.

@Loretta55 BTS was okay for me. Some days I had no flakes and other days it was very flakey. Luckily I didn't have many very flakey days but could never determine a cause and the inconsistency was frustrating. That one I'd give 3 stars. The two I had really bad times with were the Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara Black and Lancรดme HYPNร”SE DRAMA Instant Full Body Volume Mascara Excessive Black. Both flaked the whole day and couldn't last at all through a workout. At least they were easy to remove. Glad you know what doesn't work for you. Do you have a good one you enjoy?

I do have a couple of favorite mascaras @ShortErica

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara Black

Lancรดme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL

LANCรดME - Dร‰FINICILS - High Definition Mascara - Deep Black

I like the They're Real! @Loretta55. I think I have a sample of the Monsieur Big to try. But I didn't have a good time with the Lancome Definicils one. And then the lid cracked and I was over even trying to make it work. Currently I'm trying MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara and it's been fine. Still lots to test though. ๐Ÿ™‚

I think most BIC members have a stockpile of Mascara to get through @ShortErica.Have fun trying them!

I bought 2 lash stash kits and the Marc Jacobs is my final sample from them. But then I have samples from GWP and unicorn mail. I don't know that I'll ever get to redeem my free full size voucher from the lash stash kits @Loretta55. Good thing the voucher doesn't expire!

I tried a couple of the Marc Jacobs Mascara @ShortErica. At least it was a deluxe sample because I was not impressed.

That's why I like samples @Loretta55 cause then I don't feel bad throwing things out I don't like. Though I try to give them at least a month or two of wear to see how they "age."

@ShortErica That one was such a bummer! It made my lashes look crazy long, but couldn't hold up to a full work day no matter how I prepped and primed. I recently threw it out ๐Ÿ˜•

Thank you @TeamBIC for this AMAZING gratis!!! Last night, I received this lovely package that makes me feel even more special with September being my Birthday Month! Including in this gratis was the Glow Recipe Avocado Fine Line Eye Cream with Retinol 0.5 oz/ 15 mL, SHU UEMURA - Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Oil, BENEFIT COSMETICS - Cookie Highlighter, and BENEFIT COSMETICS - Tickle Highlighter! 

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Last night I had a masking session, so I used the Glow Recipe Eye Sleeping Mask with the belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask 2.53 oz/ 75 mL as the final step in my routine. I have sensitive skin, so I've always been hesitant about adding Retinol to my skincare routine. However, I am happy to report that I had no negative reactions or burning when I tapped the product in. I also didn't notice any strong scents or fragrances, and the mask has a very creamy texture that my dry skin drank up!

The jar is soooo small, but a little goes a long way, and I would only use this a few times a week, so I see this lasting for a while. This is also my first time using a Glow Recipe product, so I can't compare it with anything else in their line. This morning, I did not notice any instant visible results, so I will have to give another update after I've used it for some time to see if there is less darkness around my eyes.

This month, I planned to use the Makeup Revolution Sophe X Revolution Highlighter Palette to pair with this month's shadow palette, the Urban Decay Naked3 Eyeshadow Palette Naked3. With the arrival of this gratis, I've traded that highlighter palette for the Benefit Cosmetics Highlighters.

During this morning's natural beat session, I used the Tickle Highlighter, and OMG, this highlighter is GORGEOUS!!!! Although it looks pink in the pan, on me (FENTY 430 for reference), it gives a beautiful, natural golden sheen that melts into the skin. I used the brush that comes with the highlighter, and one swipe made me glow to the heavens! 

That's it for the first round of first impressions. I will be back to give initial thoughts on the other highlighter and hair oil some time next week most likely. Once again, thank you Team BIC for including me in this round of gratis. I LOVE this community of beauty enthusiasts where we get to geek out about skincare and makeup!!! I can't wait to hear about everyone else's experiences with these products!

So glad you're glowing with our new highlighters! 

xo,

Benefit 

Congratulations on receiving this awesome gratis @sephoraaddict918. What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday.

Congrats on the fun gratis, @sephoraaddict918, and thanks for the reviews :).

Congratulations,  @sephoraaddict918!

Congratulations, @sephoraaddict918, on your gratis and in your birthday month too!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Congrats, @sephoraaddict918. This is a lovely gratis to get to try out!

10 Replies
testing