Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: Gratis Check-Ins๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Congratulations @Kim888

thank you @faeriegirl !

Update on the FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair BarriAIR Cream.My skin is still loving it! But it is doing that evaporating/foamy thing a bit now. I give it a little stir with a masking spatula before using it and it goes back into its original consistency! A touch annoying to do it every time but I have been getting so many compliments on how soft my face is since putting it back into rotation so it's worth it! 

Love that you started this thread @cianni!! โค๏ธ โค๏ธ โค๏ธ Here are a few gratis that I've received (thank you again @SephoraBIC!) that are part of my regular / semi-regular routine.

IMG_7914.JPG

DRUNK ELEPHANT - D-Bronziโ„ข Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops and NARS - Ignited Eyeshadow Palette will be put back into my regular rotation once the weather is consistently warmer here, which will hopefully be soon. This is my second tube of the D-Bronzi; I just love it. It gives me some color and a nice glow. I'm on my second or third bottles of the Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenanceโ„ข Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenanceโ„ข Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL - these two products really helped to change my hair for the better; I've since picked up Olaplex No. 3 and Olaplex No. 6. I've gifted different combinations of Olaplex products to family and friends as well. Kate Somerville Liquid ExfoliKateยฎ Triple Acid Resurfacing Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL is one of a handful of chemical exfoliants that I regularly incorporate and rotate through in my evening skincare routine.

@itsfi love that you love these products too! I have found myself reaching for the NARS more than I thought I would when I first saw the shades. I even have used some of the lighter colors as highlighter and it worked out! Do you find that the Olaplex no. 3 and 6 make a huge difference? I'm trying to overhaul my haircare routine because the bleached ends get so dry in the summer

Well @itsfi .. I've had a deluxe sample of DE D-bronzi sitting here for a hot minute... you've convinced me I need to give it a go!

It's one of my favorite products @missjeanie. The key is figuring out what product to mix it with to get the results you want. Drunk Elephant recommends mixing it with the DE Marula Oil but that didn't work out so well for me - it made me look too shiny. For me, mixing it with my sunblock worked best. Mixing it with my moisturizer also worked, but not as as well as the sunblock.

I mix the D-Bronzi with the Protini @itsfi . They mix very well together or I mixed it with my TO sunblock until the Umbra tinted was finally in stock. 

Wow great gratis! @itsfi 

Lux gratis, @itsfi !

@itsfi Those are some awesome products! Enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

Best,

Rebecca

@itsfi Niiiiice!!! Enjoy ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Thank you @PinkEvergreen! The Olaplex have become staples in my routine and I can see that being the case for the DE and Kate Somerville at some point as well.

My first gratis was Kaja Heart Melter Lip Gloss Stick 03 Crazy 4U

I was very impressed with the pigment and still am. I do continue to wear this.

Farmacy Freshen Up All-Natural Deodorant 1.7 oz/ 50 g

I really love this deodorant and use it almost everyday. It has yet to make me smell funky

fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment .15 oz / 4.3 g

Still use this also to this day, usually I apply in the morning about an hour before makeup application

Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette

I did enjoy this palette and used it for quite a few looks. I do plan to get it back in rotation soon.

GLAMGLOW - SUPERTONER โ„ข Exfoliating Acid Solution Toner

This toner I've used 3 times, about once a month, it has alcohol, so I try to to reach for it too often. I didn't really care for the scent either, wouldn't repurchase, but will try to use it a few more times.

OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Face Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL

I was thrilled to receive this as gratis! I do still use this, sometimes without any makeup to give my face a nice glow. I really enjoy the scent ๐Ÿ˜VIKTOR&ROLF - Flowerbomb Midnight

This is not my favorite scent, I tried to use it, but passed it along to a family member who does enjoy it

SEPHORA COLLECTION Hot Line Brush Tip Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner 01 Black

I love this liner, continue to use it at least 3 times a week, it's a go to

SEPHORA COLLECTION - House of Lashes x Sephora Collection Lash Collection

The style is very pretty, I'm not the best at lash application, but will wear these at some point again

BOSCIA - Skin Perfecting BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30

This BB cream is awesome!! I've been saving it for these summer months, so it'll be getting tagged again very soon

@lmaster totally agree about the Kaja Lippie ! I still use mine all the time!

@Kim888 I was very impressed, I seen some on YouTube saying they thought it was gimmicky but it really has great pigment,,, and I do love the heart shaped ๐Ÿ˜

@lmaster Everyone raves about that SC liner! I'm tempted to pick it up because I think I'm finally over the KVD and won't be purchasing it anymore. Partially because of her stance on some issues, but mainly because mine keep drying out so quickly! So happy to hear there were so many hits for you!

@cianni I agree with the KVD drying out quickly, the SC is still going strong ๐Ÿ˜‰

@lmaster Loved seeing your thoughts on all of your awesome gratis! Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca

thank you so much @RebeccaBT I love almost everything! ๐Ÿ˜Š

thank you so much @RebeccaBT I love almost everything! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster  Youโ€™ve received some awesome gratis! Great to hear that youโ€™ve gotten lots of use out of it ๐Ÿ˜Š

testing