Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: RE: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Congratulations, @flamingolegs!  Good luck with the house purchase! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Okay a first impressions of the Briogeo Be Gentle Be Kind shampoo and conditioner.  The shampoo smells wonderful of artificial banana and coconut.  It doesnโ€™t lather up at all and when rinsed doesnโ€™t strip your hair at all. I enjoy a shampoo that doesnโ€™t take everything with it.  

The conditioner has the same artificial coconut banana scent.  It says to leave it in for up to 2 minutes.  I habitually left it in for longer before remembering so it was in maybe five or six minutes.  My hair felt moisturized after rinsing but I canโ€™t say thereโ€™s anything exceptional about it.  Itโ€™s good butnot special unless you love banana scented things:). The banana scent lingers in your hair ALL DAY and is fabulous!!!!  Iโ€™ve been a big hair sniffing weirdo all day ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ

Oh I also used the Kerastase night serum (during the day cause I am a rebel) It says to put it in your hair while still damp and to let it do itโ€™s magic overnight.  Oh my goodness I am in trouble cause I love this stuff.  My hair feels unusually soft and healthy today.  For the record my hair is crazily overprocessed and normally needs a lot of oils to bring it anywhere near not frizzy and to make it shine.  Itโ€™s $80 so thereโ€™s where my trouble lies.  I have this mental price cap on hair products that goes to about $60.  I suppose itโ€™s worth it if Iโ€™ve found โ€˜the oneโ€™ and am not wasting my money on the hunt for hair products...? 

@heartsmyface ,

Great reviews on these hair products! 

My 2 cents:  I think the $80 is worth it if the Kerastase can become your new holy grail serum for your hair.   It looks like it will last a very long time.

@heartsmyface that rationale is exactly what my mom has/will use to justify repurchasing the KรฉRASTASE. Sheโ€™s been on the hunt for a HG for literally decades, so in the long term itโ€™ll save money ๐Ÿ˜‚ plus I feel like a bottle wonโ€™t run out too quickly. $80 for 90ml isnโ€™t the worst??? Ive definitely purchased less useful things that had less dollar to weight value ๐Ÿ˜‚

thanks for the review @heartsmyface - it sounds like that shampoo/conditioner set smells amazing!!

@heartsmyface - I'm glad you were finally able to try the banana shampoo and conditioner.

Ooh, @heartsmyface, I love it when a shampoo lingers in your hair throughout the day (provided that it's a good smell, lol).  Thanks for the updated review--I've been really curious about the shampoo.

A look using the Huda gemstone palette from the Anniversary gratis. The colors are buttery and blend beautifully! I used two colors in the left column of my photo, the green and lighter pink layered on top.

155B0415-9AED-4B98-8A53-0AC0DFBC52D8.jpeg

053AE54D-EEAF-4B2F-9EDB-0D6404B6A3F5.jpeg

46DA5D54-CAC9-4D46-907A-DB997B1C91DF.jpeg

Nice look, @angel7594 !

Thanks @tsavorite ! Hope you are enjoying your palette too! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thatโ€™s a VERY pretty combination. Iโ€™m a bit scared to dig into the blue and green for work, but now Iโ€™m wanting to try that out for a more subtle look! Iโ€™m into the pinks and copper tones. Iโ€™ve been wearing them for two days in a row!

Thank you @Danzie89 ! ๐Ÿ’•

RE: Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Question for you. I got the same palette, and I went to leave a review but I canโ€™t find it?

Re: RE: Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@AJLClough 

IIRC, it was Limited Edition. Maybe keep an eye out to see if it shows back up on the site, but it may be gone for good.

great look @angel7594 !

Thank you @Kim888 ๐Ÿ’•

I had my mail held for a week and found a lovely gift from Sephora, and one from Drunk Elephant. Sephora (is like everyone elseโ€™s) super fun palette, socks and phone stand. Thanks Sephora! The DE gift was The Littles 3.0. Thanks Drunk Elephant! 

From Sephora <3From Sephora โค๏ธ

image.jpg

@Weetart , Double Congratulations! 

Receiving the Drunk Elephant Gift in addition to the BIC Anniversary Gift is awesome!

Congratulations, @Weetart!

congrats @Weetart ๐Ÿ˜Š

congrats @Weetart ๐Ÿ˜Š

Woah, @Weetart! That DE set us really something special. I LOVE DE products! So happy you can enjoy this one ๐Ÿ˜Š 

1 Reply
testing