Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Congratulations, @2manyperfumes, on the gratis box!

Thank you @Titian06 ๐Ÿ˜Š

@2manyperfumes   Iโ€™m so glad you received these too!    The socks are such awesome BOC swag and the perfect way to celebrate BICs second anniversary!     

I know I loved those socks and I think my daughter snagged my phone pop toggle.  Great gratis gift ๐Ÿ’ 

@2manyperfumes Congratulations on receiving this gift too. 

Thank you @SportyGirly125 ๐Ÿ˜

Ahhh, what a great idea for a thread!!! We have needed this for a while now!!! Thanks for making it girly!!! ๐Ÿ’– @cianni  (I'm super late to notice this, but thought I would thank ya anyway!!!)

Hehehehehe thank you! @SchylarR ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Wanted to give an update on a recent gratis I had received. It's the OUAI - After Sun Body Soother . So I got a bit burned over the holiday weekend (the clouds tricked me) and I used this after. First, this is not a spray - it comes out more like a foam.  it did feel very cooling and soothing on my burned skin and the foam made for easy application. It was a bit sticky but nothing too bad. The nozzle is a bit difficult to work with though - sometimes it came out well and other times it did not

@Kim888  Thanks for your thoughts on this! โ˜€๏ธ 

@Kim888   Oh I didnโ€™t know Ouai made skincare!   does the  nozzle clear up running it under warm  water?  

Thanks for the review @Kim888 !! I always associate Ouai with only haircare, so I never have looked into their bodycare products. Hit or miss nozzles are a pet peeve of mine though ๐Ÿ˜‚ I have a facial mist from the Creme Shop that sometimes is a fine mist and sometimes is a garden hose ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ

A follow up. I got the anniversary gratis. I have never used a pop socket on my phone. I wouldn't have tried it if I hadn't received this one. I love it and it looks so amazing. Thanks again!

@sprocketta - This is my first pop socket too.  I have a case on my phone.  It has paisleys with rhinestones (the rhinestones are set in).  I don't think I want to try the pop socket on my sparkly case!  I'm thinking about putting it on the back of my tablet instead.

Me too! Iโ€™ve never used one before but now Iโ€™m very tempted to give this one a shot! I always thought they were for kids, but maybe Iโ€™ll like it more than I think!

Anonymous Insider

I'm the same, @sprocketta!  If it hadn't been for the anniversary gift, I would never have a Pop Socket for my phone.  It's working great and looking CUTE!

Got some masking done the other night, so Iโ€™m back at the review game! I tried the Irish moor mud mask received in the PTR masking mashup gratis. Everyone seems to have tried this one already, but I did a little double-duty and tried the Cucumber one as a sleeping mask too afterwards! Iโ€™ve already posted about my cucumber detox experience in the dedicated PTR gratis thread (if anyone wants I can cross post it here as a reply to avoid searching for it) so Iโ€™ll focus on the mud only in this review.F28B9865-075E-46A1-92BB-52265E6702D8.jpeg

Spoiler

What itโ€™s supposed to do: purify, decongest, and hydrate. It claims to draw out dirt, oil and impurities to reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines or wrinkles. Dang! These PTR masks all claim to do a LOT!

Key ingredients: Irish moor mud (which allegedly has higher concentration of purifying bio-minerals), hijiki seaweed, volcanic ash, and activated charcoal are the brand-highlighted ingredients. I noticed that peat was the second highest ingredient on the list, so I did some research and apparently itโ€™s a miracle anti-aging ingredient. There is also Lactic Acid and bentonite, which is type of clay.

Observations: no discernible scent (which I like! I donโ€™t find fragrance necessary in skincare). The mask itself is thick, opaque black and spreads really smoothly on. I used a mask spatula for fear that it would get under my nails and make a mess. The consistency meant that it wasnโ€™t at all drippy, which I LOVE. Easily to multitask and multi mask when it stays exactly in place.

Experience: the directions said leave on for 10mins and rinse off. After washing my face with a mild cleanser, I used a spatula to apply a light-medium thickness layer on my face. It didnโ€™t go as long of a way as the cucumber mask, which I anticipate will last me much longer than this one. I would recommend moving quickly when applying because I found that when I applied on an area and then went back to apply to an adjacent area, or add more, the drier product started to move around. This is definitely different than what I expected, given its clay content (it doesnโ€™t feel like a clay mask at all in my opinion!). It didnโ€™t dry down completely and wasnโ€™t uncomfortable. I ended up leaving it more like 15-20 mins, and it still didnโ€™t dry down and was comfortable. It was a slight pain to wash off, but with a little bit of warm water it wasnโ€™t as bad as masks with higher clay content. My face felt very soft and smooth and bright (Iโ€™ve been having a bout of pimples and my skin has felt a little rough and dull lately), which i love!

Grade: B+. The results were great, and I appreciated that there was no fragrance. That being said, there are a lot of other masks that I think may give me the same results without the price tag. I was also hoping that it would have dried out some of my pimples, but unfortunately no such luck.

Repurchase: I would use it again in a heartbeat, and would pick it up on sale or if I came across it at winners or Marshallโ€™s without a second thought!

@cianni Thanks for the review! These masks look great. I've yet to try PTR face masks, but after seeing all these reviews from the gratis, I'm going to have to try some! 

@rrroxanne I highly recommend the cucumber detox! I havenโ€™t tried them all yet, but Iโ€™ve used that one in a few ways and have found it to be really versatile and easy on my sensitive skin

i received this gratis, id like to think of it as an added birthday present! Thank you sephora for being so kind, i am surprised as well as i have not been as active. 

@Blackwhiskey   Happy birthday BW!!  What a nice treat to receive and perfect timing!!!  

1 Reply
testing